calzaghe v. Hopkins--- In game

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Doubt much interest but if anyone is around to chat during the fight, check in here..

I am on Calzaghe with a fairly large ML bet..:box:

pretty good article:

Joe Calzaghe has received a show of support from fellow fighter Ricky Hatton, who expects Calzaghe to succeed where he failed in December.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 align=center border=0 hspace="0"><TBODY><TR><TD width=600><CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Hatton, knocked out in the 10th round by Floyd Mayweather, believes Calzaghe "has the tools" to beat Hopkins on his light-heavyweight debut.
"Joe can't do any wrong in my eyes - as a boxer he's the complete package," Hatton said. "Whether the fight be in Wales or America, Joe is just the better man."
However, former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis believes that the unknown factors in the Welshman fighting in America for the first time could be "an issue".
"It is an advantage for Hopkins and an issue for Calzaghe because he has never travelled for a fight," said Lewis.
<NOEMBED>
TFCMPU300x250.gif
</NOEMBED><NOSCRIPT>
TFCMPU300x250.gif
</NOSCRIPT>
"He has had to get readjusted, stay for quite a while in a brand new environment. That has to have some kind of effect on you. All of a sudden the whole world is focused on you. You are not at home any more, your fans are travelling.
"Some boxers can adjust and some boxers can't, we are going to have to see whether he can make the adjustment or not."
Calzaghe has revealed he has taken inspiration from Hatton's showdown with Mayweather, having been present for the build-up and the bout itself.
"Seeing Ricky getting thousands of fans on the other side of the world was incredible and gave me a real buzz," said Calzaghe, who faces Hopkins at the Thomas & Mack Center.
"I wanted to get a bit of that before I retired because it is the only thing missing from my record."
Eight thousand British fans are arriving in Sin City, which say will create pressure for Calzaghe. Hatton thinks not.
"A lot of people say that level of support is a big weight on your shoulders, but I never looked at it that way," said Hatton, who returns to the ring against Mexico's Juan Lazcano in Manchester on 24 May.
"I just thought of how many people I could let down and how many people I could make proud. It is different fighting in America but Joe has got to believe in his ability. I think Joe is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world and just too busy."
One-time welterweight champion Lloyd Honeyghan, who came to American and destroyed America's best young boxer, Donald Curry, told Boxing Monthly. "Calzaghe's going to have loads of problems. He's only risking this because Hopkins is 43. But Hopkins is an old-time fighter, a proper, proper operator.
"He's an Archie Moore type, make you miss, make you pay. Remember, a young Hopkins gave a prime Roy Jones all the problems he needed (despite losing a decision to him for the middleweight title).
"Joe might get hesitant, a bit like Ricky Hatton did against Mayweather. Also, Calzaghe slaps a lot but in the US trust me they'll not stand for that. He'll get warned loads. It's 50-50, age versus youth but if Hopkins was 33, not 43, it'd definitely be him."
The debate continues.

Certainly making a big deal out of the black/white issue in the pre-fight... Bores me to be honest... Lets fight:popcorn:

ray j ray j ray j

sex tape and now try to sey up the national anthem.

long fight but Joe needs to get busy.. Actually think the knockdown was a bit of a pushdown also

calz is not winning this fight he does those last ten seconds flurry to create that imagine of him winning.

Back