California vs. Hawaii - Handicap it

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
We are just a few days away from game one of the season. With just one game on the slate this weekend, we should be able to break this game down and find the play. We could do one of our forum complete handicapping jobs and find the play.

Pace of each team?
Weather?
Matchups?
Changes to teams?
Special Teams?
Final Score?
Hawaii most likely points range?
Turnovers?
Etc. ?

I don't know for sure if the spring game was indicative of the California pace but if so it will be incredibly fast paced when they have the ball. Like lightning. Not sure that is what they are doing, but it gives me pause on my personal leans in that game.

Because the Cal coach is the old LA Tech, I have to believe they'll be uptempo. Senior transfer QB who has a bowl game under his belt should allow Cal to get out the gate quickly. I'll be following up with some of the local Cal alumni this week.

Beyond just being a senior transfer it seems like Webb is a perfect fit for what they do.

This game is being played in Sydney, Australia. Not sure who that favors the most. But the next week, on September 3rd, Hawaii has to go to Michigan to play Harbaugh. That's a brutal travelling schedule.

Hawaii returns 15 starters, Cal only 10 starters. No Goff, I wonder how good is their new QB?

This game is being played in Sydney, Australia. Not sure who that favors the most. But the next week, on September 3rd, Hawaii has to go to Michigan to play Harbaugh. That's a brutal travelling schedule.

Stalking the UM first qtr line, now.
Hefty at -13, but I think I'm comfortable with that considering the travel.

There's one of the answers to the pace.

Jake Spav(z)ital is the OC. Predictable play calling ahead. A lot of dump off passes.

All Times Listed As Hawai'i Standard Time
<section class="sidearm-schedule-games" data-bind="stopBindings: true" style="word-break: break-word; box-sizing: border-box; padding-top: 8px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px;">[h=3]Scheduled Games[/h]
  • cal.png

AUG 26 (FRI) 4:00 P.M. HT
    VS CALIFORNIA

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
    TV: ESPN

<button href="#" class="sidearm-schedule-game-toggle noprint" style="word-break: break-word; cursor: pointer; width: auto; font-family: inherit; font-size: 0px; margin: 0px; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; border: none;">Hide/Show Additional Information For California - August 26, 2016</button>
  • Michigan_GoldM.png

SEP 3 (SAT) 6:00 A.M. HT
    AT MICHIGAN

ANN ARBOR, MICH.
    TV: ESPN

• UT-Martin.png

SEP 10 (SAT) 6:00 P.M. HT
    VS UT MARTIN

ALOHA STADIUM

• arizona_.png

SEP 17 (SAT) 4:45 P.M. HT
    AT ARIZONA

TUCSON, ARIZ.
    TV: PAC-12 NETWORK

</section>

I'll be capping all this...

I think week 4 will be biggest opportunity to make money.

On a travel note, Cal left late Saturday night / early Sunday morning so it looks like they will have about four days on the ground in Sydney before gameday.

any updates on field conditions after all that rain? to be the first game of the season, aint nobody talking much about it on any of the networks or online

Back