Cal vs USC PPD til DEC

Lotta UA people didn't think Cal'd be able to field a team last weekend and break the losing streak that way. In a round about way, they didn't field one.

Cal was just a few starters away last week from not being able to play.

Berkeley.

Justin Wilcox probably going to take another job somewhere else after this year. Who wants to deal with Berkeley?

I learned the other day that Justin Wilcox is son of legendary SF 49er and HOF LB Dave Wilcox. A bunch of sports memorabilia collectibles from Dave Wilcox is listed at a current Heritage Auctions website.

Back on topic, the PAC-12 should've stepped in last week. Wilcox was beyond frustrated in last weeks post game press conference, not at his team or even the game, but all this comes out of nowhere and everyone giving mixed messages. "You have to do this, you can't do that,etc"

I can't recall any stories from other schools in the country related to players missing games due to Covid? NFL, yes. Nobody in college is testing. If they are I haven't heard. This story is getting g a little more traction nationally now with people being like "what's the big deal with getting tested?" Because nobody else is testing their players.

There was one. I forgot. Texas State vs Incarnate Word and the following week still short handed vs Eastern Mich. I forget the exact circumstances how it came about, but bunch of players were out with positive tests or tracing.

We had required testing at work a few weeks back and week 2 (my 3rd test overall) I tested positive and was sent home. I had the Delta version about 60 days prior to the false positive and was allowed to return to work the next day once I provided by prior positive test within the past 90 days. At this point, I’d be shocked if more than half of these positive tests aren’t false positives. Between the vaccinated and the previous contractors this things just about run it’s course at least locally. We may see another spike next July but it will have to be a newly released variant.

A little further reading if anyone is interested. There is an individual Dr. Monica Gandhi who speaks common sense "they were doing mass testing of people who didn't need it". "The CDC has been clear that if you feel well, and you’re vaccinated, then there’s no reason to test regularly,” Gandhi told KPIX. “This is not a CDC recommendation to do vast asymptomatic testing of vaccinated people."

But if you don't want to read the story, this is the take away moving forward:

The Bears will be tested twice a week for the rest of the season, Wilcox said, and other changes have been made to minimize the chances of further COVID-19 spread. Weight-lifting has been moved back outside, as it was a year ago, and there also have been adjustments made to team meals and workouts.

If they are testing twice a week, it is possible there will be other players who may miss time in future games.

Back