C-Golds week 6, 5-2 ATS +12 units the past 3 weeks.

• Thread starter Thread starter C-Gold
  • Start date Start date
C

C-Gold

Week 1 3-3-1 ATS, 0-0 ML, -4.75 units
Week 2 3-4-1 ATS, 0-1 ML, -6 units
Week 3 0-0-1 ATS, 1-0 ML, +3 units
Week 4 3-2-0 ATS, 0-0 ML +7 units
Week 5 2-0-1 ATs, 0-0 ML +2 units
Season = +1.25 units<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I've been 5-2-1 ATS, 1-0 ML for +12 units the past 3 weeks. I got destroyed with Philly the first couple of weeks, but have settled down since then. I felt bad after <ST1:pBuffalo</ST1:p two weeks ago but otherwise it was looking real good.<O:p</O:p

Week 6 Card<O:p</O:p
Cincy @ KC +4 ( bet ed) 3 units (Sucker bet)<O:p</O:p
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
Arizona</st1:State> gave up the backdoor cover last week for the push, and the Jets shit the bed against <st1:City w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSt. Louis</ST1:p</st1:City> @ Baltimore -9.5 (Bet Ed) 2 units<O:p</O:p
New England -6 @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pDallas</ST1:p</st1:City> (bodog) 2 units<O:p</O:p
<st1:State w:st="on">Tennessee</st1:State> +3 @ <ST1:p<st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></ST1:p (bodog) 1 unit<O:p</O:p
<st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State> @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> -3 (bodog)1 unit<O:p</O:p
New York Giants @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pAtlanta</ST1:p</st1:City>( units depending on how sunday goes) <O:p</O:p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------<O:p</O:p
Marvin Lewis is an overrated defensive coach, with a stud quarterback/offense. If he didn't have Carson Palmer bailing him out, he would have been fired years ago.<O:p</O:p

The Bengals defense is giving up a whopping <O:p</O:p
5.3 ypc run ( 153 game)<O:p</O:p
7.1 yp pass (251 game)<O:p</O:p
the defense actually gets worse on the road giving up 6 yards per run.<O:p</O:p

If you are Larry Johnson, you have to be licking your chops against that Bengals run defense. He has zero touchdowns on the year thus far, and often times when you are matched up against such inferior competition, you are just licking your chops expecting a big day. I'd say that Johnson is an excellent fantasy start, and I think he will have 100+ yards and 2 touchdowns.<O:p</O:p

Herm Edwards likes to run the boring, conservative, mistake free offense, and that might be all he needs against these Bengals. I am sure they would be happy just getting 5 yards a pop and moving the chains. <O:p</O:p

On the other side of the ball, you have Carson Palmer and his dynamic offense. The Bengals have been starting a 3rd down scat back as Rudi Johnson has been hurt, but the Bengals strength is passing the ball.<O:p</O:p

I think the Chiefs defense has gone from terrible a few years ago, to not so bad today. I even think they looked alright at home. The Chiefs Defense only gives up 173 passing yards per game which is pretty good. They have 2 of the best corners in the game with Law and Surtain, and they have 2 good defensive ends in Allen and Hali. You put that defense in front of one of the best home field advantages in sports, and they are even better against the pass. Jared Allen owned big Bryant Mckinnie a few weeks ago, and Tamba Hali is a freak of nature on the other side. <O:p</O:p

Playing in KC is real hard for the opponents tackles as far as the snap count goes. It gives those Chiefs ends an extra advantage, and you have to figure that Palmer will be passing a lot, and calling a lot of audiles against that noise.<O:p</O:p

The public loves offense and is pounding the Bengals because they feel they are "due" for a win. I like the fact that KC has kept their games pretty close, they are better at home, and they they will try and run that conservative offense that will be efficient ( not turn the ball over), and keep Carson Palmer off the field. On the other side of the ball, I think the Chiefs defense matches up well with the Bengals ( good pass D vs good Passing O), and they are more likely to force turnovers. Teams that win the turnover battle win games. I also like the fact that I got this line at +4. Call it a sucker bet, and let this home dog bark LOUD. 100 yards and 2 TD for Larry Johnson.<O:p</O:p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------<O:p</O:p<st1:City w:st="on">St. Louis</ST1:p</st1:City> has been a horrible team this year that has lost every single game. They were off when they were healthy, and then they got hurt. They stunk when they were hurt, and now they are on the road.<O:p</O:p

I am not going to get as in depth about this game, but there are different blowouts, and this would be the more defense/turnover induced blowout. Gus Ferotte and Brian Lenoard are up against a rough Ravens defense. The Rams are only averaging 5 points per game on the road and they are turnover prone vs the <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBaltimore</ST1:p</st1:City> head hunters. Just look at the Ravens defense after an interception or fumble recovery, they aren't just happy to get the ball, they players block and form a cartel to lead the playmaker to the end zone.<O:p</O:p

The Rams defense isn't very good either. You know, I think the Rams have some decent players with Glover, Little, Carriker, Weatherspoon, but the reason why they have problems is that they just aren't very good tacklers. The Rams are giving up 4.5 per run ( 145 yards per game) and you have to like that if you are Willis Mcghee.<O:p</O:p

Once again, I think if you are <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBaltimore</ST1:p</st1:City> this is more of the type of game where you play your game, and let the Rams poor tackling beat themselves. The Ravens don't have to get "cute" on offense, but just run your normal offense and let the Rams beat themselves. The offense should be getting good field position and I wouldn't be surpised if the Ravens surpassed their season high point total of 26. Sometimes when a mediocre offense plays a bad defense they want to run the score up more, and Brian Billeck certainly has the ego. I really don't like betting on the egotistical Brian Billeck, but this is a bet on the Ravens defense. I also like the fact that these teams are out of conference foes ( Ravens at home), which means it comes more down to talent, and it's less about knowing your divisional opponent. Ravens in a route.<O:p</O:p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------<O:p</O:p
I Like the Patriots in the game many are calling the mini super bowl. <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pDallas</ST1:p</st1:City> has exceeded all expectations, while the Patriots have beat everybody like they were expected too. <O:p</O:p

The Patriots have been a perfect 5-0 ATS, and have won every single game in blowout fashion of 17 points or more. <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pDallas</ST1:p</st1:City> has somewhat surprised people with a 5-0 record and I see them losing this one.<O:p</O:p

I correctly predicted this spread at 6, and I will correctly pick the Patriots to win and cover.<O:p</O:p

The Patriots look like a super bowl champion team with at least a 14-2 record ( some think they will go undefeated). If it weren't for my very heavy NFL futures on the Pats, I would probably play this higher. I will admit that I am surprised at how fast BB and Tom Brady have integrated a whole new crop of receivers into that offense with so many reads. You have to really credit Randy Moss and Wes Welker with being smart players, and Stallworth with playing in the Eagles West coast offense last year. You would have maybe expected interceptions or bad plays based on guys running the wrong routes, but not with these guys. Their coach in the sweat shirt has everybody ready and focused... The Patriots are all about execution.
<st1:City w:st="on"></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on">Dallas</st1:City> had trouble with <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBuffalo</ST1:p</st1:City> last week and they will certainly be pumped for this game, but will that be enough?<O:p</O:p

I see the Patriots following their format of being aggressive early, building a lead throwing the ball, and then trying to play those 2 TE big sets and shorten the game and try and force turnovers. You also can't ignore the coaching advantage the Patriots have. In fact, I'd give the patriots the edge in offense, defense, coaching, and maybe even special teams. The Cowboys will be playing at home, but the Patriots are a real good road team that doesn't seem to lose focus on the road. I know the Points pread seems a little high, but a little bit of it can be negated by the predicted high total. The Patriots have won every game by 17, and I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see them only win by 7 or more. The Patriots are the quality team that you either bet on, or don't bet the game at all.<O:p</O:p
Vince Young and the Titans have been a covering machine at 13-3 in their last 16 ATS. Vince Young has been everything a mobile quarterback " should be", and he seems to thrive in underdog roles. I had a long write up about Vince Young and I do like watching him and believe he is a strong leader that makes his teammates better.<O:p</O:p

The other underrated part about the Titans is that their defense has quietly improved a lot too. I'd at least partially credit that to one of best coaches in the game ( Jeff Fisher). The Titans are only giving up 71 Yards per game on the ground (3.7 per run), and just over 200 per game passing ( under 6 yards per pass)<O:p</O:p

I do believe in Jeff Garcia as a quarterback, but he will be handing off to the teams 3rd string running back, and playing behind a poor offensive line. Even a smart quarterback like Garcia playing in a west coast offense will still have trouble with that weak offensive line.
I see this as a low scoring game, and I see the Titans as a live dog getting 3 points.<O:p</O:p
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> is coming off that tough loss against the Bears on National TV and is looking to get back on track. I would expect the Pack to go over ball security so that they won't turn the ball over so much ( and the Redskins aren't big in take aways). The Packers shot themselves in the foot with all those turnovers against the Bears.<O:p</O:p

The Redskins played against a similar offense in the Eagles and held them to 13 points, but Mcnabb was really off that game, and the Eagles had the ball in the Red zone 5 times and didn't score 1 touchdown. You have to give the Redskins some credit for that, but you also have to at least partially blame Mcnabb for missing open receivers. The Eagles " could have" potentially had 35 points in that game, but instead only had 13.<O:p</O:p

It looked like the Redskins played a lot of man coverage that game, which tends to be more feast/famine. The Redskins back 7 isn't that bad, but their problem lies in their pass rush.<O:p</O:p

The Redskins pass rush was ok last week, because<O:p</O:p
1) The Lions don't really have a run attack<O:p</O:p
2) The Lions run deeper routes that take more time to develop<O:p</O:p
3) The Redskins were lining their defensive tackles up in the C gap, to rush the passer, and ignoring the run.... but Mike Martz still didn't try and run, even the redskins were daring them to run right up the gut.<O:p</O:p

I give <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> an advantage of having the Eagle game tape to see how the Redskins respond in certain situations. Also throw in the fact that their leader ( Marcus Washington is out, and Phillip Daniels probably is too). I don't think Daniels is any good, but he just makes them one player less deep on what could be an unseasonably warm sunday.<O:p</O:p

I think Jason Campbell is way overrated from his performance against the Lions. He was throwing screens and a whole bunch of passes 5 yards and under in the flats which up his completion percentage. Mark Brunell had a game against <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pHouston</ST1:p</st1:City> last year where he hit 26 straight completions of dinks and dunks.<O:p</O:p

I guess I counted 4 balls that Jason completed past 10 yards, and two of them were still low risk throws off of play action to wide open Redskins. Sure his numbers looked great, but when you throw a 1 yard slant to Antwain Randel El and he picks up 37 yards, then how much credit should that quarterback really get? I don't see Jason Campbell as a terrible awful player, but I really see Joe Gibbs trying to keep the training wheels on and run that "Horizontal offense" where it doesn't require a lot of risky throws downfield. Gibbs would rather try and win games with his power rushing attack, and defense.<O:p</O:p

The Packers are also a team that runs a lot of man/man coverage on defense. They have 2 good corners in Woodson and Harris, and they will be matched up against two gimpy injured redskins in Randel El and Moss. I would expect the Redskins to continue to run that Horizontal offense with lots of short throws to the backs in the flat, and tight end Cooley. <O:p</O:p

If <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> can keep the Redskins rushing at bay, they could get a lot of 3 and outs with those dump off on 3rd and long. The Packers are giving up 4 YPC on defense, but only 2.9 YPC at home. <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pWashington</ST1:p</st1:State> also has to cope with those huge losses on the O-Line of Jansen and Thomas.<O:p</O:p

Picking a 3 point spread is basically picking who is going to win the game. I see <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> getting it done at home after that awful loss to the Bears where they turned the ball over. <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pWashington</ST1:p</st1:State> hasn't been good at forcing turnovers, and the Redskins offense will be facing better competition this week.<O:p</O:p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
leans<O:p</O:p
Minny @ Chicago - The line should be lower, but I really want to fade Tavaras Jackson, but I don't want to play the Bears as favorites after that big SNF win as dogs. I think Minnys D is aight too.<O:p</O:p
<st1:City w:st="on">Houston</st1:City> @ Jax - I think Jax is the better team, but <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pHouston</ST1:p</st1:City> isn't bad on offense or defense and that is a lot of points. <O:p</O:p
Philly @ Jets - Jets are a home dog, and the public loves Philly. Philly should route the horrible Jets, but I like the games I played better.<O:p</O:p
Car @ Zona - I'd love to fade David Carr, and Zonas defense is underrated, and their offense can actually run the ball this year, but Warner is turnover prone.<O:p</O:p

Last edited by a moderator:
c gold, no beers tongiht? lol... i like tenny, gb and the g men this week as well, staying away from ne, i think the upset may happen this week. good luck man.

Vanzack used to have that same cut and paste problem, CG.

We're actually going to be on a number of the same games, though I'll probably be against you in KC.

One thing to look out for in Baltimore, the Ravens lost a ton of offensive linemen in SF, and I'm not sure but I think they may be down to their third string center.

I know they're getting someone back in the secondary, I believe, this week, the name escapes me at the moment, and it's pretty impossible to believe in Gus Ferotte, but that Ravens offense is awful and they've consistently let teams back into the game in the second half.

They're definitely the better team, I'm just pointing it out.

Good luck.

Do you like Arz more since Carolina is probably starting Vinny? I do...

Word late today from ESPN was that Carr will still probably start. But he's barely practiced at all this week.

Tiger - No Beers. I went to a high school football game and got to see some live hitting for 5 dollars.

I don't think Testaverde would be any better for Zona backers than Carr. I think David Carr is a dumb mobile quarterback that proved he can't run an offense. He telegraphs passes, he holds onto the ball too long, and he can't read a defense. If he wasn't drafted so high, he would have probably already been given up on. Testavede on the other hand is the opposite of Carr. He is old, and smart.

Sometimes when a bad/medicore offense gets a chance to run up a score and look good... they do that. Haven't you seen some of those teams in highschool or college that can consistantly beat the shit out of crap opponents, but then they can also consistantly lose to good teams? I thought they call them Carpels or some other animal that feeds off the weak.

I think we see that with Baltimore this week. Ferotte and the Rams could have a lot of punts/turnovers, and the Ravens might run it up as if to "prove" something. 10 points really isn't a lot considering the circumstances. More of the public is on the Rams ( thinking they might try and you know, win their first game), but I don't see those backups and cast offs pulling it off. The Ravnes would probably have to turn it over for that to happen.

Good stuff C.....it looks like you are getting your swagger back.

I'm with you on the Titans and will be on the Giants come monday night.

I cant bet baltimore untill the show me they can do something on offense. Billick is a shithead offensive playcaller. I told myself I would not bet on them after that week 1 fiasco. Granted St. Louis is one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL right now. I'm still not touching this one, GL tho.

I was leaning on GB, but this game will prolly be a noplay for me.

I do like the chiefs this week after looking into this matchup. They have quietly put together a pretty good defense. I think they can get LJ going against a terrible cincy D. And that rookie D-Bowe is a straight up stud.

Oh and NE -6? Why didnt you take them earlier in the week for a better line? Bodog is terrible for betting favs.

"Remember the Titans" have been an ATM and Vince Young is a stud. I think people look back at how Tampa owned Michael Vick when looking at Youngs Titans. Let me be the first to tell you that I hated Vick and thought he was overrated, and Young is NOT that player. Vince is good and actually studies his playbook, instead of getting high and spreading herpes.

I really don't like Brian Billeck either. He falls into the Marvin Lewis, Tony Fungy "opportunist" family of coaches deemed "genuis" that win because of supurb talent on the other side of the ball. If you took away Ray Ray, C-Mac, Suggs, Ed Reed, Kelly Greg, etc. then Billeck would be exposed for the overrated fraud that he is. He would probably have those " they are who we thought they were" type press conferences too with that EGO of his. Brian Billeck really owes the Ravens GM Ossie Newsome for continually stacking that roster with talent. Newsome is a talented GM, Billeck is replaceable.

I was against Baltimore in week 1, and with all that being said, they are facing a weak opponent this week, and I could see the asshole Billeck trying to run up the score to prove " I am an offensive genius, look at us score".

I am glad somebody else noticed the Cheifs defense isn't a punching bag anymore. They have ...
- two bookends with Allen and Hali
- two stud corners with Law and Surtain
- above average linebacking core with Edwards, Johnson, and Harris
do they have holes? Sure, but that defense isn't the pushovers they were a few years back. They are even better at that loud home stadium with those pass rushers coming in. They defend the pass well, and will look to slow down the Bengals passing offense.

Ideally the Cheifs get the kickoff, pound the shit out of the Bengals run D, eat up clock, and get a lead and then start blitzing and putting pressure on Palmer.

I think that even if the Cheifs were down 10, Herm would still run the ball and keep it close and try and make a move later in the game.

The public LOVES the bengals too ( which makes me like KC even more). I guess they like them coming off a bye, and sometimes teams play better and in sync off a bye, but sometimes they are rusty. The Bengals are more of a passing offense going into a hostile building against a good pass D.

I like the KC pick quite a bit...

everything in the capping sense is leaning Dallas... but my gut says I'd be stupid to go against Brady... so I won't be doing that for sure...

gl this week gold

The Chiefs look like a classic sucker bet to me and it is my largest wager of the week. They matchup well, they are at home, they figure to be the team with less turnovers etc.

I'd give the coaching advantage to Herm over Marvin too.

Great stuff C-Gold. Totally agree the Bengals are a sucker bet. Love the KC, Tennessee and New England plays.:shake:

Awesome writeups, C-Gold. I'm with you on the KC pick. To me, if someone is an NFL capper, the KC pick should be an auto-pick for them considering the homefield dog, the makeup of the two teams, and the public percentages. I also like Allen and Hali to batter Palmer all game and force some turnovers.

Allen and Hali are good ends, but they are even better playing at home. It has nothing to do with rest, or anything like that, but that crowd is so loud, you see opponents having to go on silent snap counts.

You often see the left tackle hold the hand of the left guard, and when he lets go is when he knows to move. That just gives Allen and Hali that extra jump from which to go off of.

A few weeks ago Jared Allen had a monster game as he just owned Bryant Mckinnie.

The Chiefs also play a lot of man coverage. Why is that signifigant? Well, the loud crowd can often help out your pass rush, but sometimes it can hurt your secondary.

What do I mean by that? Well, a lot of times DBs will change coverage, or communicate who they are covering, or what zone. Sometimes you will see a safety look out to his corners and throw a hand signal. Well, what if it is loud as shit and a guy misses a call or signal? You see blow coverages.

I've seen linebackers complain that sometimes their homefield is so damn loud, that people "miss" shifts, coverages etc.

KC locking up Law and Surtain on the outside shouldn't be as much of a problem.

That loud stadium will make it extra hard on Palmer running around calling plays doing his best impression of Peyton Manning.

Do I think the Chiefs shut down the Bengals passing attack? Of course not, but they can make it harder for them to execute, and slow them down.

On the other side of the ball, I'd be shocked if LJ had less than 100 yards. The guy might run for as high as 170 today.

I like Herman playing Herman Edwards style football this game. Run the boring, ball control offense, don't turn it over. Pound the run, keep the Bungles off the field... maybe throw in some play action, and let the Bengals beat themselves.

As good as Palmer is, he is MORE likely to throw a pick to Law or Surtain, than LJ is to fumble from a hit from some Bengal who should be in jail.

Quincy Carter arrested again for drugs...

Another dumb, law breaking mobile quarterback. At least Bill Parcells had the ball to just straight up throw that crackhead off the team.

2-0-2 after 1pm

Week 6 Card<O:p</O:p
Cincy @ KC +4 ( bet ed) 3 units (Sucker bet) WIN<O:p</O:p
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
Arizona</st1:State> gave up the backdoor cover last week for the push, and the Jets shit the bed against <st1:City w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSt. Louis</ST1:p</st1:City> @ Baltimore -9.5 (Bet Ed) 2 units WIN<O:p</O:p
New England -6 @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pDallas</ST1:p</st1:City> (bodog) 2 units<O:p</O:p
<st1:State w:st="on">Tennessee</st1:State> +3 @ <ST1:p<st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></ST1:p (bodog) 1 unit Push<O:p</O:p
<st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State> @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pGreen Bay</ST1:p</st1:City> -3 (bodog)1 unit PUSH<O:p</O:p
New York Giants @ <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pAtlanta</ST1:p</st1:City>( units depending on how sunday goes)

KC won as expected, LJ didn't have his 2 td because of a freaking fumble.

Baltimore should have won by more, if not for converting in the redzone, Matt Stover kicked a million field goals.

The Pack had 2 TD called back, and 2 missed field goals, the Redskins offense didn't show up the second half, Pack should have won by more.

Tennesee had Vince motherfreaking young get hurt, but Collins delivers for the push.

The Pack had 2 TD called back, and 2 missed field goals, the Redskins offense didn't show up the second half, Pack should have won by more.

You clearly didn't watch that game, the Packers got lucky as hell to win, but you love hating on the Redskins; so I understand. Campbell looked great too, he had AT LEAST 6 of his passes dropped including an absolutely perfect 50 yard pass to Santana Moss which bounced off Moss' facemask. The Packer INT was off a dropped pass also. Packers fans would admit they were lucky I'm sure, since that's basically all they talked about on their post game radio show. And it was only 1 TD called back I believe, and they got a FG on that drive anyway. The Redskins beat themselves.

Nice day though, KC was a ballsy pick.

I clearly didn't watch the Redskins game?

Sure, you want to discount the 2 TDs called back ( even Aikman a former cowboy said it was a bad call), and they missed 2 field goals ( 1 hit the crossbar). How come when Plax, TO, or some other receiver drops balls we don't hear about it, but when Jason Campbell has some drops we hear about how he wasn't given a fair shot? How about those intercepted passes that were dropped too? Should we count those?

When I capped the game, I said Green Bay would win, and they did. A 3 point spread isn't a lot, and they did leave some points on the field.

about Jason Campbell... Let's bring the up 4th and 2 late in the game where Joe Gibbs decides to go for it. AGAIN Jason Campbell with the 0 yard pass to his running back expecting him to pick up the yards. You like throwing for 0 or 1 yards on 4th and 2?

How about the final Redskins play in the game. 4th and 17 and you throw a screen pass? JOE GIBBS, HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO RUN SCREEN PASSSES?

Jason Campbell completed 21 passes... not bad
Do you know how many he completed to receivers? 4

That is a whole hell of a lot of screens and dump offs. It's not like he's Peyton Manning back there picking people apart, he's dropping back, turning to his right, and throwing to some running back who he hopes breaks some tackles and picks up yards.

Is he a bad player? NO, but he sure looks like a game manager to me.

great calls bro... I wanted to jump on the Patriots so bad this week.. shoulda just done it... you called the GB game right on as well.. anyway... keep up the good stuff gold.

KC +4 ( WIN 3 units)
Ravens -9.5 ( WIN 2 units)
Patriots -6( WIN 2 units)
Pack -3 ( Push)
Titans +3 ( Push)
----------------------------------------------------------------
3-0-2 ATS +7 units

shouldn't woulda coulda ran a 5 team parlay. I liked the card
:smiley_acbe::cheers:

I don't know how you can say a team should win by more and cite missed FGs and penalties, but discount dropped passes to wide open recievers. His deep balls looked good. Who are these recievers he should be throwing downfield to? Moss? He did .. Moss is looking awful this year. Randle El is injured. McCardell? Lloyd? These WRs suck, Moss is playing awful. The Packers had a 60yd fumble return for TD and the Skins also fumbled on their own 10 yard line.

The Skins had 100 more total yards and controlled the ball for 5 more minutes. Favre couldn't throw the ball deep, even though guys were open, and their running game is awful.

Where was that 2nd TD called back? I know the holding penalty, I don't remember a 2nd one. I'm actually shocked people think the Packers deserved to win that game, let alone by more than three. 10+ Fondy? Really?

He missed 2 field goals, 1 of them hit the crossbar.

Troy Aikman is a former Dallas cowboy, and he even said that penalty on the right tackle was bullshit. It wiped off 7 points for the Packers. If any of those 4 outcomes are changed, the Pack wins and covers. ( 2 called back touchdowns, and 2 missed fgs). Crosby has been accurate this year.

Why don't I care about dropped passes? Because every quarterback has dropped balls every single game. It was a cold wet field out there, and Favre had his drops too. Maybe Campbell had 1 or 2 more than he should have had, but nothing out of the ordinary. Mike Vick had dropped balls and everybody always said he had no receivers, Eli Manning has dropped balls and nobody brings them up.

Aikman was commenting about how Campbell throws a flatter deep ball.

When he has 3 receivers under 6' tall, you would think that is a problem. Instead of putting some air under the ball, and letting your guys go get it, you are really trying to thread the needle throwing to those short receivers. It didn't work.

It's funny the redskins spent all that money on receivers, and you are saying they don't have any.

I think that you really don't think the Redskins should have won, but you are just being a redskins fan that is angry they played poorly.

Alright ... it didn't hit the crossbar, it hit the left upright. The FG he did make almost hit it too. I don't see a difference between an above average amount of dropped passes and two missed FGs.

I didn't say there definitely wasn't a second TD called back, I'm asking when was it? I don't remember it at all.

I've never defended their receivers before, obviously Lloyd was a bad signing, but I would say Randle El was just hindered by the injury. There is no excuse for how useless Moss has been this year.

--Why would I waste my time arguing with you about something I don't believe? "I think you don't really believe the Packers should have won by more, but you're just a Redskins hater that is angry you pushed." That's just an annoying comment that does nothing for the conversation, other than annoy me. --

I can't believe no one else that's read this has not agreed with me. Aaron Kampman said after the game that they stole this like the Bears stole the game last week ... so it evened out.

But this argument is kind of pointless anyway, Packers won. Great work today. I do look forward to the day you say Jason Campbell is good, that will be awesome.

You ask me if I "even watched the game" and then you are asking ME about a 2nd called back touchdown? Ha.

You are right though, the ball hit the left upright, not the crossbar, but green bay left points on the board and should have won by more.

A couple more dropped balls on a cold rainy day? Who would have thought? No, but seriously, it's not like all of those balls thrown to those midget receivers were great. You can't just blame them.

Jason Campbell only complete 4 freaking passes to wide receivers. Even on 4th and 2 he is throwing to the back in the flats, and on 4th and 17 to end the game he is throwing a screen pass???? How does that not inflate his quarterback rating?

I think you are just a pissed off redskins fan venting. Of course you think your team should have played better.

Well I said the watched the game thing, because I really don't think you watched the same game as me. There is a big difference between sitting in a sports bar or something and watching everything, or watching one game specifically. If you just see scattered plays you can't really get the same feel for how the game's going. If you did watch it, then great. But if you were watching all the games, then there is a big difference. I think you'd agree.
And, I said I thought there was only 1 TD called back. I've been asking someone to explain when the second was ... to refresh my memory. Please do, I'm not saying you're lying or something, haha.

I don't bitch vent on this board about my team losing, if so, that's all I'd be doing ... look at my username ... and my location. I'm pretty good at taking losses in stride.

Are you bored or something?

If you only want to talk about the Redskins, then go start a thread.

I already told you I watched every single play of that game. You are the one asking me about plays you missed or forgot.

Haha, wow, I'm done with this argument ... but just to clarify, I was responding to you comparing my questioning whether or not you watched the game to you accusing me of not believing my own argument. That's all. I'm not bored. While I'm the one asking about plays I missed, you are the one who won't or can't explain the play you are talking about.

Excellent day C-Gold. I was on the Tenny side also and frankly I am actually happy with a push there. I may be joining you on the Giants tomorrow.

typical C-GOLD day this man is like money in the bank

:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

Green Bay - Mike Pereira, the Vice-President of NFL officiating, said Wednesday evening that the official that ruled Green Bay Packers tight end Bubba Franks was out of bounds on a fourth-quarter reception on Sunday against the Washington Redskins was “really wrong.”

With 10:06 left in the game and the Packers clinging to a 17-14 lead, quarterback Brett Favre threw a pass to the right corner of the end zone on 2nd-and-8 intended for Franks. He caught the ball but was only able to get one foot inbounds before Redskins cornerback Fred Smoot pushed Franks out of bounds. The official ruled the pass incomplete because, in his view, Franks would not have gotten two feet down inbounds even if contact was not made.

Pereira said that was a call made in error.

There was the Tacuher holding call, and "this" call that even the NFL deemed wrong.

AND THAT my friend, is why the Deadskins should have lost by more. They had that obvious no holding call, and THIS call, that the NFL went out of their way to say was wrong ( and that doesn't happen very often).

I don't like to play that "shoulda, woulda, coulda" game, but when the NFL says they were wrong...

So could I call Mike Pereria and ask for my money back? The Packers had 2 TDs called back!

Haha, wow, I'm done with this argument ... but just to clarify, I was responding to you comparing my questioning whether or not you watched the game to you accusing me of not believing my own argument. That's all. I'm not bored. While I'm the one asking about plays I missed, you are the one who won't or can't explain the play you are talking about.

Not only was I right, and you were wrong, but the NFL came out and officially said their officials were wrong, and that old papa C-Gold was right.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME?

The NFL never does that shit... but they did.:36_11_6:

Back