BYU Stud QB Taysom Hill out for season

JPCougs

For those following him, this likely ends his career. 3rd season ending injury. Broke his foot running in for a TD. Got a shot and tape and played a bit more but then had to leave the game. In an ironic turn of events, his backup Tanner Mangum (who 3 months ago was in Chile on a Mormon mission) comes in, has some decent throws, then is money on a 45 yard hail mary to beat Nebraska. Shouldnt have been this close but the Huskers adjusted at halftime and BYU failed to do so. Hill likely doesnt make that throw at the end, his arm was nowhere near what Mangum's is.

Mangum is a freshman, was in the Elite 11 camp with Jameis Winston and was Co-MVP. BYU fans were looking forward to 3 years of him, now we likely get 4, unless he tears it up and leaves early. Here's the final play today. Mangum is not as much of a run threat as Hill, but he has a rocket arm. We're in good hands, however need to get a running game going, as losing our senior Jamaal Williams was a big blow to the backfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_bEPylRzJcc&app=desktop

That is terrible...

Been fearful of that game for UM all summer...and was hoping brutal schedule for BYU before would help this..obv feel for the man...

This really sucks...was looking forward to watching him. They would have won going away yesterday had he not gotten hurt.

This really sucks...was looking forward to watching him. They would have won going away yesterday had he not gotten hurt.
he was impressive before he got hurt on the TD run. I think this backup Magnum or however it's spelled won't be too much of a drop off at all. he was impressive in his brief stint. I'd be more worried about the nose tackle that got hurt and sounds like they lost a LB and Safety as well. I'm surprised they were able to stop Neb in the 4th at the end but somehow managed and that set up the miracle. I thought they would give UCLA a good game in 2 weeks and hopefully they get these injured D players back. Defense is their weakness.

Back