Byron Nelson Picks

alangrrbs

Pretty much a regular
Jimmy Walker ov Hideki Matsuyama

Jimmy Walker has finished 2nd and 4th in his last 2 events minus the Zurich. It looks like he may finally be over his lyme disease. No missed cuts since mid-February, and he’s consistency finished better and better. 28th at the Valspar, 20th at the Masters, 4th at the Valero, 2nd at the Players. When he’s on, Jimmy Walker is a really good golfer, and it looks like he’s back to form. Since his wrist injury at the Waste Management, matsuyama has one top 20 finish and that was 19th at the Masters. His last 2 tournaments, he hasn’t made it to Sunday with a missed cut at the players, and an MDF at the Wells Fargo. Not sure if his wrist is still bothering him, but he has lost his form, and he’s fade material right now.

Matt Kuchar ov Sergio Garcia

I don’t care that I lost a bet to Sergio last week, the fact is he was terrible. Since having his baby he has 3 missed cuts and a 70th. I’m still fading Sergio, and this week I get to do it with Matt Kuchar. Kuchar hasn’t missed the cut since 1984 it feels like, and has played solid and consistent. 17th last week, and if go back to British Open, a links style course, Kuchar finished 2nd so he’s comfortable on this style of course. It’s not a great comparison from a British Open course to a landfill course in Texas, but it just shows that Kuchar isn’t going to be intimidated.

Rory Sabbatini ov Joaquin Nieman

This week I’m happy to support Rory!!! Sabbatini that is. Sabbatini hasn’t missed a cut in 2018. That’s 11 in a row!!! That includes a 5th, 17th, and 20th in that time. In fact, 6 of those tournaments were top 30 finishes, so he’s been shockingly good. Nieman has played in 3 PGA tournaments this year. He missed the cut in 2 of them including the Wells Fargo, where Sabbatini finished 5 shots ahead of Riemann.

Joel Damen ov JJ Spaun

JJ Spaun has made one cut in the last 7 tournaments. Joel Dahmen has made the cut in 6 straight. That is all.

Aaron Baddeley ov Daniel Summerhays

Summerhays has played in 8 PGa tournaments this year. Best finish 55th, and he has 4 missed cuts. He had an 8th place finish last week though…at the vaunted Knoxville Open on the Web.com tour. He finished just ahead of Ben Kohles…and (DROP) Henrik Norlander. He just barely couldn’t beat out Wex Roach, and Matt Harmon. Aaron Badly has one missed cut since late January. In Baddeley’s last 7 tournaments, he’s finished the same or better than Summerhay’s best finish this year 6 times.

GOOD to see you AGAIN this week, Andy. also sacker now posting on CTG too :)

Jimmy Walker ov Hideki Matsuyama I jumped all over Walker -115 when it opened @ South Point for the reasons you and sacker stated. check later today and it is NOW Walker +115 ??? can NOT figure THAT out BUT went ahead and PRESSED. the only play for me so far although looking at Satoshi Kodaira even over Bill Haas. would be more a bet AGAINST Haas who is CUT, CUT, MDF T-7th RBC (which Kodaira WON) and MDF his last five tourneys

Rory Sabbatini ov Joaquin Nieman and Aaron Baddeley ov Daniel Summerhays both available @ South Point BUT kind of "pricey" with Sabbatini -125 and Baddeley -130

GOOD LUCK this WEEK!!! :shake:

I'm scared to death when everyone is all over one side. Seems like every single golf bettor I know is on Walker ov Matsuyama.

I'm scared to death when everyone is all over one side. Seems like every single golf bettor I know is on Walker ov Matsuyama.

As bettors, this is like the singular feel...

So, lets all go win THAT bet. No forum 'jinx' here unless @eggman gets involved ;).

Good write-ups.

The 'full circle' of Sergio has come...

I took him for the Masters last year because he finally seemed content and happy in life (overall) and was ready to win one. Well, I said once he gets married he's toast for a bit and sure enough he has been up and down and mostly down since Baby Garica arrived. It is understandable, and that is fine if we can profit on it.

Good luck this week.

B.A.R. are you part owner of this website? Just trying to figure out who's who around here...:shake:

And great profile pic. We went over that exact scenario on our podcast of Rickie using the course official to anchor the binoculars. Lol. Are you kidding me? lol. Then the crowd tries to shake the tree that has a 3 foot trunk to get the ball to fall out. Tree didn't budge. Pays to be a crowd favorite. Wonder if Steven Bowditch would've gotten the same treatment...

Hey Andy.
Thanks for letting me know last week where you guys were now posting.

I too have Walker over Matsuyama as my only tournament play this week. This is never good. But even with everyone touting it, the money is going the other way. Now, I haven't tracked money's success but it seems to do okay.

So in summation, Matsuyama will either miss the cut, or win the tournament.

And great profile pic. We went over that exact scenario on our podcast of Rickie using the course official to anchor the binoculars. Lol. Are you kidding me? lol. Then the crowd tries to shake the tree that has a 3 foot trunk to get the ball to fall out. Tree didn't budge. Pays to be a crowd favorite. Wonder if Steven Bowditch would've gotten the same treatment...
Thanks. I saw it happening obviously and had to search for a picture right away. It made me feel on the same level as Rickie because I have lost many balls in weird places.

Hey Andy.
Thanks for letting me know last week where you guys were now posting.

I too have Walker over Matsuyama as my only tournament play this week. This is never good. But even with everyone touting it, the money is going the other way. Now, I haven't tracked money's success but it seems to do okay.

So in summation, Matsuyama will either miss the cut, or win the tournament.

Welcome to the forum Rockfish, thanks for posting and joining.

GOOD to see you over here now, rockfish. definitely a superior site to "that other place". more and more people moving. Andy, sacker, geauxgolfer all here now :shake:

I am gonna "tack on" Brandon Grace +115 over Hideki Matsuyama (44/94.60) as much a bet against "Samurai Golfer" as on "Dis-Grace". like rockfish posted "Matsuyama will either miss the cut, or win the tournament". I think the former with his recent performance :popcorn:

Jimmy Walker ov Hideki Matsuyama

I dig it. I've already got Jimmy Walker +15000 to win the U.S. Open. And I will go broke before I stop betting him to win. The guy is on a heater!

Hideki at the Masters: 19th
Jimmy at the Masters: 20th

Hideki at Wells Fargo: T76
Jimmy at Valero: 4th

Hideki at The Players: CUT
Jimmy at The Players: T2

Although, Hideki did have a T2 finish last year at Erin Hills, while Jimmy went 77, 73 CUT. I still think Jimmy over Hideki is the correct play this week.

Thanks for the welcome, fellas.

That other golf forum died after you left LeRink.

Also unbelievable that they let some idiots chase off LeagueCapper from the NBA forum. Dude was money for years in NBA and NFL.

GL this week everybody.
This being Spieth's home course has really put a damper on my quest to find the winner.

Best of luck guys... Like alangrrbs I am concerned everyone is on the same play. I am as well...

WELCOME RBTrojan. I think you will find this a superior site to "that other place". MORE and MORE people "migrating" :shake:

GOOD start on "fade Matsuyama" bets after the first round [+1] & T-119th vs Grace [-5] and Walker [-5] thru #12. hopefully "Samurai Golfer" is a CUT Friday :)

Good start indeed. Leish tearing it up out there

WOW I GUESS!!! Leishman 1st round 2 eagle 6 birdie [-10] for a 3 shot lead over Jimmy Walker and JJ Spaun. EIGHT more players back @ [-6]. WILL SEE what happens Friday :pray:

Not worried about the JJ Spaun pick. He sunk some crazy long putts. That won't last. He'll fall back.

Not worried about the JJ Spaun pick. He sunk some crazy long putts. That won't last. He'll fall back.

THANK YOU, Andy. I really did NOT watch today and was thinking about chancing JJ Spaun -105 [-7] over Harris English [-2] 2nd round. think I will stay off of him. really the ONLY thing "the Spaun of the Devil" has done all season was a 2nd @ RSM [-16]. also a CUT or WD 6 of his last 7 tourneys :confused:

DID chance Jimmy Walker +125 (40/90) [-7] over Jordan Spieth [-2] I know Spieth can shoot "wicked low" BUT I just think Jimmy is rolling right now with his 1st round and the way he finished last week @ The Players :shake:

Spaun sunk a 95 ft birdie and several other long birdies. A great round on the scorecard, but I don't see that continuing over the next 3 rounds.

god damn Spieth. EVERY time I bet AGAINST that guy, he shoots the lights out. Jimmy Walker shoots well Friday with a [-4] to get to tourney [-11] "in range" of the leader Leishman @ [-15] BUT Spieth with a freeking [-5] for tourney [-7]. I just need to STAY AWAY from round by round betting. it's my "kryptonite" :mad:

WELCOME RBTrojan. I think you will find this a superior site to "that other place". MORE and MORE people "migrating" :shake:

GOOD start on "fade Matsuyama" bets after the first round [+1] & T-119th vs Grace [-5] and Walker [-5] thru #12. hopefully "Samurai Golfer" is a CUT Friday :)

that god damn Jap with 8 birdies NO bogies, including his last 3 and 4 of last 5 holes, [-8] for tourney [-7]. NOW I gotta SWEAT the weekend with Grace just one up and Walker three. SHIT!!! :mad:

Don't panic LeRink. The....uh.....god damn Jap as you call him...lol..... sunk so many long crazy putts today. Probably not going to happen again tomorrow.

Ya well people get on my butt for calling Japanese "JAPS" BUT my parents NEVER forgot WWII and my father was a US Navy pilot in the Pacific and THEY said "JAPS" in describing those people until the DAY they DIED :shake:

I like Japanese people, grandfather was in WWII as well, what's the issue here?

I like Japanese people, grandfather was in WWII as well, what's the issue here?

NO freeking "issue" just PISSED that god damn Matsuyama decides to PLAY GOLF today. SOB has been a consistent FADE all season. btw IF your grandfather was in the Pacific, I am sure HE called them "JAPS" too :mad:

Last edited:
Don't panic LeRink. The....uh.....god damn Jap as you call him...lol..... sunk so many long crazy putts today. Probably not going to happen again tomorrow.

well THAT is what kind of SCARES me, Andy. IF he gets "dialed in" he CAN shoot "wicked low" just like Spieth. in fact I just chanced his adjusted "to win" Hideki Matsuyama 40-1 (5/205) and Jordan Spieth 25-1 (10/260) along with the two "cats & dogs" Eric Axley 50-1 (5/255) [-6] for tourney [-11] and Martin Pillar 60-1 (5/305) [-8] for [-10] also Aaron Wise 6-1 (25/175) [-8] for [-14] one shot back of Leishman off his Wells Fargo T-2nd performance. I SHOULD have "ponied up" on Wise pre-tourney 40-1 odds :shake:

Hideki isn't ranked top 10 in the world for nothing. That is one of the reasons why I split the Walker bets between he and Grace. Buddy of mine played in a tournament a few years ago with Wise and was super impressed. There is another kid coming out of University of Oregon who should be pretty solid as well. Love watching these young kids come into their own in the big leagues... I hope Walker can finish strong this weekend!

NO freeking "issue" just PISSED that god damn Matsuyama decides to PLAY GOLF today. SOB has been a consistent FADE all season. btw IF your grandfather was in the Pacific, I am sure HE called them "JAPS" too :mad:
He didn't, I do know that although not sure I knew that was an offensive term

On the course I think it's Wise's week at this point

He didn't, I do know that although not sure I knew that was an offensive term

On the course I think it's Wise's week at this point

now I REALLY feel stupid NOT playing Aaron Wise pre-tourney 40-1 "to win" this week. I though he might have a good chance after his tied 2nd @ Wells Fargo [-10] with Nick Watney two behind Jason Day. I DID chance his tourney match play [-110] vs Martin Laird and with Laird a CUT that is already a winner

at least Matsuyama and Spieth "flat" Saturday in the wind with both [even] to stay at tourney [-7] in the clubhouse BUT STILL dangerous with the final round to GO :fingerscrossed:

OK, ANDY!!! as BAD as my Players Championship was LAST week going 2 for 7, THIS week was that GOOD!!! HIT both Jimmy Walker +115 and Branden Grace +115 over Hideki Matsuyama and also Peter Uihlein +130 over Brandt Snedeker and Aaron Wise -110 over Martin Laird both "no sweat" CUT wins. THEN the "icing on the cake" the Aaron Wise 6-1 "to win" hit to get ALL my "to win" bets this week money back with a small profit

HUGE WIN for the 21 year old Wise who now gets a two year PGA and next years Masters exemptions. should move up big time from last weeks OWGR #99 and gets a load of FedEx points. COULD he back it up @ Colonial next week ??? :cheers3:

The track record of first time winners doing good the next tournament are not great.

Wise is listed @ 30-1 @ Colonial this week, Andy. really looks like NO "value" to me for the reason you stated and considering the field. BIG move in his OWGR to #66 after last week gets him "in range" of a US open qualification :shake:

Back