Byron Nelson 3rd round match up

RBTrojan

Pretty much a regular
3rd round match up Byron Nelson Championship:

Maverick McNealy +105 vs Michael Thompson: I like this match up for a few reasons. McNealy is a 22 year old who is just starting his professional career. Thompson is 33 and has been grinding on the tour for 11 years now. He hasn't won in over five years. One player is a hopeful up and comer while the other seems to have taken on the role of being a journeyman. I believe the players who got to tee it up in the morning on Friday had an advantage over the guys who teed it up late. The winds were much more benign in the am Friday which allowed better scoring opportunities in my opinion. Thompson had this scenario play out for him. He played early Friday and carded a 65 while hitting 100% of the fairways and 16/18 greens.McNealy on the other hand was in the second to last groupings on Friday, with close to double the wind as the am players, yet was able to card a 67. In equal wind conditions Thursday Maverick shot 68 while Thompson shot 71. A case can be made that Maverick has had worse playing conditions than Thompson yet he is beating him in the tournament -8 to -7, yet they make him a dog on Saturday when they are in the same grouping. I will take the possible up and comer versus the guy who is getting long in the tooth in this game. Give me the plus money in this spot.

Great write up...convinced me into a play as well.

Welcome to the site, RBTrojan. :shake:

Thanks Rat for bringing it up. Never knew this place existed. I am all about exchanging and sharing ideas/info. Finish strong Jimmy Walker! I thought Maverick would shoot a little lower today but Thompson came through...

Finish strong Jimmy Walker!

WHAT a BONE HEAD!!! Jimmy with a double on #18 to screw up a good round [-1] for tourney [-12]. NOW I have to "sweat" his damn final round vs Matsuyama [-7]. five shot lead BUT "HEY!!! Ya NEVER KNOW" with "Pampered Poodles" :mad:

Back