ByrdBall Sunday

byrd430

Pretty much a regular
After a shaky start to the season, I hit on Denver +3 and the ML +150 this Thursday while dropping that total. 2-1 for 1.4u pickup.

Rough sledding this week. I feel like the smart thing is to hit Cleveland, but I don't think I could ever bet on Manziel. Minnesota has some good trends in their favor, but the Vikings just did not look good at all in week one. I feel like every year there's that darkhorse team that fails to live up to expectations and I feel like Minnesota will play that role this year. Chicago is another team I'm considering hitting. Arizona certainly has the better defense and has enough on offense to score on Chicago, but they're a different team outside of the desert. All signs point toward the Cards, but I just have that feeling Chicago will win this one outright. May play a small ML. Not sure yet.

The reigning Super Bowl champions at a pick versus a team who hasn't been to the playoffs in 15ish years?
I LOVE the Giants this week. They really weren't supposed to win against Dallas since my Boys kept shooting themselves in the foot, then they were supposed to win and ended up losing anyway. I remember Atlanta winning against New Orleans Wk 1 ly at the dome and then being really bad the rest of the year. Completely overrated the birds then - won't do it 2 yrs in a row.
Niners shocked the hell out of me, but I'll ride them.
Skins struggled with Phins D-line. I expect more of the same vs the Rams.
My mind tells me the Saints shouldn't be laying 10 points to anyone. Then again, my mind tells me Winston is a major bust.
After last week, I'll fade the Colts until they get it together.
San Diego had to come back on Detroit last week. I don't think they can do it against Cincy defense.
PAINS THE HELL OUTTA ME to bet Philly against my Boys. I hope I lose this one.

New England Patriots PK
New York Giants -3 (rare 2 unit play)
San Francisco 49ers +6.5
St. Louis Rams -3
Philadelphia Eagles -4.5
New Orleans Saints -9.5
New York Jets +7
Cincinnati Bengals -3

Feel like this Cards-Bears matchup is going to produce points. Cards put up 31 on NO, whose defense I imagine will end up being close to the Bears, and with Forte, Cutler, and Jeffery, Chicago should put up enough to push this one over.
Dolphins have a top defense that should stifle the Jags, which means its up to Miami to push this one over. Barring any defensive scores, I don't think they can.
Same situation in Washington. St. Louis d-line should dominate Washington up front. Rams did put up points against Seattle, but I think they come back down to earth in this one. Worried about turnovers though.
I expect to see Julio Jones and Odell Beckham shine in this one. Giants hurry up looks should work more smoothly in this game than last week in Dallas. They held Dez in check early last week but I don't see a repeat with Julio. If Dez doesn't break his foot, I think he would've broke out eventually.

Cardinals-Bears o45
Dolphins-Jaguars u41.5
Rams-Redskins u41.5
Falcons-Giants o50.5

Back