Bynum injured again

dunedan

Pretty much a regular
As Kobe was finishing a move to the hoop, he lands and falls against Bynum's right knee, causing Andrew to crumple to the floor. Bynum had to be helped off the floor and into the locker room without putting any weight on his leg. No word as to the severity of the injury as yet.

Prelim report: sprained right knee and undergoing X-rays tonight and an MRI tomorrow. Won't return to tonight's game.

Last edited:
Doesn't it always seem like that happens when the entire country's on a team's jock?

I hope he's OK. I hate the Lakers, but I never root for injury.

The eerie part of it is, he injured his left (other) knee back in Jan 2008 at Staples also playing the Grizz.

They weren't winning the title anyway, but if this is serious it will just cement that fact.

kobe did something bad to this woman ...... wallace got off easy.

bryantaccuser.jpg

the Kid was playing some wicked ball...hope he comes back but this can not be good for his NBA career.

kobe did something bad to this woman ...... wallace got off easy.

bryantaccuser.jpg

Fck that...she was exposed for what she was...she wanted a piece of pure Kobe beef and than panicked when it was painfully bigger than the pale denver schlong she was acustomed to...

Lakers' Bynum to miss 8-12 weeks

Comment Email Print
<cite class="source"> ESPN.com news services
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum will be out eight to 12 weeks with a tear of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee, the team announced Monday.<!--INLINE MUG-->
2748.jpg

Bynum
<!--END INLINE MUG-->An MRI revealed the extent of the injury, which resulted from a collision Saturday with Lakers forward Kobe Bryant early in the first quarter of a 115-98 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.
The MRI was performed in New York on Sunday at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Bynum, who missed the final 46 games of last season with a left knee injury he suffered against Memphis on Jan. 13, 2008, was averaging a career-best 14 points this season with 8.2 rebounds per game.

FUCK!

Just heard, torn MCL out 8-12 weeks, which would be until May 1. My guess he doesn't come back this year.

It's terrible but we're going to need LO to step up...and at least we have Ariza this year.

Think Odom gets back in to the starting lineup, might take a couple of games but I do see his numbers going back up. Heck he's playing for a contract for next year.

Fck that...she was exposed for what she was...she wanted a piece of pure Kobe beef and than panicked when it was painfully bigger than the pale denver schlong she was acustomed to...

funny as long as you assume you are right that this is what happened.

i think i will go with the evidence and say he is likely a rapist .. definitely more likely than not.

either way he is a first class douchebag.

i think i will go with the evidence and say he is likely a rapist .. definitely more likely than not.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, just like Tyson. The guy's famous. She thinks it'll be fun. It turns out not to be very much fun at all because he's famous, he basically took what he wanted, then threw you out. Was it rape, maybe, or was he just a d*ck who treated her like a whore because that's how she came off to him or because that's how he looked at women/groupies at the time?

The only people who will really ever know were in that room and I think it's safe to say one of them probably doesn't even think about it any more.

funny as long as you assume you are right that this is what happened.

either way he is a first class douchebag.

Uh, the evidence wasn't even enough to go forward to trial. I assume neither of us have met him personally (autographs don't count!) So I say he gets the same benefit of the doubt that you or I would want if accused of a serious crime. And Tyson (who served time after being convicted) isn't a fair comparison either. By all accounts, Kobe is a model citizen and not part of the "thug" problem in the association...

still gonna get the 1 seed and roll to the conference finals. if he is back by the end of the regular season (bout 10 weeks away) he'll hopefully be rounding into peak form just in time to bitchslap the cavs or c's

Oh, man, I finally saw the replay of this with sound. As soon as he goes down you can hear him yelling out in pain on the ground. Were I Kobe that would haunt me for a long time.

Obviously it's not really his fault or anything, simply bad luck, but to be laying there on the floor right next to the guy as he's wailing out in agony . . . (shudder).

Lakers won't be #1 seed in the West now, and home court in the West will win out.

they were the 1 seed last year in a tougher western conference and without bynum or ariza

and this year they're working with a 5 game cushion

On Monday, Bynum walked into the Garden using a black crutch, seemingly as more of a prop than a support. He is scheduled to return to Los Angeles on Tuesday and begin rehabilitation in about a week.

He smiled and said he was confident he would return before the end of the season.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

On Monday, Bynum walked into the Garden using a black crutch, seemingly as more of a prop than a support. He is scheduled to return to Los Angeles on Tuesday and begin rehabilitation in about a week.

He smiled and said he was confident he would return before the end of the season.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

His injury last year was a lot more serious then this one. He won't need surgery all depends on how fast he heals. I'm betting he comes back earlier then what they are saying.

His injury last year was a lot more serious then this one. He won't need surgery all depends on how fast he heals. I'm betting he comes back earlier then what they are saying.

I believe he will come back earlier than expected also, look what happened to Jordan Farmer...

Bynum's injury last year was much worse; he basically had a dislocated kneecap that required microfracture surgery. Football players that get this are out at least a year.

A tear in the MCL is no laughing matter either; however, at 21 or 22 yrs old, this is an injury that he should recover from rather fast as long as he works hard.

Bigger concern is shaking off the rust in time to be a difference in the playoffs.

Back