Burress suffers accidental shot wound

chong297

Pretty much a regular
New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.
2139.jpg
Burress

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening. Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday with a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.
The Giants organization was not commenting on the story. In September, Burress was suspended for a game and fined for a violation of team rules, reportedly failing to appear at a team meeting and being unavailable by phone. At the time, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said that Burress was tending to urgent family matters. Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season. John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

this is clearly untrue...mods please delete this...and ban this idiot

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Plaxico Burress has shot himself in the leg, accidentally. He's out indefinitely.

ESPN's John Clayton is reporting the incident took place in a club. Plax was reportedly carrying a loaded gun that went off unexpectedly late Friday night or Saturday morning. He spent the night in the hospital, but the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. It's well past time to pick up Domenik Hixon, but grab him if he's still available. Nov. 29 - 11:09 am et
Source: Fox Sports

lol I love rotoworld throwing that in at the end

Fox Sports.com reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Yeah, that qualifies you as a moron. Especially when it's in the same paragraph as:

Burress signed a five-year, $35 million contract this fall after helping the Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season.

By the way, assuming and hoping that the guy is eventually fine, this could really help the Eagles next week. They've never had an answer for Plex.

Saw a nice comment:

"I don't have a problem with guns. I don't even have a problem with idiots. But put the two together...

There are too many idiots with guns, and that's why we need tougher gun laws."

this is of course not real...can a mod please delete this...very stupid...

i live in ny, i have watched two hours of news today while at work...i read the sports section...i checked every online source that would be reporting such an incident including the giants official website...

he's dealing with a nagging hamstring however there is no gun wound...lol

PLEASE delete this moronic thread

i live in ny, i have watched two hours of news today while at work...i read the sports section...i checked every online source that would be reporting such an incident including the giants official website...

ny post front page

i wonder what the injury report will read for this one?

i remember a few years ago when Joey Porter got shot in the ass, the ticker scrolled across the bottom said, "Joey Porter-Out(Gun Shot).

sucks he got shot but that was funny as hell

ok I apologize...

I'm @ work, and checked everything I had time to check when the guy posted this...

i googled the keywords and got no results...I went and checked all the various sources i have for injury reports and they all said hamstring...

i checked the giants web page as well as the newspapers (newsday and NY times) websites and searched for results pertaining to burress....came up with nothing...

I'm sure you've all seen those posts online about a major player or music figure like Jay-z getting stabbed/shot/ or somthing like this thrown out there just to stir up some shit...i assumed this was somthing like that...

i'm in shock, this is why redbearde needs to come over the the side of reason pertaining to firearm legislation...

i don't know what to say but wow

ok I apologize...

I'm @ work, and checked everything I had time to check when the guy posted this...

i googled the keywords and got no results...I went and checked all the various sources i have for injury reports and they all said hamstring...

i checked the giants web page as well as the newspapers (newsday and NY times) websites and searched for results pertaining to burress....came up with nothing...

I'm sure you've all seen those posts online about a major player or music figure like Jay-z getting stabbed/shot/ or somthing like this thrown out there just to stir up some shit...i assumed this was somthing like that...

i'm in shock, this is why redbearde needs to come over the the side of reason pertaining to firearm legislation...

i don't know what to say but wow

Oh man. And the whole time I just thought you were being a smartass as if nobody is stupid enough to shoot themselves in the league.
:36_11_6:

Newsday and NY Times
an_speechless.gif

That is like trusting the Washington Post or LA Times
an_roll_laugh.gif

an_speak.gif
Put your faith in Rupert Murdoch.

All of his news organizations report accurately AND are FAIR and BALANCED
win.gif

i wonder what the injury report will read for this one?

i remember a few years ago when Joey Porter got shot in the ass, the ticker scrolled across the bottom said, "Joey Porter-Out(Gun Shot).

sucks he got shot but that was funny as hell

ticker:________ Plaxico Burress-Out(Russian Roulette)_________________

Just how do you accidentally shoot yourself at a nightclub? Would it still be an accident if Plaxicoo aimed the gun at someone else? Or even killed them? Why did he even have a gun in the nightclub???

This was on a Friday night after this asshole is ruled out to play this week and the shithead is out clubbing with the crew. Shouldnt he be at home rehabbing that bad hammy?

I thought Adam Jones was the only idiot in this league, if he gets 6 games for fighting with his bodyguard I cant wait to see what the Dictator Godell is gonna do to him. He's got a lot of questions to answer

I guess it was the gun's fault right? And why isn't he arrested? Aren't guns illegal in bars? Even if you carry a permit? This guy is clearly a moron.

REPORT: BURRESS HAD NO CARRY PERMIT
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:56 p.m.

We explained earlier tonight that, if Giants receiver Plaxico Burress didn’t have a valid license to carry a concealed weapon in New York City, he is facing a mandatory jail term of 3.5 years in prison.

Per the New York Post, Burress does not have a valid New York permit. His Florida permit expired in May 2008.

Though the Post characterizes Plaxico’s maximum criminal liability as one year in jail, mayor Michael Bloomberg made it clear in 2007 that illegal possession of a firearm in New York City results in a much stiffer penalty.

“Last year, our Administration succeeded in pushing through a law that gives New York the toughest penalty in the country for carrying an illegal loaded handgun,” Bloomberg said in July 2007. “Now, if you are convicted, you will serve a minimum of 3-1/2 years behind bars — no exceptions.”

If the phrase “no exceptions” includes “pro football players who scored the winning touchdown in a Super Bowl for the New York Giants,” then Burress has a problem much bigger than the hole in his leg.

PLAXICO’S GUN FIRED WHILE HE WAS UNLOADING IT

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:46 p.m.

More details are emerging regarding the accidental self-shooting of Giants receiver Plaxico Burress.

Per the New York Post, Burress was confronted by security guards at a Manhattan night club, and Burress admitted that he had a loaded gun in his possession.

He went to a secure area with one of the guards, and Burress began to unload the gun while drinking wine. Burress then began to bobble the weapon, and that’s when it fired a bullet through his thigh.

Burress stopped security personnel from calling an ambulance. A friend took him to a local hospital.

Meanwhile, Taco Bill has uncovered a surveillance photo of Burress and his companions moments before the incident.

on another note, what if this dumbass accidentaly shot an innocent bystander? just when i thought plex couldn't get any dumber, this shit comes out. what a fucken moron.

If he goes to jail on this for any longer than six months he might actually be dumber than Michael Vick.

Maybe not dumber than Marcus Vick, but Michael? You bet 'cha (wink).

pixel.gif
NFL_Burress_small.jpg

Plaxico Burress is expected to be charged with criminal possession of a weapon after shooting himself in the thigh Friday night. The felony charge results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence.

"He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him," a police source told the NY Daily News. Details continue to emerge, such as Antonio Pierce berating Plaxico for bringing the gun to a club. Pierce also stashed the gun for Burress and didn't call 911 at Plaxico's request, so he could face charges as well. Cops only learned about the incident after the Giants quietly reached out to them to report it. Nov. 30 - 8:05 am et
Source: New York Daily News

I know that here in Florida, even if you DO have a permit, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon into a drinking establishment. He IS a dumb ass.

I picked up Hixon this week for a start and it looks to be a good long term decision. What a meat head and his days in a NY uniform are done. He is going to go to jail for 3.5 years. He will get bought out of his contract and the Gints will lose the cap hit from his signing bonus. They got rid of Shockey and haven't lost a beat. They will get through this as well. The only bitter thing I have is they had the likes of Housh and Boldin on the market this coming season and could have gotten one of them instead of this moron. Million dollar talent with a one dollar brain:whip:

with your superior resources im gonna tail you on every NFL game this weekend:hang:

looks like Burress just hired the same lawyer P Diddy had when he was aquitted (sp) on the same kind of gun charges in a NY club.

and why did he have a gun at a club? did he have enemies? or did he just wanna be a bad ass? I say he was packing just in case something happened so he could be a tough guy. man this sorry ass will never learn.

looks like Burress just hired the same lawyer P Diddy had when he was aquitted (sp) on the same kind of gun charges in a NY club.

and why did he have a gun at a club? did he have enemies? or did he just wanna be a bad ass? I say he was packing just in case something happened so he could be a tough guy. man this sorry ass will never learn.

I hope he doesn't get off on this. All I would ask is why was he trying to pull the gun out in the first place?

Back