Burfict...

The hit was flagged, and didn’t rise to the level of an ejection based on the standards they use. If Josh Allen likes being a QB in the NFL, he needs to stop putting himself in situations where those hits can occur. It’s a bang bang play, Jones isn’t trying to injure him nor hit him in the head. It did happen though and he was flagged for it.

“Well, we looked at it and in this situation we didn’t feel that that contact rose to the level of an ejection,’’ senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron told pool reporter Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News. “The player (Jones) actually turns. Obviously, there is helmet contact, but we have standards for an ejection, and this did not rise to that standard; therefore, we did not eject him.’’

Totally disagree. Burfict launched head 1st, not to mention the long history he has a being a asshole. Pats got flagged and rightfully so, no need for anything more on that one.

Yep. Allen also went down which made it impossible for Jones to not hit him in the head. It wasn’t his intent initially, or he may have flown over top of Allen since his Allen’s head was initially much higher.

Yep. Allen also went down which made it impossible for Jones to not hit him in the head. It wasn’t his intent initially, or he may have flown over top of Allen since his Allen’s head was initially much higher.

Yea I agree, don’t think the head to head was intentional there as clearly is was with nfl’s resident thug.

I was talking about referee consistency, not about the rules. Yea I don't think the tackler should be considered culpable when the quarterback or ball-carrier lowers his head or otherwise goes into the contact. But the refs don't care to scrutinize and call that anyways.

Is the Burfict incident really that different in terms of the contact being avoidable. Burfict is flying from above to a target below him that's making himself small. Note that Doyle pretty drastically shifts position by the time Burfict begins to go for the tackle. Burfict would've had to make an unrealistic adjustment to avoid the head

I was talking about referee consistency, not about the rules. Yea I don't think the tackler should be considered culpable when the quarterback or ball-carrier lowers his head or otherwise goes into the contact. But the refs don't care to scrutinize and call that anyways.

Is the Burfict incident really that different in terms of the contact being avoidable. Burfict is flying from above to a target below him that's making himself small. Note that Doyle pretty drastically shifts position by the time Burfict begins to go for the tackle. Burfict would've had to make an unrealistic adjustment to avoid the head

You may be right about the Burfict play but his reputation precedes him and he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

Everyone wants consitency with the officials, but that’s a pipe dream. The same crew isn’t even necessarily consistent from week to week, so finding it league wide is laughable. I’ve beat the drum for a decade on NFL officiating...but it’s exactly how the NFL wants it and that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon.

Back