Bunt lunacy

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
T

tipyerbartender1

First inning, first two on, no one out, Kipnis up, Brantley on deck. Guy's hitting a hard .365 over the last 44 games, AL player of the month for June. Tito has him squaring up for a bunt. Someone explain this to me.

First inning, first two on, no one out, Kipnis up, Brantley on deck. Guy's hitting a hard .365 over the last 44 games, AL player of the month for June. Tito has him squaring up for a bunt. Someone explain this to me.

I could only imagine that Tito doesn't expect to score too many off of Shields so wants to get 2 guys into scoring position and put up some runs in the 1st inning. I definitely don't agree with it, and it's not the right thing to do, just explaining what his thought process may have been.

Idiotic move in the American League. In any league. Any level. He got his first two guys on, what, did he feel lucky? Indians always beat Shields. His strategy got a couple quick strikes and a pitcher's count on Kipnis, sort of diffused a potential big inning.

dusty-baker-cincinnati-reds.jpg

Makes no sense. Can't wait for a statistician to become an MLB manager and revamp the way the game is managed

3-hole guys I wouldn't, but I like managing for 1 as opposed to seeing a K then DP end it

Back