Troy -7 1/2 L
Oregon -14 W
Washington -33 L
Southern Miss -6 W
San Diego St +8 1/2 W

Good Luck to all but the faders

Last edited:
Good to see the bullsheet.

Do you see Umass covering from scoring or from Temple not scoring .. or how do you see it playing out in general?

Thanks guys.
I have bet on all three U Mass games and stand 2-1. I was lucky with the Hawaii win, misjudged the Coastal loss, and I don't know the answer to the Old Dominion loss. Was the ODU offense that bad or the U Mass defense that good. Anyway, I felt fortunate that I got the late cover in that game.
I think U Mass has shown enough on D so that I don't think Temple scores a lot. I haven't seen them play but they didn't do well against N D ( B C,s opponent this week btw) and they did beat a good Villanova team last week. But I think U Mass likely beats Villanova and fares about the same as Temple in tomorrow's game with ND ) So I will take the the 14 and half points . Final point. Temple has new coach. Loss the old one. That's a little plus for the redmen in my book.

When you bet on a bad team playing against a bad team, you can win or lose in any number of ways. U Mass was 0-3 in field goals- two of them very makable. Then when Temple finally got the cover late 4th, they get called for two pass interference calls in the deep red zone. U Mass scores last minute td to get the cover. I'll take it.

Nice hit on Umass. It was clearly the right side. They were probably the better team in a lot of ways. I had the over which lost by a point and a half. neither team could make a kick it seemed. Might have played into the stopped on downs at the 28 too ... umass couldn't even attempt a fg there. Anyway grats. Good bet

I only have one extra game showing this morning. WVU -63 against Delaware St. What, if anything, would you do.
What a pisser of a game, mr books. Well I never go this high, but if I were to bet this I would take the points.
Delaware State played Delaware 20points better than a year ago in opener. Then Delaware held V P I fairly close in game 2, so I would guess both Delaware teams are better than they were a year ago. I do not know what State did in week 2 but a year ago they lost to Hampton by 10. Worth checking last week's score if you can.
Good Luck. I'll make sure to watch for the score in this one. Final comment - games like this, Mr Hollgorson can probably name the final score. WVU plays at Kansas next so look ahead is no factor.

s .. k I looked at this game and passed.

Cool thanks. I don't know bullsheet about NCA&T, but small line nearly suckered me in. Bet Char vs EMich and was severely underwhelmed. I should stick to things I have better guesses on! Have a good one!!

Adding to post #1

Kansas +7 1/2
Notre Dame -12
Okie Lite -10 1/2
Tennessee +4
Bowling Green +21 1/2
Idaho +20 1/2
Troy -7 1/2
Oregon -14
Washington -33
Southern Miss -6
San Diego St +8 1/2

I did not mention this in my own thread. Took your advice and researched last week's results. Pushed me over. Thanks for the advice Bull. Wishing you a successful weekend.

glad to help, askias, you tailed the right one.

12-11 for the day 4 of my 5 losers in fcs were losers who failed to cover what were mostly moderate spreads.
That's unusual in that most of my losing bets are underdogs, or favorites that lose outright. But Princeton, Brown, Columbia, and Georgia all failed to cover.

Luck didn't play a big role for me this week. Lost Tennessee on the final play but that could have been a loser in what appeared to be certain OT.

One final note - I did not post this one but I meant to play Holy Cross but hit the UNH box and failed to correct it.
I did the same thing in week one with Jacksonville and Mercer. So I'm now 1-1 on boo boos. Hope you all are more careful or less susceptible to this.

Don't know what happened in thevTroy game, vk. I had pretty strong feelings about Troy but over the course of the season , one loses a lot of games one feels strongest about.

I am getting my teeth kicked in on totals. Not sure why just yet but maybe too much emphasis on plays per game and not enough emphasis on the matchups

Back