a little better last week at 7-2, with no lucky or unlucky wins or losses

FCS plays 5-1
Crossovers 1-0
FBS plays 1-1

Season to date 22-13

FCS plays 9-8
Crossovers 10-2
FBS plays 3-3

All games played Week 4 : 15-16 ( I think a lot of us struggled)

Season to date 70-61-2

Week 5 - 6 early plays:

Yale +3 1/2 v Cornell - The Big Red benefited from a +6 in turnovers last week. The Eli will be less generous hosts this week, after totally dominating an admittedly disappointing Colgate squad in Ivy week one. Although I'm not big on revenge factor, the Blue will not forget last year's 6-45 beating behind the Woodshed in Ithaca.

Princeton -14 @ Georgetown - Last year the Hoyas won this one by one point, a game I watched on TV. Their 1-2 this year record in weeks is 1 and 2 against much weaker. Last week they fell 6-45 to Brown, a team that Princeton whipped by 19 a year ago. Meanwhile, in the opener Princeton fell by one point to Lehigh- a playoff caliber team that always seems to win these close nailbiters. Do I remember that teams improve the most between weeks 1 and 2 ?
Monmouth -7 1/2 @ Columbia ( opened at 6 ; still like it ) - Monmouth has been battle tested through 3 games ( Montana St, Liberty, and Lehigh - all of them playoff caliber teams - and last week shut out Holy Cross until last 5 minutes of garbage time. Columbia comes off an opening loss to Fordham 7-52. They will find Monmouth an easier opponent this week, but not by much.

Bryant -4 @ Wagner - OK, two teams with strange names to you. Wagner went to the playoffs last year and acquitted themselves well. But something is wrong this year, including a home game loss to Division II Merrimack. Bryant won 6 of last 7 prior to last week's competitive loss at Maine.

Fordham -12 @ St Francis - Fordham continues to flex its muscle since increasing its scholarship numbers a few years ago. The Saints are better than the pathetic outfit of a few years back, but they can't compete with teams this strong. See week one and Georgia So 17-59.

Robert Morris -5 @ V M I ( opened at 3 1/2; don't like it any higher than 5 1/2) - The Keydets continue to be cannon fodder for most FCS opponents, and the occasional DivisionII opponent like No Greenville earlier this week. Rob Morris no great shakes, but they should get it done here in former the NFLer, Coach Joe Walton - in his final season.

Friday night additions

Appy State -14 v Charleston So - One of these teams is unbeaten at 4-0. You know which one. Well, actually you don't. Appy is 1-2 while Charleston So has played weak opposition and meets up with reality here.

Miami -16 1/2 @ So Florida - Very simply, a good team v bad team bet. No great science behind it, so I hope I'm right.

GL in week 5

Last edited:
On Monmouth and Bobby Mo at the opening numbers

Also on Charlotte, cambpell, Jacksonville, mercer, Hampton and NCAnT

If you are ever on YSU I can probably get that with my local. I know you had them vs Mich St, but I didn't play them.

YSU +3 at S ILL?

2 more pix up on post #1

s ... k that game is right on the number IMO, so I have no position.
FWIW - two (free) rating services I use say SIU by 2 1/2 and dead even. Too tight to call, but if you have strong gut feel, go for it.
Or any sopecific Q's as to past results, stats etc, I'll try to help, just ask.

KK, Mr Hound,sir, Hunt, Tim - it always feels good to receive your encouragement.
Win a bunch tomorrow.

Back