bullsheet- 2013 Week 10 edition

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
6-6 in week nine 4-2 FCS 0-2 FBS

Season to date 51-33

FCS 35-25
Crossovers 10-2
FBS 6-6

Just a few plays tonight as I'm several hours behind schedule in my selection process.

WE had to put down our 16 year old Pug this week. Those of you who have pets know how painful this can be. Cosmo was such a sweet little guy, never growled at anyone. Ever.
He was an integral part of our lives, and we miss him dearly.

Bucknell +6 1/2
@ Colgate - After a horrid 0-4 start, Colgate has come around, winning 3 of last 4. But Bucknell is a different team as well since Brandon Wesley came on to run the offense. A repeat of last week's demolition of Lehigh will get the job done here.

Dartmouth +13 @ Harvard - The Big Green has been a very competitive team while posting a 3-3 mark. Forget the meaningless woodshed job last week against Columbia. Their losses have been by 3 points twice and by 6 in triple OT. On the other side we have Harvard and two of my pet theories. Bet against teams who lost in OT the previous week, especially multiple OTs, and bet against teams who have just lost their first game of the year, destroying an unbeaten season and a potential conference champonship.

Eastern Kentucky +4 1/2 v Tennessee State - More of almost the same here as Tennessee State had its 7 game win streak broken last week folowing an opening day loss to Bethune Cookman, an FCS giant in the southeast. EKU has three losses against powerhouse teams - Louisville for one- and I'll take the home team with a FG cushion here.

Penn +4 1/2 @ Brown - Brown can score but they give up a lot of points as well. Harvard and Princeton torched them, and Penn is right there with those two. Well almost. Cornell scored 5 TD a week ago.The Quaker defense may be the best one Brown has faced and they won't find points as easy to come
as it was against Cornell last week.

Cornell +18 @ Princeton - The Big Red catch Princeton in a sandwich situation between last week's 3OT win at Harvard and next week's definitive match with Penn. The Tigers can score, no doubt, but in this spot I look for Jeff Mathews and his army of receivers to keep the score within the number.

Idaho St +26 v Eastern Wash - At the other end of the country we have another sandwich spot. The High flying Eagles make the short ride to Pocatello between games against the two Montanas. Anticipate less than a full effort here against an ISU squad that has shown improvement, not in the win column but on the scoreboard where their games have been respectable save one, a blowout loss to the Washington Huskies

Northern Iowa -9 @ Illinois St. - Hard to beieve that NIU is out of the playoff picture at this point in the season. Tha's what 4 losses in a row will do. First by one point at #1 No Dakota St, and then 3 OT losses in a row. They either will throw in the towel or take out their frustration with a big win over the Redbirds.

Dayton -7 v Butler - A nice spot for the home team here to virtually clinch the Pioneer Leaguu's first automatic playoff berth. Two weeks ago the Flyers beat their main rival, San Diego, who beat Butler by 28 last week.

Maine -13 v Stony Brook - Welcome to The CAA, Stony Brook. Expect the Black Bears, losers only to Northwestern so far, to be unhospitable hosts and add to what conference veterans Towson, Villanova, and New Hampshire have already done to the Seawolves, i.e. , light up the scoreboard.

Villanova -6 1/2
@ James Madison - Losers by one and two points the last two weeks, the Wildcats get a lesser opponent in a game they desperately need to keep playoff hopes alive.

CHarleston So -9 @ Presbyterian - Finally, let's go with much improved Charleston So. losers this year only to Colorado, against a team that can compete against VMI and somebody called POINT, but not against one of the Big South heavyweights.

Good luck one and all.

Last edited:
Bull - Sorry about Cosmo, that is a really difficult thing to go through and I'm sure you will miss him greatly. I wish you the best on the weekend.

even though your dog passed on to a better place, the memories you shared will be in your heart for life my friend

have the best weekend possible MrBull

Sorry for the loss Bull. Dogs are awesome but damn they're hard to lose

GL this week bud

Tim, roch, mr hound, Dwight - thank you from both Patti and me for the kind words and wishes. Much appreciated

Added games with write ups in Post #1

Penn +4 1/2@ Brown
Cornell +18 @ Princeton
Idaho St +26 v Eastern Wash
Northern Iowa -9 @ Illinois St
Dayton -7 v Butler
Maine -13 v Stony Brook
Villanova -6 @ J Madison
Charleston So @ Presbyterian

That should do it.

Back