bullsheet- 2013 Edition Week 4

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
sorry about the 4-6 last week. The FCS world had some upside down results suggesting that some re-evaluations are in order

fcs plays 1-5
crossover 2-1
fbs play 1-0

Season to date : 15-11
fcs plays 4-7
crossovers 9-2
fbs plays 2-2

Had a pretty good FBS week to make things respectable- 19-18-1 on all bets.
Three week standing now: 55-45-2

On to Week 4

Western Carolina -6 v Mars Hill - This matches the worst team in the Southern Conf vs a Division 2 team. WCU won the last two matchups 42-14 and 52-31. I can see no reason for a big change this year; in fact, after 3 losses- two to FBS teams- the Catamounts look to be a tad stronger this year.

It's Week 4 and the Ivies swing into action this week, 3 games in arrears of most of the teams they are playing. Yet 6 of the 8 are favored - even the two playing on the road.

Cornell -3 V Bucknell - The Big Red has covered this number 4 years in a row against Bucknell. Jeff Matthews, Ivy League's top QB, returns to guide Cornell. ( There, I do know the name of one football player - LOL) Offensively challenged Bucknell will have a hard time keeping up with him.

San Diego +11 1/2 v Harvard - These two opened the Ivy season 2012 in Cambridge, a game the Crimson pulled away late to win by 15. Torreros get the game at home this time and Harvard breaks in a new QB on the road.

Villanova -3 1/2 v Stony Brook - As the line would indicate, this looks like a close game. Villanova lost to BC, a game I'm sure they had reasonable hopes of winning, then fell to Fordham in a game they were favored to win. Well, Fordham upended FBS power Temple last week, so in perspective Villanova's loss doesn't look so bad. Stony Brook makes their debut in the Colonial Conf after losing to Buffalo in 5 overtimes. That's enough to put me on the home team.

Gardner Webb +21 1/2 @ Wofford - Wofford won huge conf game against Georgia So last week and drops down a notch in class. Meanwhile G W steps up in class for 4th week in row. Week 2 they were demolished by Marshall. That game was the sandwich between Furman and Richmond, and they held the latter to 10 yds rushing in 20 carries. A similar effort against what may be an uninterested Wofford rush attack should result in a fast lo scoring game.

Appalachian St -6 1/2 @ Elon - Appy no longer has Jerry Moore on the sidelines. But Pete Lembo has left Elon for Ball State. Call that all even, and the team with the pedigree and record should prevail as usual. Buy the 1/2 if you can.

I have a policy to not bet on bad teams and i'm breaking it here. I'm taking the worst team in FBS against a middle/upper pack in FCS. My pick has been up against much better ( 7-41 v West Virginia last week ) and except for a game 2 whipping at Chattanooga has done well in the stats. Their opponent has played much inferior competition, and really not impressed statistically. Ergo . . .

Georgia State +10 1/2 v Jacksonville St

and in another where I seldom lay the big points or play nationally televised games,

Wisconsin -22 1/2 v Purdue - Points have dropped so maybe there is something I should know but don't. Badgers come off that robbery in Tempe last week and will either be down and discouraged or mad as hornets, while Purdue could have beaten Notre Dame (again) but didn't. I see them down and discouraged, but not mad as hornets. I'm betting on the Hornets.

Tulane +17 @ Syracuse - I may be missing something here, but this seems like a lot of points to me.
And I haven't seen Tulane but I have read where they looked pretty good in last week's win on National TV.
I have seen the Orange twice and they have yet to show me much.

Last edited:
I like this bullsheet, WCU after getting their brakes beat off by FBS schools wants to stick foot in some ass. Good luck

Friday a.m. additions to post #1

Cornell -3
San Diego +11 1/2
Villanova -3 1/2

Love reading the bullsheet even though I don't play FCS games and know very little about the teams.

Is there a good resource online for keeping up with FCS football?

Any opinions on the cross-overs this week?

s . . . k for FCS try sportsnetwork.com has about all the info you need once you get comfortable with navigating.
you can also get Div@ and Div3 which I find valuable when the playoffs come.
I refernce both keepers.com and dunkel.com., not to get picks but to confirm (or deny ) what I have selected.
I'm going to put this in your thread for you.
thanks for the kind words. I've become one of your faithful followers.
GL

silky - i hope you are right on WCU. Looks good to me.
delaud - tru thanks and same good luck to you.
mr hound -- on the FBS side of things, we do lock horns a lot - but plenty of room for both to win.

hunt and ctg - bout time i said thank yoy for this great site and forum
did sparty use new QB against Youngstown. 50+ points shocked me, and I got burned.

roch -- reasonable choice I would agree. doesn't make my bullsheet but I may play it
gl

Friday night additions, written up in Post #1

Gardner Webb +21 1/2 @ Wofford
Appy State -6 1/2 @ Elon ( buy 1/2 if u can )
Georgia St +10 1/2 v Jacksonville St
Wisconsin -22 1/2 v Purdue
Tulane +17 @ Syracuse

s . . . k for FCS try sportsnetwork.com has about all the info you need once you get comfortable with navigating.
you can also get Div@ and Div3 which I find valuable when the playoffs come.
I refernce both keepers.com and dunkel.com., not to get picks but to confirm (or deny ) what I have selected.
I'm going to put this in your thread for you.
thanks for the kind words. I've become one of your faithful followers.

Had not been to any of those sites, thanks for sharing.

I will likely be playing Tulane. You probably saw me post about it in my thread. The game will hinge on how good the new QB Hunt is for Cuse vs a better level of competition and how the Tulane OL performs. An the x-factor is Tulane's kicker whether he plays or not (Groza winner). +17 is worth a shot, outside those couple things there these teams don't appear to be that much different from my perspective.

Best of luck tomorrow!

I have not looked at this stuff in over 2 years, but I logged into my 5Dimes account this morning because I was bored, and Western Carolina immediately stuck out.

Then of course you are on it.

Good luck.

on Tulane also. a nice Wofford 21 point win would be perfect for both of us today. GL lets get money today

I like it.
GL Mr Bull
9/21/2013 6:00 PM College Extra Football
563 Appalachian State* -6 -170 vs Elon
Risking 170 To Win 100

would you believe that Appy State and Gardner Webb were both strong enough plays to make the bullsheet.
And via error of omission, I FORGOT to play both games.:angry2: :puking:

Back