bullsFCsheet

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
Following a disastrous September, I start a new month with a hopeful change in fortune by posting two separate threads.
This for FCS:
Last Week 6-6 Season to Date 20-18

All ATS plays are at -120

YALE +7 v Dartmouth- - - Friday Night . Worth a look but I know there are competing sports events on
BROWN +21 1/2 @ Rhode Island
ELON +37 1/2 @ James Madison
STONY BROOK +10 1/2 @ Towson
SAMFORD -9 1/2 v Western Carolina
CHATTANOOGA +5 1/2 v Wofford - - - 2 parts ATS and 1 part ML
EAST TENNESSEE ST -13 1/2 v Gardner-Webb
DRAKE -2 1/2 v Butler
NORTHERN IOWA +17 1/2 v NO DAKOTA ST
ILLINOIS ST -6 1/2 V Western Illinois
SOUTH DAKOTA +6 1/2 v Missouri St
INDIANA ST +34 @ So Dakota St
IDAHO +19 @ Idaho St
SACRAMENTO ST -3 1/2 v Cal Poly

There will be a separate thread on my FBS plays
Comments to follow in Post #2

Yale is defending champion with most key players returning. Their only 2017 loss AT Dartmouth by 1 point.
Yale loses opener to Holy Cross by 3. Ivy League starts 2 weeks after other schools.
Dartmouth beats Holy Cross comfortably. Both these games were in Worcester, home of Holy Cross.
I take the defending champs at home in a game that could go either way.

BROWN is IVY doormat, lost first two ( one by 2TDs to Harvard) came to life offensively in game 3 last week.
U R I is MUCH IMPROVED - usually the conf doormat and beat Harvard last week. Has big conf game coming up.
Brown has consistent record beating the number in this game. Without checking a map, I would guess two schools are twenty miles apart.
I'll start with 3+ scores in this traditional rivalry

ELON appears to be the second best team in Colonial conf. Of course, JMU are clearly the best, maybe better than NDSU. They have demolished ELON in the few years they have played one another. FYI, JMU had one loss by 10 to N C State; Elon one loss by 20 to So Fla. Being attracted to dogs, I'll start this game with those points

STONY BROOK Unbeaten since opening game shutout at Air Force. Towson one loss by similar margin to Wake. Stony won this game last two and three of last four.
Winner looks to be no worse than #3 in conf playoff bound. Anyone's game. I'll start with two score lead.

SAMFORD won cupcake opener and now lost 4 straight. They were pre-season fav in Southern Conf and schedule now gets easier.
WCU came down to earth last week after three opening wins against lesser.

CHATTANOOGA disappointed last week losing their first in a game they figured to win. I don't like that scenario but I don't like Wofford's either.
They have scalp in their pocket when the lost by 3 at Wyoming. But three wins in their home territory against unimpressive opponents and i think
look for them to struggle here on the road to a quality opponent.

EAST TENNESSEE ST has been impressive and meets their easiest opponent to date, a second division team from a weaker (save one team ) conference.

DRAKE Figures to be favored by much more in a conference game against same team they beat by double digits last two.
Just hope I'm not being 'trapped'.

NORTHERN IOWA - One of the very few teams on the Bison schedule that can give them an argument. NDSU had to have spent something in their big win a week ago.

INDIANA STATE - Never thought I would be playin Larry Bird U in this game, but the Sycamores do look a bit improved. Expect SDSU feel they can go through the motions and win this after last weeks battle with the defending champs.

ILLINOIS ST - Redbirds surprise loser of their first last week. Probably makes them better focused to handle a team they usually beat comfortably.The iron on their schedule comes later.

SOUTH DAKOTA - lost to Kansas State in opener, has pretty clear road during early season See comment above about schedule iron. It applies here too. Give me home team and a touchdown.

SACRAMENTO ST - After 3 road losses and a bye, SAC ST gets a home date with the team that figures to be #13 in a 14 team league.

IDAHO drops down from FBS and plays a second division tam in the Big Sky. And gets all those points ?

Wow you got Yale at 7? I'm seeing them +3 on Bovada as I type. I know nothing about Yale this year & only that Dartmouth has been rolling.

Boy did the numbers change overnight. Sorry so many of my choices are no longer available. Yale was one of them.

Number changed against me in one game - 2 1/2 points
Number changed in my favor in 8 games: - 25 1/2 points ( mr retro you should love this.)

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. It helps.

I grabbed -3 on Dartmouth just now & watched the juice bounce around then it went to 4. Thinking Bovada just put it out & maybe it'll get bet up closer to that 7.

Thanks Tim
Good to see you Moot. Good to see you like those games a bit out of my territory
Hope you didn't play Yale tonite
GL

Back