Buick Invitational

P-BoxNation

Can't do the time? don't do the crime
Buick Invitational:

Getting ready for tomorrows picks: Up a little around 2100-2200k for the season so far.

Picks for the whole tourney.

WEBB SIMPSON over SCOTT PIERCY at -110 for $400

RYUJI IMADA over PAT PEREZ at -115 for $400

DAVIS LOVE III over AARON BADDELEY at -115 for $400

Love these pics. usually when love takes over though we know what happens.

I will see how these pics take off the first day and then bet on the second round maybe. Trying to manage my bankroll as best as possible now that I have started out on a decent run.

:popcorn:Torrey Pines:popcorn:

Simpson is an impressive young player so far this season. Piercy defginetly could be a solid fade after last week. Tough to come back from potentially having the final round lead to start to not being in contention the last few holes. I have read a lot of 'love' for Davis this week. Good to see him back in form.

GL this week, keep up the good work.

Torrey Pines is going to eat Piercy and Perez up and spit them out I think. Baddley hasn't been playing to well lately, but is the best contender out of all my picks, to defeat my winner. Just depends on what DLIII comes out to play. Can't wait as usual.

P-Box--Thus far I have been very profitable in the earlier rounds and on my tourney bets, but the final round bets have been a disaster.

From your experience are the final round matchups more difficult to handicap? Maybe it is just a coincidence, but after the first few tourneys the difference is my record is drastically worse on Sunday--I probably can't take the pressure LOL.

Tourney Bets:

Sabbatini +110 v Villegas
Baddeley -115 v DL III (Health my friend)
Senden -110 v Pampling
Cejka -120 v Chopra
CH III +120 v Donald
Couples -120 v Lehman
Mathis -105 v Chalmers
Quinney -105 v Goydos
Walker -105 v Janzen

First Round:

Baddeley -110 v DL III
CH III +115 v Donald
Couples -115 v Lehman
Mathis -105 v Chalmers
Quinney -105 v Goydos
Walker -105 v Janzen

Sunday is pretty tough, because it is the final round and you never know who is going to come out in a slump or on fire. The match-ups are based on the top players and down who played the best for the week also. Most outcomes are going to be very very close. I did good in Hawaii of course, not to good in the bob hope, then last week I didn't put any bets in on saturday or sunday. Just minimize your bets and total amounts on saturday and sunday if you start out hott. The problem with golf betting is that you have so many days to chase lol.

One key in final round betting is taking experience also. Yea, a up and comer could shoot the best final round of his life, but usually nerves destroy these guys on the final day. Like last week you would take Hoffman just because he has won a tourney over Piercy. Don't know if that was a match-up, just using it as an example. When it get's tough is when you have some like Zach Johnson and Kenny Perry or muilty tour winners going head to head.

Last edited:
Rory the jerk must have stomach pains from all the shit in his head going to his ass. Guy swears he is good and hacks it up every week. Can't stand him.

Rory the jerk must have stomach pains from all the shit in his head going to his ass. Guy swears he is good and hacks it up every week. Can't stand him.

He's not even the best Rory in the game today ;)

Davis going along fine.

Shit, Phil even under par, looks like he took the time to actually prepare this week, so far.

He's not even the best Rory in the game today ;)

Davis going along fine.

Shit, Phil even under par, looks like he took the time to actually prepare this week, so far.

lol. The best was Phill saying he went to Vegas to train for 8 days with Butch. Come to find out, butch said he only trained one day with him. He is such a goobert lol.

:36_11_6:

Looks like we got a nail bitter between Love and Baddley. both finish at -6 today at the top of the leader board.

:popcorn:

North course providing the usual low scores.

Camilo has been great from the coverage I was able to see.

North course providing the usual low scores.

Camilo has been great from the coverage I was able to see.

Yea, definitely. Coverage comes on here at 8:30 est on the golf channel. See if I can pick up on some things. Probably won't bet the second round tomorrow though. Wait and see how DLIII handles himself in the second round against Badds tomorrow.
:popcorn:

Those guys who played North today like Badds, DL3 and Camilo got such an advantage. The only really good weather that will be seen. Started raining late today and thats what is expected I guess. Two guys on south shot 3 under and phil had a 2 under on the south which could have been much better if he wasn't "being phil". He is putting real nice though.

Those guys who played North today like Badds, DL3 and Camilo got such an advantage. The only really good weather that will be seen. Started raining late today and thats what is expected I guess. Two guys on south shot 3 under and phil had a 2 under on the south which could have been much better if he wasn't "being phil". He is putting real nice though.

Very true. Big advantage for the players who played the North course well yesterday. Phill's driver and couple approach shots were just god awful. What the hell is wrong with this guy. Plays like crap. The best was Faldo saying that nothing has changed with his driving swing lol. His new driver got approved finally and he still blows playing with it this week. Don't get me worng -2 isn't bad at all on the south course, but he could have done so much better.

Had a blowout yesterday. Trying to get her back on track today.

Goosen +110 v Harrington
Piercy -120 v Moore
Huston -120 v Lyle
Donald +115 Mickleson
Howell -120 Sabbatini
Senden -110 Pettersson
Berganio Jr -110 Lehman

Good luck if you play anything PBox.

Had a blowout yesterday. Trying to get her back on track today.

Goosen +110 v Harrington
Piercy -120 v Moore
Huston -120 v Lyle
Donald +115 Mickleson
Howell -120 Sabbatini
Senden -110 Pettersson
Berganio Jr -110 Lehman

Good luck if you play anything PBox.

GL today man. Probably sit today out. Cheers.:cheers:

Much better day in Round 2. I based most of these plays on the differential in scores from the earlier round on the South Course.

Round 3 Plays:

Mickleson -130 vs Harrington
Snedeker +110 vs Appleby
Perez -130 vs Senden
Glover -115 vs Curtis
Rollins -130 vs Stroud
Atwal -105 vs Nitties
Huston +105 vs Frazar
Thompson -130 vs Lyle
Knost +100 vs McCarron
Owen -130 vs J. Day
Mathis -130 G. Day

This is way more juice than I like to lay playing this many bets, but if there was a 3 stroke difference in the earlier round on the South Course between the players within the matchup, I played it.

P-Box, looks like the bird is in the hand for you on Simpson and Imada is looking good. Baddeley and Davis Love have been stroke for stroke the entire tourney until 18 yesterday.

2-1, ill take. Been busy all weekend wasn't able to get any more picks in for this tourney. I'll take the 400 dollar profit though, after all my drinking bills this weekend, it is much needed. How did you make out tuna?

Back