Buccaneers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

I picked a good time, jimmy garrappalo signing in vegas, to join the bandwagon

week 6 was in tampa

Lions has 5.5 ypp to 4.6 for bucs

Held ball 13 minutes more

Took Baker over 253.5 passing yesterday, its up to 261.5. TB going to be throwing a lot imo
That was their strategy back in October.

That didn't work great.

Both teams WAY different from that day though.

Detroit had so many injuries.

TB just a different team now.

Wild to think with a few more TB losses in October that Detroit might have traded for Mike Evans.

Reactions: KJ
That was their strategy back in October.

That didn't work great.

Both teams WAY different from that day though.

Detroit had so many injuries.

TB just a different team now.
But I sure do not think 253.5 was a crazy number.

Oh, I don't either.

Detroit secondary is the weakness.

Detroit now a TD fav or close to it. That sets up for Underdog to need to pass in 2h at least.
Had to chase Evans props after last week and a lot of it is because of this. Even though they should have cashed if he catches a simple pass this game sets up much better for yards through the air than last week did for Tampa

Early in year bucs were weirdly overvalued and hot picks vs teams like the eagles and lions for doing nothing ..I guess beating Vikings and bears meant alot at the time...ppl jumped all over the bucs

Then they fell short and the entire season sharps concurred the bucs just aren't that good

NOW....we are back to bucs are some scary value team again

The tea leaves don't add up on this one imo.....this is not a packers momentum hot streak....literally 2 games ago they couldn't score on panthers....3 games ago handled by the saints....and last week we'll the eagles may not have beaten the Panthers with their cold streak

My hunch is we have inflation on the bucs undeserved. ...that said it's hard to lay points with Detroit....but in fact they have covered laying points many times this year

The running game is completely one sided

Early in year bucs were weirdly overvalued and hot picks vs teams like the eagles and lions for doing nothing ..I guess beating Vikings and bears meant alot at the time...ppl jumped all over the bucs

Then they fell short and the entire season sharps concurred the bucs just aren't that good

NOW....we are back to bucs are some scary value team again

The tea leaves don't add up on this one imo.....this is not a packers momentum hot streak....literally 2 games ago they couldn't score on panthers....3 games ago handled by the saints....and last week we'll the eagles may not have beaten the Panthers with their cold streak

My hunch is we have inflation on the bucs undeserved. ...that said it's hard to lay points with Detroit....but in fact they have covered laying points many times this year

The running game is completely one sided
Good stuff.

That 1st game doesn't tell much for this one.

So many injuries.

With that being said, I have confidence in Lions passing game. I think we see a lot of short move the chains stuff early.

More in a bit.

Good stuff.

That 1st game doesn't tell much for this one.

So many injuries.

With that being said, I have confidence in Lions passing game. I think we see a lot of short move the chains stuff early.

More in a bit.
if we see regression/progression to mean from first game.......tampa should have better success throwing (and i expect less 1st and 2nd down run calls).......but the flipside which hasn't been mentioned by bettors is.......maybe detroit has more success running this game ?.........lions literally could not run on the bucs first game...i expect johnson is in on the lab

the key is the lions secondary as everyone has mentioned.......the bucs pass game has been so inconsistent, i don't believe this is as bad a matchup as stafford/mcvay

if we see regression/progression to mean from first game.......tampa should have better success throwing (and i expect less 1st and 2nd down run calls).......but the flipside which hasn't been mentioned by bettors is.......maybe detroit has more success running this game ?.........lions literally could not run on the bucs first game...i expect johnson is in on the lab

the key is the lions secondary as everyone has mentioned.......the bucs pass game has been so inconsistent, i don't believe this is as bad a matchup as stafford/mcvay
Well, we don't have good data on Lions run game in Tampa.

Why?

Gibbs sat out.

His breakout wasn't for a another week anyways.

Also, Montgomery was injured DURING the game. He left before halftime after 6 carries.

Well, we don't have good data on Lions run game in Tampa.

Why?

Gibbs sat out.

His breakout wasn't for a another week anyways.

Also, Montgomery was injured DURING the game. He left before halftime after 6 carries.
didn't remember that - of course i'm more of a rb plug and play type guy and oline does more of the work....but it can matter....i didn't see many holes that game tho

In general the lions ol - insanely talented - seems rather high variance at times in the run game.......such as rams first half to second half............i have an expectation they should just be dominating and sometimes it just doesn't happen

First game TB had 69 of their 251 yards on a garbage 13 play drive in last 3 minutes.

Looking over the play by play right now. Interesting game.

didn't remember that - of course i'm more of a rb plug and play type guy and oline does more of the work....but it can matter....i didn't see many holes that game tho

In general the lions ol - insanely talented - seems rather high variance at times in the run game.......such as rams first half to second half............i have an expectation they should just be dominating and sometimes it just doesn't happen
They should be.

One thing with this staff the 2h of the year, they tend to get away from the running game too quick.

Weird to me, because early in the year they really established this pounding style prior to the first TB game.

Packers on Turkey Day
Saints in NOLA 2h
Bears in Chicago
Last week.

All games I feel like they forgot the run at times.

First game TB had 69 of their 251 yards on a garbage 13 play drive in last 3 minutes.

Looking over the play by play right now. Interesting game.
yes....detroit fairly dominated ...at same time first tampa possession they had a deep shot to evans that was like a tip pick....some other opportunities missed. As it relates to the total , many expecting over but i can't do it with such a low output game 1

not sure what to make of the rematch caps - ala browns/texans , eagles/bucs seems to be the loser wins ----- but the eagles were fading big time here end of year lions are not

They should be.

One thing with this staff the 2h of the year, they tend to get away from the running game too quick.

Weird to me, because early in the year they really established this pounding style prior to the first TB game.

Packers on Turkey Day
Saints in NOLA 2h
Bears in Chicago
Last week.

All games I feel like they forgot the run at times.
these hotshot oc's like to outhink themselves sometimes.......and johnson is a great one, but the word genius and falling in love with the pass seems to be an association i don't agree with .......lions need some more outside type or creative runs.....if the power runs are stopped, they don't seem to have anything else to fall back too

these hotshot oc's like to outhink themselves sometimes.......and johnson is a great one, but the word genius and falling in love with the pass seems to be an association i don't agree with .......lions need some more outside type or creative runs.....if the power runs are stopped, they don't seem to have anything else to fall back too
And they should, with Gibbs.

He's fast and shifty.

yes....detroit fairly dominated ...at same time first tampa possession they had a deep shot to evans that was like a tip pick....some other opportunities missed. As it relates to the total , many expecting over but i can't do it with such a low output game 1

not sure what to make of the rematch caps - ala browns/texans , eagles/bucs seems to be the loser wins ----- but the eagles were fading big time here end of year lions are not
I lean under.

27-20 been my prediction all week.

2h with more scoring than 1st I think.

I can also see a 13-7 type halftime... lions score and Baker gets wild in a hostile environment throws some untimely stuff.

Then 30-14 kind of final perhaps.

Either way, lean under for sure.

Shit, I was thinking opposite. Thought we might get a couple early scores until defenses settle in a bit. Really like Det to win and cover though.

Like ASB props again.

I'm not discounting other receiving props, just indicating that.

He has 7-110 last week in a limited 'plays' game.

Lots of short, intermediate throws today.

Feel like 9-110 in the cards.

7.5-92.5 my numeros currently.

Coaches (head coaches) are fine with it.

Ben isn't expected to be back next year.

He's a HC.

I just hate the timing.

I hate the timing of this BS ...Shouldn't be able to hire a coach until after the SB ...Especially now with the draft pushed back.. Just my opinion, but money talks , nothing would suprise me , like a coordinator not really giving 110% if he was paid not to ..

Back