Bryzgalov to go on waivers

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
TSN.ca Staff
11/16/2007 11:15:13 AM
Sources say when the National Hockey League's waiver transactions are sent out at Noon et on Friday, the Anaheim Ducks will make netminder Ilya Bryzgalov available.
The 27-year-old Bryzgalov has a 2-3-1 record and a 2.55 goals-against average in nine regular season games this year. He has a career 26-23-7 record with a 2.48 GAA, and a .908 save percentage.
Bryzgalov, the Ducks' 44th overall pick in the 2000 NHL draft, makes $1.36 million in salary this season and will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
The Ducks signed Jonas Hiller to back up star goalie J.S. Giguere last spring, and the Swiss netminder will be called up.
Related Info

Details to follow

thinking of the 'why' it makes sense, they can clear up cap space with this move and Hiller is thought highly of.

Im going to go out on a limb and say it's to clear up cap space to bring back Niedermayer as he is off the payroll as of now being retired.

he's been spotted playing pick up games locally and Selanne made a visit to tehlocker room a few days ago...if those any or both of those 2 pull a Clemens...it'll be a black-eye for the sport.

How come no one has tried to get free agent Curtis Joseph?

Is Niedermeyer retiring or what? And Noose, apparently Ottawa tried to get him but couldnt unload Gerber's big contract on anyone, and also Joseph is 40 years old, hes getting up there.

"I'm keeping my word to a player here," Burke explained to TSN on Friday.
"Ilya Bryzgalov has won three playoff rounds for us and has played very well. But we've committed ourselves to two other goaltenders in Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Jonas Hiller. I told him if I couldn't find a place to play, I would put him on waivers. I gave his agent Don Meehan a time frame, and we're keeping our word to a player. As an organization, we find that to be important. He's a good kid, we know he'll get picked up and he'll play well wherever he goes. He's done his part for us over the last two seasons, and it's time we kept our word."

doesn't make sense...hoping SJ can pick him up, heh eh.

Theres been rumours around here of a San Jose-Montreal trade.

Forward Michael Ryder and Halak (hes in the AHL but he decently goaled for the habs last year when Huet got hurt) for Patrick Marleau.

I like Halak alot and Patty Marleau has gotten alot of criticism in SJ but he has been hot as of late and I doubt the Sharks would make that deal now...Cheechoo is the biggest disappointment so far...I think SJ stays pat til feb or so and then sees where they are at.

1st game he gets a shutout! ... I can't believe burke couldn't even get a draft pick in return for him... he's better than alot of teams number#1 goalie right now.

Back