Bruins Bergeron possible serious injury...

horrible man just horrible..

hopefully bergeron recovers from this, lets see how many games Jones gets now.

There was no intent to injure with that hit. It was just unfortunate.

He is ok. He has just broken nose and is nothing serious. I am watching live Montreal and commentator said this.

He is ok. He has just broken nose and is nothing serious. I am watching live Montreal and commentator said this.

thats actually really good to hear because from the way he was laying there and how he got taken off it looked realll bad.

Jones can apologize all he wants, but it looks to me like he left his feet.

They won't do it, but I'd sit him for 10 games.

he only gets 2 games...

oh my

I don't think the player should get 2 games at all. I got nothing against Bergeron, but if you look, he puts on the brakes full stop close to the boards with his back to the play. You cant do that, you got to keep moving, make a turn or something. The defense cant just stop and let you make a play cause your back is to the play.

Personally Im with Cat, although I do feel a suspension is warranted. But 2 games is just fine by me.

He finished his check within the bounds of the game for the most part. He could have played his check better, Bergeron was a lame duck. Hits like that happen each game, he just fell weird from a bad position.

Careless hit, but not reckless.

I got nothing against Bergeron, but if you look, he puts on the brakes full stop close to the boards with his back to the play. You cant do that, you got to keep moving, make a turn or something.

I agree with this, he made a mistake, but the fact is the guy left his feet going at a guy who had his head down.

Is Bergeron at fault for putting himself in that position, absolutely, but that doesn't negate the fact that Jones cannot do what he did. You can't leave your feet and put your body into someone's back like that.

It's why they have those little stop signs on the pee wee kids' backs. To teach you never to do exactly this.

Furthermore the sport itself needs to do anything and everything it can to stop having guys carried off the ice on a stretcher.

When all you see on SportsCenter (not to be confused with the Canadian version, SportsCentre) is guys being wheeled off the ice like that, it just continues to kill the interest level in a sport Gary Bettman has already kneecapped a couple of times and will inevitably do again.

So if five or ten games in this case would be excessive to some, I'd be fine with that if it made guys think twice about doing this again. As it is, two games, that's nothing.

Honestly, not to belittle the seriousness of Bergerons injuries because you hate to see any player motionless / hurt for that matter. But I think alot more is being made because its Philly and they have had 2 brutal hits this season already... dirty, dirty hits. IMO, I dont know if he really left his feet throwing himself into the hit, rather finished a check he had commited to

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xAEetam6HQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>

IMO... dirty hits

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/322zqTkL0-c&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>

I got nothing against Bergeron, but if you look, he puts on the brakes full stop close to the boards with his back to the play. You cant do that, you got to keep moving, make a turn or something.

I agree with this, he made a mistake, but the fact is the guy left his feet going at a guy who had his head down.

Is Bergeron at fault for putting himself in that position, absolutely, but that doesn't negate the fact that Jones cannot do what he did. You can't leave your feet and put your body into someone's back like that.

It's why they have those little stop signs on the pee wee kids' backs. To teach you never to do exactly this.

Furthermore the sport itself needs to do anything and everything it can to stop having guys carried off the ice on a stretcher.

When all you see on SportsCenter (not to be confused with the Canadian version, SportsCentre) is guys being wheeled off the ice like that, it just continues to kill the interest level in a sport Gary Bettman has already kneecapped a couple of times and will inevitably do again.

So if five or ten games in this case would be excessive to some, I'd be fine with that if it made guys think twice about doing this again. As it is, two games, that's nothing.

I got to agree with SC, I dont think the hit qualifies as leaving his feet...I don't know if you know Don Cherry Joe, but hes a loudmouth on Hockey Night in Canada, and what he says is true, its the glass, the rims of the boards and touch icing that needs changing and all of that could be changed for pennies (not saying hits from behind are ok mind you)that in itself would reduce injuries greatly...Scott Stevens was a dirty hitter except he did it on open ice, his defense partner often would steer the oncoming player to a waiting and prepared Stevens. Bad stuff will always happen in hockey, I played it and Im one of the mildest men you could ever meet and even I got in a fight once and also pushed a referee to the ice, its true what they say: men get stupid when they wear an armoured suit and carry a stick(weapon).

Back