Bruce????

• Thread starter Thread starter buckeyeburritos
  • Start date Start date
B

buckeyeburritos

Thats right Jay Bruce for MVP--Pleas note, i am not biased at all:tiphat:

:bow::bow::bow:

3e629c4b-abcf-43a8-a186-c900b9698852.jpg

Bruce has that added swagger about him too... sticking him in that lineup is gonna make me wanna over the number every night.. can't wait til Keppy gets healthy, though I like Janish's approach early on. Thinking Bruce could possibly lead off with Keppy in the two hole when he gets back early July.

I don't see Bruce leading off...that's why he didn't come north in April..

They wanted a CF that would leadoff and Bruce didnt' fit the bill..w/this lineup, Hairston is the candidate..

when Keppinger comes back will have to be him...

If Eddie doesn't get outta this funk, we may see alot of Hairston/Freel at third leading off.

Is Bruce gonna be starting all the time now? I have him in fantasy baseball so I just wanna know if I should feel safe in assuming I can start him the rest of the year. If I can, then it gives me some trade flexibility cuz I have boatloads of hitting. I can't lean on him if hes gonna be a half starter though...

Is Bruce gonna be starting all the time now? I have him in fantasy baseball so I just wanna know if I should feel safe in assuming I can start him the rest of the year. If I can, then it gives me some trade flexibility cuz I have boatloads of hitting. I can't lean on him if hes gonna be a half starter though...
Jockety said they wouldn't have brought him up if he wasn't going to play "alot".....a 1.000 OBP through 5 AB's in his debut certainly won't disuade that..

The only way I really see him sitting much is against tough, tough lefties...that said, he had a hit and a walk off lefties last night, so hard to tell even then..

He'll play as close to everyday as u can expect I think..

The kid is the truth...I think the days off he gets off in center w/ Freel or Patterson sliding in, he'll slide over to right and play for Griffey on those occasions most of the time.

Jay Bruce isn't that good. I mean Santa traded him and Brandon Webb to me for Griffy, Ankiel, McGowan, Lowe, McCutchen, and Brignac earlier in the season.

You might as well sent him a box of shit.

I forgot to add it's a keeper league. Ankiel and either/both McGowan/Lowe are keepers on his team, McCutchen will be making just as much noise as Bruce in a few weeks or next season. Brignac will be a solid every day SS for TB who may make a few all star games. Forgot I also sent Howie Kendricks that way...

I received Rich Hill and Brett Anderson back and those two have really struggled this year in the minors/majors. Make or break is going to be what I do with the top 3 pick I received coming up here in June... will it be Alvarez, Smoke, Beckham, Matusowazahoweverthehellyouspellit....

The Reds waived Patterson today so I'd expect Bruce to play 90% of the games from here out.

I forgot to add it's a keeper league. Ankiel and either/both McGowan/Lowe are keepers on his team, McCutchen will be making just as much noise as Bruce in a few weeks or next season. Brignac will be a solid every day SS for TB who may make a few all star games. Forgot I also sent Howie Kendricks that way...

I received Rich Hill and Brett Anderson back and those two have really struggled this year in the minors/majors. Make or break is going to be what I do with the top 3 pick I received coming up here in June... will it be Alvarez, Smoke, Beckham, Matusowazahoweverthehellyouspellit....

Brignac looks like he uses a broom to hit with. I'd be surprised if he could have an OPS over 1.000 using a tee. Ankie, McGown and Kendricks (being that he quits being a vagina) should all do well. Either way congrats on that trade.

Brignac looks like he uses a broom to hit with. I'd be surprised if he could have an OPS over 1.000 using a tee. Ankie, McGown and Kendricks (being that he quits being a vagina) should all do well. Either way congrats on that trade.

Thanks. Going to have to leave Bruce on my minor league team the rest of the season as I have no where to play him.

1st Miggy
3rd Arod
OF Vlad, Ichiro, Crawford
Util Adrian Gonzalez
Bench Hunter Pence

So I'm already rotating those 7 guys for 6 positions. Now only if VMart and Brian Roberts can get their heads out of their asses and Jeter keeps hitting.

The Reds waived Patterson today so I'd expect Bruce to play 90% of the games from here out.

He was optioned...he signed a minor league contract, not major league..

But yea, Bruce is gonna play.

Talk to me when this Bruce guy has the type of season Braun had last year. AKA the best offensive season in the history of Major League Baseball for a rookie.

Obviously sarcasm there, I am thinking Bruce is going to be a stud and it looks like the Reds made a hell of a trade last year getting Volquez in return (a future 1 or 2) and clearing the space to get Bruce in there.

if you have Felix Hernandez on you fantasy team...

would you be stupid enough to trade for Jay Bruce straight up or try to get Lyon/Ryan packaged with him

if Josh Hamilton is "The Natural"

Jay Bruce is "The Truth"

think I found my next Reds Jersey purchase....

Just watched him hit #2 live at the ballpark. The city seems to really be embracing him like I haven't seen in quite a few years.

Back