Browns - Giants Debacle

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
It was one big disappointment to see the Browns get hammered. BUT that is a good thing. Here's why.

The line on Cleveland will likely go up a half or even a point/point and a half before opening day.

The WHOLE nation has a bent opinion now based on that Nationally Televised mess.

The other part that is good, is that the Giants will be over-priced as well in the first few games.

Two good teams to be betting on, will be Cleveland, and Against the Giants early.

Food for thought...:shake:

I'm going to keep saying this. THe Browns had one win vs a playoff team last year. by 3 to Seattle at home.

They beat up on bad teams...they won't have the same luxury this year.

agree with Jump...

and as for betting against the Giants and saying they are overpriced...

people will NEVER learn...

it's like nobody wants to accept the fact that since Reese took over general manager duties, he's been doing nothing but loading the team up with underrated blue collar talent that can get the job done.

Their schedule IS a lot rougher this season, that's for sure. I think they have improved from last season (despite last nights mess...hey, its preseason ;) ) and I want to see how they do with some of these prime time games and against GOOD teams.

o line has no depth better hope all 5 go all 16 games again ...

i definitely disagree here...depth is an issue on this team but not on the o-line imo

they simply played sloppy monday night. missed assignments, 100 yds in penalties in one quarter, and a couple of big plays that i wouldn't count on in a regular season matchup (the 90+ yd fumble return and the kickoff return for a td)...definitely made stupid mental mistakes that are a concern, but they didn't open up their playbook at all (were just trying some uncharacteristic things as pertains to their offense ie DA in the gun)...basically i think it's hilarious how much people are overreacting. they were sucking thomas' dick, then after a missed assignment sack and a couple of big td returns, the browns were being "manhandled and dominated on the line of scrimmage" hahahaha. give me a break. that mnf commentating staff is the worse group in football. i'd listen to joe buck flirt with troy aikman before listening to those jackasses. they were running multiple fullback flat patterns for christ sakes. see how much of that they do in the regular season. anyone that holds any weight whatsoever to that game needs their head examined

I'm going to keep saying this. THe Browns had one win vs a playoff team last year. by 3 to Seattle at home.

They beat up on bad teams...they won't have the same luxury this year.

true, and i'm not disagreeing that they have a much tougher schedule this year, but sos can drastically change from year to year when comparing end results to beginning results. they still play a weak division for 6 games, have the bills and texans whom they defeated last year, the broncos at home, and out of the titans, skins, and eagles i would assume at least one of those teams would miss the playoffs...so i believe the key is if they can beat the steelers at least once or not. if they can do that, they still have 9 or 10 games with teams that will probably not make the playoffs. will they win all of those games? no, but i would think they wouldn't lose ALL of the games against playoff teams either. last year they only played the steelers, pats, and seahawks that were playoff teams, so it's not that HUGE of a deal that they only beat one playoff team. nobody beat the pats, and they were seconds away from splitting the series with pittsburgh, which would have propelled them to the playoffs. so, basically they were seconds away from being .500 vs playoff teams. and i realize they what if this, what if that, but that was the first time they had ever been in a game like that. i believe it will come down to the same thing this year. they beat pitt once, they win the division and go to the playoffs. they get swept by pitt, they watch them.

They also turned it over 6 times in a loss at Cincy and I believe lost at Oakland.

I don't think the Pitt loss is what cost them the playoffs.

well of course there were games they played badly in that cost them the playoffs too. but they came the closest to beating pitt, and if they can't get over the pitt hump this year, they have no chance to pass them and win in the division, and with both teams' schedules...no way they both have a chance to make it this year like last.

just pointing out that while they had 12 non-playoff teams last year and went 9-3 and won vs 1 playoff team, they will have probably 9 or 10 non-playoff teams on their schedule this year, so they'll have to beat only 2 more playoff teams with more chances than they had last year. if they beat pitt that's 1 win, and i think they can beat dallas and one out of the three teams mentioned above that do make the playoffs. i think they can come up with 8 wins somewhere without beating the steelers (which is two less wins than last year obviously...a decent adjustment considering the non-playoff teams and assuming some improvement). they beat the steelers once and go 9-7, they can gain virtually two games on them as compared to last year and most likely win the division. if that makes any sense whatsoever hahahahhaha.

DA since week 13 to date has been nothing special.

very true, but i think there are many contributing factors to that than just DA. he had a great camp, and does have to work on not being overly agressive, which he has...i think people forget this was a first year starter. just because he played nearly flawless his first few games out does not mean there won't be any learning curve. i feel that he will be a better qb this year, and if you're better than your previous pro-bowl caliber year...that's good enough to lead a team to the playoffs. the browns have many problems that could easily keep them out of the playoffs, but i strongly disagree DA is one of them

6-10 or 7-9 imo. DA has shown nothing since week 13 to date. for some reason noboy on your team got hurt last year. edwards and winslow were both healthy and that line didnt get a bruise. you been hit by injuries left and right last couple years so i have no idea why last year was so clean. im guessing this year wont. If one person on left side of your line goes down you are the st louis rams.

steinbach goes down, there's mckinney who was a starter last year or friedman who saw plenty of time. thomas goes down, that would be a blow for sure, but shaffer would move to LT and be solid and tucker has seen plenty of time and started a few games...was the browns only good starter when that line sucked bad. a lot of that line being effective and not being as susceptible to injuries has to do with DA's quick release

I think 8-8 is more realistic....6-10 is a big reach w/ the Ravens, Bengals on their twice...they go 3-1 at worst for those four.

Many people believe Pitts takes a step backwards this year though...so that would be a big key to getting to ten wins again.

Their Pythagorean Wins last year was 8.5 with everyone healthy and a cakewalk schedule. I dont see 8.

Find me 8 or more if you can ...

Dal DOG
Pit DOG
@ Bal DOG
@ Cin DOG
BYE
NYG DOG
@ Was DOG
@ Jac DOG
Bal CHALK
Den CHALK
@ Buf NO IDEA
Hou DOG
Ind DOG
@ Ten CHALK
@ Phi DOG
Cin CHALK
Pit CHALK

Well assuming you give them both Baltimore wins, vs DEN and HOU at home, and one of the Cincy games...

I'm thinknig they can get three of 11 from these:

vs Dal
vs Pitt
vs NYG
vs Indy

@Cincy
@WAS
@ JAX
@BUF
@TEN
@PHI
@PITT

brewer if you're that confident the browns will have a losing record, UNDER 8 wins is +105 on the greek right now...

Are you assuming Pitt is still in it's own class?

Because the OLine is much weaker and that's their bread and butter.

I can easily give them one of Pitt, both Cincy's, both Ravens, HOU and DEN and find you one more..

Need to see more of Pitt and Cincy first under fire though.

Are you assuming Pitt is still in it's own class?

Because the OLine is much weaker and that's their bread and butter.

I can easily give them one of Pitt, both Cincy's, both Ravens, HOU and DEN and find you one more..

Need to see more of Pitt and Cincy first under fire though.

I agree. Can easily split with Pitt, take both or split with Cincy, take both from Balt, win vs Hou, win vs Buf, win vs Was.

Houston will beat them. Dunta will be back by then.

Houston's front seven and Dunta and Bennett will feast on DA

Houston will beat them. Dunta will be back by then.

Houston's front seven and Dunta and Robinson will feast on DA
How can you say that? You've seen them play one pre season game this year and we beat Houston by double digits last year.

The Buffalo game will be a tough one...monday night games up there late in the year are a bitch...but it's winable...but won't be easy.

a couple of my projections, particularly DAL and IND won't be popular, but here's what i see happening:

DAL W
PITT L
@balt L
@Cin W
NY L
@wash L
@jax L
BALT W
DEN W
@buff L
HOUST W
IND W
@tenn W
@phil L
CINC W
@pitt ?

Steed, Ravens, Bears, Eagles, Jets, Chiefs, Saints didnt make the playoffs let alone having a winning record last year. That's 6 of 12.

Its a prediciton. One I've given reasons for throughout this thread and one i made other day regarding the 9ers, den, phila, hou and min.

Could it be wrong and they win 13 sure. I just done see it.

i hear ya brewer...i can definitely see reasons why people would be low on them...i am hoping to get a few tasty numbers because i definitely see spots where they're prob going to be overvalued, and i surely wouldn't keep them on my to bet list all year

that houston game i think will be a close game...think they're pretty underrated, however i just don't see that secondary holding up on the road here...think i will be liking houston a lot this year though ats

Someone create one of those polls (if its possible) were we can vote for how many games each team will win.

Be appreciated.

I don't see the Bills or Texans regressing... they should be just as productive or better than last season

I think Cleveland will be okay... they should be over .500... but I don't think they win the division.

They also turned it over 6 times in a loss at Cincy and I believe lost at Oakland.

I don't think the Pitt loss is what cost them the playoffs.

what cost them the playoffs was the no call on the push out on kellen winslow at the arizona game which would of put them right in contention.

Cleveland and Cincy are what tehy are, marginal average teams that can beat the weaker teams and 50% of the average teams-- they cannot beat any good or elite teams ---

Same story every year, not a big fan of DA, think he is overrated for sure

Browns are yet another one of the teams the media hypes up every year but then does nothing. See the 49ers, Saints last year, Arizona every year, etc. This year it's Cleveland. They will be lucky to win 10 games this year with the schedule they play.

Browns are yet another one of the teams the media hypes up every year but then does nothing. See the 49ers, Saints last year, Arizona every year, etc. This year it's Cleveland. They will be lucky to win 10 games this year with the schedule they play.
That the MEDIA HYPES? No way bro, the media does everything but hype the Browns year in and year out...at least here in Ohio anyways...

I'll take 10 wins. If they do that, they will win the division!

Back