Browns fans, we need to beat Cincy methinks

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
T

tipyerbartender1

Playoff talk around the water coolers here in town over what was essentially just eliminating the Bills is just a little over the top and premature.

Looking ahead at tiebreakers and remaining schedules ...

IF the Browns beat Cincy, they're mathematically in, either the wild card or the division TBD.

BUT IF they lose at Cincy this Sunday, I think there's a strong chance they'll be out, win or lose vs. San Fran in week 17.

Tenny hosts the Jets in a late game Sunday (probable win) AFTER the Browns game is over, and goes to Indy for a probable Colts laydown in week 17 at 1:00. We've seen how Dungy treats late season games with his playoff seed already set in stone. Like exhibitions. And the banged up Colts have some healing time to cash now before the playoffs. I think the Titans win out.

Browns lose to Cincy and Titans win out, Titans win the AFC tiebreaker on record vs. common opponents.

I doubt Pittsburgh & Jax each drop the next two games.

So I say, the Browns need to win this one, and I don't think it's going to be easy. Think I'm liking over 45.5 better than the Browns -3.

Go Browns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as a divisional rivalry, I just can't see Cinci being ready for this game. Hasn't this team given up? Surely their practices and film sessions are full of daydreamers. Cleveland looks focused, poised, and most of all strong. JLew should have another 100+ performance.

Bungles are above .500 at home, Browns under .500 on road, Cincy just waxed the Titans in Cincy a few weeks ago, has won its last two at home, Browns D still suspect ... I think it's a really dangerous spot.

I don't think the team thinks they're in, they've been going game at a time, haven't really looked ahead all season. But I can tell that the fans are assuming playoffs.

I really don't like this spot for the Browns.

The question may be the weather, but Cincy knows they can spread the Browns out and score some points. If they do it could be a long day.

There was the sense that beating Buffalo clinched it and I think that the Browns, who've really been playing at such a high level for so many weeks now, are in a perfect let-down spot, even if only a little.

The good news is that they're a better team than Cincy. Unfortunately, that doesn't always matter in the NFL. Just ask Dallas yesterday.

This is the Bengals last home game of the season, and after a really bad year, after a really bad performance in SF, you have to think they're going to give it some effort.

Of course, rumor is they're screaming at each other in the locker room so who knows.

My hope is that you're right, that the Browns focus and win out thus guaranteeing themselves the spot and some celebration on their home field for all they've accomplished this season.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this game this weekend is closer than folks expect.

Playoff talk around the water coolers here in town over what was essentially just eliminating the Bills are just a little over the top and premature.

Looking ahead at tiebreakers and remaining schedules ...

IF the Browns beat Cincy, they're mathematically in, either the wild card or the division TBD.

BUT IF they lose at Cincy this Sunday, I think there's a strong chance they'll be out, win or lose vs. San Fran in week 17.

Tenny hosts the Jets in a late game Sunday (probable win) AFTER the Browns game is over, and goes to Indy for a probable Colts laydown in week 17 at 1:00. We've seen how Dungy treats late season games with his playoff seed already set in stone. Like exhibitions. And the banged up Colts have some healing time to cash now before the playoffs. I think the Titans win out.

Browns lose to Cincy and Titans win out, Titans win the AFC tiebreaker on record vs. common opponents.

I doubt Pittsburgh & Jax each drop the next two games.

So I say, the Browns need to win this one, and I don't think it's going to be easy. Think I'm liking over 45.5 better than the Browns -3.

Go Browns.

First of all, where the hell you been all season? Good to see your post.

Youre right we do need to win in C-Town. Colts are in a coast mode now. With all the injuries to Indy, he must rest his starters. Tiatns though arent that good and even with backups the Colts could win with Sorgie playing. He is very under rated.

As far as Steelers go, they are not one bit better than last season. They just won more games this year due to teams self-destructing. I think theyre in for a surprise in st.Louis on thursday night. That run defense is very suspect. Forget their numbers... They cant shut down the pass anymore either. A turnover here or there could get a loss in the town the Rams play in. 7.5 is way too much. Browns could win the division. It just may happen as they wont lose either of their last two.

Go Tribe! in 08!
:cheers:

Ya the Browns have definitely won me over this year, I'm rooting for them throughout the playoffs

I wanna play the steelers in the first round.

I don't, I want San Diego. Even though their running game is so good. Chud will carve his former team up.

how can't you want to beat the Steelers first round, Joe?

It's purely coaching. Here's the guy who coached Phillip Rivers just one year ago. Their pass defense isn't very good, and the Browns O-line is. That means pass protection and inside information from someone who just left that very system not long ago about how to beat it.

LT will get his, but I see a game much like the Pats/Chargers game last year, sort of a shootout where the visitors win.

I actually think the Browns might win that game somewhat easily assuming they take care of the ball, as I see at least two Charger turnovers.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Browns could beat Pittsburgh, too, and it would be just as interesting of a matchup to me, but I actually want SD. I think we'll get more value on the underdog.

I don't, I want San Diego. Even though their running game is so good. Chud will carve his former team up.

Reason being for wanting to play pittsburgh is because their is a BIG chip on the players shoulders from losing twice to the steelers. I think browns players will really get up for this one. I really like my chances if i am a bettor on the browns.:cheers:

I hear ya, FG. I actually think either matchup will likely create value as a Browns bettor--and as a fan I do think both matchups are winable.

I think the line will be higher in SD, though.

Joe is right. The matchup is in favor of the Browns against SD rather than Pitt....but I'll take a bit off a lesser matchup to beat those sorry son of a bitches. Hell, we're not even suppose to be here, right?

I do see your point Joe, but we must get there first.

:shake:

Sorry dog pound fans, but you guys will lose this weekend. There is a lot of talk around Cincy this week about the Browns game. Bengals are looking forward to playing the Browns after the shootout earlier in the season. Bengals win this one guys.

Sorry dog pound fans, but you guys will lose this weekend. There is a lot of talk around Cincy this week about the Browns game. Bengals are looking forward to playing the Browns after the shootout earlier in the season. Bengals win this one guys.
:smiley_acbe: That is what I want to read. I hope the Bengals play with some pride.

bengals aren't looking forward to anything except the season ending. No one cares on that team carson palmer included. When chad johnson stops getting frustrated about not getting the ball you know the team has packed it in.

Browns out of the playoffs, get a tough schedule next year and go back to only 4 wins.

Titans into the playoffs will win in the 1st round, hehe

Objectively, I love this spot for Cincy. But when you hear about the Bengals yelling at each other in the locker room and rumors about them blowing up the team or other teams interested in Marvin Lewis, it really feels like a crap shoot.

If Pittsburgh were to lose tonight I'd immediately bet the Browns as they'd have a chance to take hold of the division. I doubt Pitt loses, but even if they win it's hard to bet on a markedly poorer team especially when they seem to have internal issues.

As a Browns fan, really all I want them to do is survive and advance this week. Just get the win. If Cincy falls apart, so much the better, but just win baby.

Objectively, I love this spot for Cincy. But when you hear about the Bengals yelling at each other in the locker room and rumors about them blowing up the team or other teams interested in Marvin Lewis, it really feels like a crap shoot.

If Pittsburgh were to lose tonight I'd immediately bet the Browns as they'd have a chance to take hold of the division. I doubt Pitt loses, but even if they win it's hard to bet on a markedly poorer team especially when they seem to have internal issues.

As a Browns fan, really all I want them to do is survive and advance this week. Just get the win. If Cincy falls apart, so much the better, but just win baby.

Remember if the Browns win, you will be banned :smiley_acbe:

if the Titans lose...you will still be banned.

Right, banned for all of Monday, December 24, 2007.

I will be spending the majority of Sunday the 23rd preparing for this, buying new knitting needles, chopping wood for the fire place, and cashing in Barnes & Noble gift cards on reading material.

Yes, I'm a little worried about CTG withdrawl, but I plan to get incredibly plastered so I figure that will help.

Right, banned for all of Monday, December 24, 2007.

I will be spending the majority of Sunday the 23rd preparing for this, buying new knitting needles, chopping wood for the fire place, and cashing in Barnes & Noble gift cards on reading material.

Yes, I'm a little worried about CTG withdrawl, but I plan to get incredibly plastered so I figure that will help.

excellent please take a picture of what your finished knitting product looks like

My guess is something like this, only slightly less legible.

31GAKH3JMFL._SS500_.jpg

I just don't have a good feeling about this game today. It's the Bengals Super Bowl, as they say.

Joe, why will you be banned if the browns win, isn't that a good thing?

By the way, GOOOOOOO browns i wanna see the browns score 40 by themselves.

Hope so. Know what bothers me, G? Anderson has been such a slow starter in pretty much every game. I think if Cincy comes out fired up and gets up, say 10-0 in the first quarter, bye-bye playoffs.

They need to feed Jamal about 35X. Rest the regs next week if they win, give Brady Quinn some action. Then go shock Pittsburgh or San Diego. Anyway, I don't like laying any points in this one.

Hope so. Know what bothers me, G? Anderson has been such a slow starter in pretty much every game. I think if Cincy comes out fired up and gets up, say 10-0 in the first quarter, bye-bye playoffs.

9 points and 1 quarter short, but accurate almost to a T never-the-less.

Back