Broncos' Javon Walker done for the season

I heard this:

"Javon's not feeling very good," Shanahan said. "He'll get operated on (Friday) in Houston, so he'll be out for a few weeks."

ESPN said season, but I haven't seen that pop up anywhere else yet.

Even if he's only out for this week and next that's Pittsburgh and Green Bay at home. Lose both those and you're looking at 2-5 with your next two games on the road--realistically you might as well start looking toward next year.

good news for the Raider and Afc west teams. Javon can play and makes that team better im happy he's out ...

Broncos still beat the Steelers

Javon Walker will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery Friday and be out for "a few weeks," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan announced Thursday. The Denver Post reports Walker will likely be out four weeks.

The Packers acquired the Broncos' 37th overall pick for Walker, and immediately sent it to the Atlanta Falcons for three picks — a second-rounder (47th overall), third rounder (93rd) and fifth-rounder (148th).

#47 G Daryn Colledge
#93 traded for #
109 CB Will Blackmon & #183 S Tryone Culver
#148 QB Ingle Martin

So pretty much they got 2 guys that may have an NFL future

Ingle Martin, talk about a throw in.

I don't think Walker's given up, but I do think he's probably still dealing with having Darrent (sp?) Williams die in his lap less than a year ago.

Ingle Martin, talk about a throw in.

I don't think Walker's given up, but I do think he's probably still dealing with having Darrent (sp?) Williams die in his lap less than a year ago.

I think the whole organization is still dealing with it......

I think that's a good point, Spooks. With both of those deaths, probably.

I know we can put a lot on Cutler's growing pains and that defense's complete lack of any ability to stop the run, but there still has to be an underlying current in that locker room of tragedy and the struggle to overcome it.

i don't see how denver stays competitive with the steelers this sunday, but they will nonetheless b/c i bet on it.

Back