bright future in pittsburgh

you guys better be good, at least at running the ball that is, i got fast willie parker on my fantasy team.

fast willie will be a stud this year in fantasy football. u will be very pleased to have drafted him brewer. nice pickup!

I don't know if I'm sold on your O-line.

Frankly, I thought this thread was going to be in the Hockey forum and be about the Pens.

Go Sid.

=)

joe, lol.

yea i as well don't think the o-line will be what it has been in years past. I say that because alan faneca who has bad mouthed the team has been quoted in saying "since the team dosen't seem to care about me well come this year when i am leaning on playing injured it will be a definite no". What this basiclaly means to me is that faneca will be taking it easy and not be putting to much pressure on himself to perform.

He by the way is their all pro left guard.

Oh, I know who Faneca is, I also know they've lost their starting center who was, I believe, also an all pro.

Pittsburgh has a number of questions.

Questions we'll get to soon enough.

=)

joe, yea jeff hartings was their center that they lost. They said that they plan on trying out some guards at center and see who worksouts at center. Not a great plan by any means. I believe they are trying out Sean Mahan and kendall simmons. Another sidenote that steelers are impressed with one of the undrafted free agents from rutgers that was a center that they like. My initial reaction is that he can't be that good if he was undrafted but what do i know, i am not a scout lol.

i thought in the draft they were going to go ryan kahlil from usc b/c he was available in the 2nd round when they picked.

Chucky Okobi will be the center this year...RG Simmons wont be a starter this year ..Mahan or Colon will win the job.

steel, you really think chuck okobi will be able to play center full time and long snap because if okobi goes down with any type of injury they do not have a long snapper on their roster from last year.

Also, okobi was really getting pushed around last year, there has been strong sentiment around the organization if okobi is the guy he is a stop gap until someone can be a long term solution in there.

bottom line, if okobi gets the job i think he becomes a liability and the center becomes a point of attack for defenses.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07204/803807-66.stm

The Steelers agreed to a contract extension today with safety Troy Polamalu, assuring one of their best players will remain in Pittsburgh for a while longer.

Polamalu signed a five-year contract worth $33 million, making him the highest-paid Steeler and highest-paid safety in the NFL. He will receive bonuses -- including signing and roster -- of $15,375,000.

Polamalu, who has made every Pro Bowl since he became the Steelers starting strong safety in 2004, had one year left on the contract he signed as a rookie in 2003.

At 5-10, 207 pounds, Polamalu plays a unique brand of safety, lining up in various positions on defense. Coordinator Dick LeBeau has designed many of his defenses to take advantage of Polamalu's ability.

"Troy Polamalu is a very special football player who has been a key ingredient to our success over the past few seasons," said Steelers President Art Rooney II. "We are excited to know he will be a Steeler for many seasons to come."

Hallelujah!!!!! Steeler fans rejoice!!!! :cheers:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07204/803738-66.stm

Lawrence Timmons also signed.

The Steelers will have all of their rookies in training camp today after coming to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Lawrence Timmons yesterday.
Timmons, who has been working out in Pittsburgh, signed the contract yesterday at team headquarters. It is worth slightly less than $12 million in base salary and could be worth as much as $15 million with the incentives. He will receive various guaranteed bonuses of $8,053,000 that includes signing and roster bonuses.

I love it ....wo hoo :wacka wacka::wacka wacka:

I was just reading about it and going to post it ...

Things looking good at the start of camp.

gotti ... some people are thinking Okobi may be a cap cut if Mahan looks good a C ...Marvin Phillip kid drafted last year would be the back up...Greg Warren is the long snapper

still makes me kind of sketchy if i am a fan b/c the last thing i want the coaching staff to skiimp on is offensive linemen, my team (browns) learned that the hard way last year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07220/807819-100.stm

LATROBE -- Steely McBeam is the name of the new Steelers mascot, the team announced today at Saint Vincent College following afternoon practice.

The winning entry was submitted by Diane Roles of Valencia, Pa. The mascot was unveiled earlier this year as a part of the Steelers 75th anniversary celebration.
0808_steeler_mascot_450.jpg

So is Mr. Steel going to walk around with that steel balance beam over his shoulder...

It looks like it would be fun to beat the cleveland dog, or the cincinati tiger, or the baltimore bird with...

at least for Mike Evickt

i would rather have hot cheerleaders than a silly mascot...

Center position seems to be up in the air right now , not good..Okobi was injured this week, Mahan is working with 1st team and will start sat . and we signed some scrub who can play C ....

Fast Willie will be back this week doubt he plays much.

Big Ben carted off field after foot stepped on , nothing major it seems ..

Pitt 6.5 pt fav seems pretty steep , but you gotta think Tomlin wants to set a tone for the season this week in first home game ..lot of running backs/WR in competition for roster spots should be interesting this week.....

Back