Brian Kelly...

Guy has always been an maniacal jackass. I enjoy watching this.

He said coaching had nothing to do with the Duke loss. :rofl:

If I am a Notre Dame fan, I can look the other way when the coach contributes to the death of a student but losing to Duke? No way.

He was out-coached but the real shocker is just how bad the ND defense has gotten.

some idiot wrote that he may be considered for LSU

I'll set something on fire if that happens

Anyone want to talk about how shitty a coach he is?
Running shotgun in a monsoon and throwing 26 times...... THEN blames the kids. Again.

only reason to leave nd for lsu is if you are in trouble at nd and want a fresh start. otherwise no one takes the lsu job over nd.

Enjoy watching him meltdown. Guy has always been a prick. Going back to the D2 days. Complete asshole.

Not insulting LSU but ND is arguably the best coaching job in America, in any sport.

C'mon now, VK...in 1966 this is an accurate statement. In 2016, you could probably name 5-10 coaching jobs in CFB alone better than ND.

Urban was ready to sign contract to go to South Bend...literally, they were working the contract...but UM wanted IN WRITING that ND Prez would allow him to get players in under what Notre Dame considers their academic standard. Prez said wink, wink my word is good enough...Urban said no its not...and he didn't go there. That comes from people I know in the Utah program who were tight w/the late Rick Majerus who was in the meetings while Urban was at Utah still.

Like I said, 50 years ago this was the greatest job in the world...now...not a chance in hell it's close.

I agree with Kyle. The tv contract and national fan base far outweighs the technical stuff.

We can argue the LSU/ND thing if you want.....

My point is more that this guy sucks....bad. And he seems like a real asshole to boot.
It gets worse before it gets better in SB I can tell you that.

P.S.- I despise ND, but I like the traditions and they usually play a tough schedule....their arrogance may cost them at some point. Alumni is loaded, but ask any 18 yr old kid today(at least around here and the like).....ND isn't on the radar. I know they recruit nationally(have to really), but they don't have good players right now.

He brought them back for a butt bang to Bama.....they need a change

Wait a minute......you think LSU WANTS this guy?!

No. I was commenting on your post #11 ,,, meaning the guy who wrote it is not an idiot for thinking lsu might want him but is an idiot in thinking Kelly takes the demotion.

Maybe times have changed and nd hfc isn't the best job in sports anymore but let's not compare it to lsu where a functioning retard has been coaching the last decade.

Kelly is an asshole. Kelly is underachieving unless you believe what Scarf is saying and then he is just a victim of our Country's insistence on lack of expectations for our kids. Maybe they need fresh blood. Maybe he isn't a great coach.

I think the time has passed you by on ND and LSU being competitive for coaches.
Like I said, it's cool that they stick to their guns as far as their ways....mixing the football players in dorms with just regular students and not bending academic rules for the athletes is awesome....

When you say "compare to LSU" I don't know what you mean. If you mean is Kelly better and more "functioning" than Miles, well yeah. One has a ring and been in 2 'ship games.....one has only been to one....both have been emabarassed in one.

If you want me to defend Miles here vs Kelly, I think you know me better than that. But I also know you better than to think you are defending Kelly(shit, I hope!)....the guy is an asshole and not a good coach(or maybe just not a fit here anymore.....because they just don't have the players at certain positions...I think you would agree...

He throws the team(KIDS) and his own staff under the bus.....WEEKLY. After Duke it was the kids...they need to gbe evaulated( and VK, I'm not a PC guy and sometimes it IS the kids, but you NEVER say that....publicly much less)....then he fires a coach.
You think that was a good game plan on Saturday?

they ran 38 times for 59 yds. watching the game, passing was their best option. WR didn't catch the ball much.

The weather was nuts...the passes I saw were out of shotgun and a lot of the balls were kind of deep for that kind of weather.

Not a fan of Finebaum but anyone who takes shots at this asshole is fine by me..

[FONT=&amp]During an [/FONT]interview with ESPN's Hannah Storm[FONT=&amp] Monday, Finebaum called Kelly a "miserable human being" and asked whom Kelly would blame next for the struggles of the 2-4 Irish

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Let's think about what Brian Kelly has done here in the last couple weeks," Finebaum said to open the 1 ½-minute interview. "He blamed everyone on his team a couple weeks ago. He said he'd be re-evaluating.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He blamed his defensive coordinator and fired him. He blamed his quarterback, who's had a really nice year. And yesterday he called out the center, saying he had been snapping atrociously in the middle of a hurricane. You know, I'm beginning to wonder, who's next for Brian Kelly to blame? Donald Trump?"

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]During a postgame interview Saturday, however, Kelly called out Notre Dame center Sam Mustipher for his "atrocious" snapping of the wet and slippery football. During his Sunday teleconference, Kelly eased up on Mustipher and said that he was put in a very difficult situation with the weather conditions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finebaum did not let up on Kelly.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"When you get right down to it, I've always respected Notre Dame – I think it's one of the great institutions of higher learning in this country – but why would anyone want to play for Brian Kelly?" Finebaum said. "He is a miserable human being, he blames everyone but himself and, frankly, I think this season is going down the drain and they could lose as many as eight or nine games.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Yeah, he'll keep his job, he's secure, but you wonder whether he'll want to keep his job. I think there's NFL jobs that could open. I think Brian Kelly is just resembling the Titanic, quite frankly, in South Bend."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finebaum finished the interview by saying he thinks that if an NFL team offers Kelly a job – mentioning the Chicago Bears specifically – then he may "bail out."

:clappy:[/FONT]

I couldn't be happier that this POS is having a meltdown and his team is imploding. I will never change my opinion that this fucker is responsible for the death of a 20-year-old kid by insisting he send him up to film practice in 55mph wind conditons.

This guy is a despicable human being and I will root against him anywhere he ever goes the rest of his coaching career. Love watching him meltdown like the psychopath that he is.

I couldn't be happier that this POS is having a meltdown and his team is imploding. I will never change my opinion that this fucker is responsible for the death of a 20-year-old kid by insisting he send him up to film practice in 55mph wind conditons.

This guy is a despicable human being and I will root against him anywhere he ever goes the rest of his coaching career. Love watching him meltdown like the psychopath that he is.

Exactly, things the media just ignores....or the players rape of a girl who later committed suicide, or numerous players with gun charges...that dead guy tho....

I love Finebaum, he's right...and is smart enough to listen to facts and knows the insides of coaching circles well.

He is definitely mostly SEC talk...I think he knows his shit though.
And so does a BiG poster here apparently

He is definitely mostly SEC talk...I think he knows his shit though.
And so does a BiG poster here apparently

Not really,

He has to shill for his butt-buddy Saban etc.

He actually has very little football intelligence but gets paid to say things.

Disagree.....I think he acknowledges the genius(who doesn't?) but they have gotten into it.....he knows the conference I follow the most let us say that.

He entertains the same callers and that gets boring and he focuses on a certain conference...I get why you wouldn't like it.
But he knows what he talks about as far as the SEC as far as I can tell.

He entertains the same callers and that gets boring and he focuses on a certain conference...I get why you wouldn't like it.
But he knows what he talks about as far as the SEC as far as I can tell.

He's Jerry Springer for college football fans

<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"> Follow</button>

Irish Illustrated@PeteSampson_
Game ends with Brian Kelly exchanging words with a Stanford strength coach. Heated exchange.

<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"> Follow</button>

Kelly said a Stanford strength coach said "bye bye" brushing past him postgame. Exchange followed. David Grimes followed him up the field.

Just horrible at the end of that game. He has to know his players better. He has to know Deshone Kizer is a moron and tell him over and over again to not be tackled with the ball. Then when Kizer is tackled with the ball, and he yells at him about it ... he needs to say a sixth time, don't be tackled with the ball. Team is slow, stupid, and filled with pretty boys who don't want to play football. That is on Kelly for finding the 4 star guys who suck, the ones who play qb who cannot be trusted to turn the gas on the stove off, the defensive lineman who is gonna get pushed backward three yards, the defensive back who is going give wide receivers huge cushions and then not have the ability to come up and make the tackle, the offensive lineman who was recruited by both notre dame and the American Matador Association, the wide receiver who does everything well but is unable to catch a football and a punter that cannot clear the butt of his blockers. Shame on Kelly for recruiting shitty players. There is no excuse for that.

Does Kizer have ability in another sport? He might want to try that .... there are QB's who have the "It" factor ..... whatever the opposite of that is, Kizer has it.

the offensive lineman who was recruited by both notre dame and the American Matador Association

:rofl:

Game ends with Brian Kelly exchanging words with a Stanford strength coach. Heated exchange.

Kelly said a Stanford strength coach said "bye bye" brushing past him postgame. Exchange followed. David Grimes followed him up the field.

That was strength coach whom Kelly shoved during a game last year when strength coach was at Notre Dame I believe. LOL

Back