Break out the shades - Rod's NBA Saturday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
The Heat is on!!!!!!

Heat -4 over Pacers (5)

Pacers have been overachieving this season IMO given this is a team that was supposed to in a rebuilding phase but currently coming 6th in the East. However this is a tough spot for them, they are playing a fierce rival of the past 5 seasons on a 4/5 situation, with the Heat being embarrased at home on TNT Thursday by the Wizards.

Yes I know Riley has been calling out his team all season after their mediocre efforts this season but after the Thursday game I think there was extra disappointment in his voice because of how well the Heat had played at the back end of their West Coast trip. Him and the players probably thought that they had turned the corner only to come up with a lethargic performance first game after the road trip.

Postgame script from last night:

"There's no excuses," Riley said. "There are none. I have none. The players should have none. ... Tonight, we didn't hardly even try."

I'll hit this up for more if the Pacers beat the Raptors tonight which I believe they will.

The one game that sticks out to me for Saturday as well. Just waiting hoping the Pacers drop 115 on Toronto tonight.

I normally do not bet NBA Rod, but noticed that the Bucks are 8 point favorites tomorrow night on the back end of the road/home b2b games. I know Minny is pretty awful on the road, but the eight points seem to be a couple too many for me. Do you have any thoughts on it?

Sorry to see this. Will be playing Indiana 50-50 split points and ml. Expect it to hit 5.5 by game time.

I normally do not bet NBA Rod, but noticed that the Bucks are 8 point favorites tomorrow night on the back end of the road/home b2b games. I know Minny is pretty awful on the road, but the eight points seem to be a couple too many for me. Do you have any thoughts on it?

Bucks are very strong at home and that 2h tonight they were going through the motions probably in readiness for tomorrow. Redd was also a non factor tonight leading me to believe he shows up tomorrow. Wolves playing their 4th in 5 nights as well, tougher mentally for the younger squads.

Bucks by DD IMO :cheers:

Heat = :hang: Congrats to Pacers backers.

First time I bet on the Heat this season, live and learn I suppose. I hate to have seen them play a rested Pacers team :prayer

Heat = :hang: Congrats to Pacers backers.

First time I bet on the Heat this season, live and learn I suppose. I hate to have seen them play a rested Pacers team :prayer

Still not over, but I feel ya on the heat. I ended up playing the over, but I might as well be flipping coins with Heat games. All I really know now is that their defense is atrocious. They played great D without Wade but since then they've quit trying. They had just as good a chance to win this one by 20 as lose by 20. If they can't beat the Pacers on a B2B with the Pacers off their biggest collapse of the season then forget it. I think we all, me as much as anybody, get to focused on the names on the front of the jersey. It's looking more and more like the Heat deserve their last place standing.

Still not over, but I feel ya on the heat. I ended up playing the over, but I might as well be flipping coins with Heat games. All I really know now is that their defense is atrocious. They played great D without Wade but since then they've quit trying. They had just as good a chance to win this one by 20 as lose by 20. If they can't beat the Pacers on a B2B with the Pacers off their biggest collapse of the season then forget it. I think we all, me as much as anybody, get to focused on the names on the front of the jersey. It's looking more and more like the Heat deserve their last place standing.

It wasn't even the B2b that pushed me to make the play, it was more the fact that they were playing predominately a jump shooting team who were playing their 4th game in 5 nights. I watched them first hand torch the Suns over here and then look at this performance tonight and shake my head.

But you are right its time to see past the names on the back of the singlets and look at the numbers this team has put up so far this season. Should also be interesting to see if any of the current rifts within the team surface over the next couple of months.

This is a shitty period for NBA capping Rod, I have seen very few that are actually making the dough in the last month or so...

You will get back on track, that's a lock right there.

GL :shake:

I had the Heat ML, and I am still pissed that it lost.

Indiana playing 4/5, showing signs of falling apart in the previous game.
The Heat at home with Wade healthy, having shown progress lately, a huge motivational spot.

How could Heat lose SU, that is sick, this was a game they should have won and covered.

Back