Bowl Question

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
It's December 4th. Why in the world would anyone post plays on games that are 3 to 4 weeks away? Bowl season isn't anything new to us. Nobody cares or will tail anything this early, especially with no writeup as to why. Relax

Last edited:
Only reason I can think of is to bet early and take advantage of a soft line or two. Then it is natural to post what you have played. As for me, I will take a little time to chill out, then study matchups, and eventually make my decisions. Yes, I may miss some soft numbers but I'm not that smart to anticipate which way lines will move. I bet on game days when 5dimes lowers their juice.

Get the lines and post them now, or post the number you played on 3-4 weeks from now and get called out for posting a line that is not available. Each members choice. I choose the first to be transparent. Most are already crunching numbers that have season averages once the matchups are announced. Granted some of the numbers could go against me with off the field issues, but that is the chance I chose to take. This is a discussion board, so I am sure people will discuss. Just posting numbers as they are locked in. No different than any normal betting week.

For someone with the username 'wiseplayer', not sure why you would question the wisdom of jumping on (and posting) opening lines...

Everyone can do what they want isn't worth a reply. Not 1 person will tail posting this early. How about at least a writeup if posting this early?

I mainly do it because I think the line may go against me so locking in those early plays otherwise agree best to wait as lots can happen in 3-4 weeks with college kids as usually several major legal run ins or suspensions

Anyone have time frame when lines for all bowl games will be out?

Spreads are out at almost all offshores, still not full boat at Pinny and nothing at Bovada yet. Looks like most in Vegas dropped them this afternoon. Totals should come sometime tomorrow, I think.

Middle Tenn St/Hawaii line? Army / N texas line? Anyone see

Likely won't be one for Army and Navy bowls until after the play Sat. 5dimes opened all the bowls Sunday and had MTSU -2.5 but have since taken it down. I think that one will prob be closer to actual game time because Stockstill may come back, his back up was injured too and they just ran the wildcat the whole game against FAU and scored 77 lol

I used to try and grab lines ASAP. That is wrong imo nowadays and has been for awhile. It's injury and suspension season plus coaching changes. Just not worth it.

Back