Bowl Hedge Help Please

EDuke87

Sorry to ruin all the Bowl talk today but would one of you esteemed folks help me out here. I have the following 7-team parlay (I know, sucker bets) but I have 6 of 7 correct with the Orange Bowl left.

I have VaTech +120 remaining with Cincinnati -140 available currently. Obviously I will try to get the best number possible but could someone let me know what my hedge bet should be? (I should hedge . . . right??)

Thanks all. Let's wrap up this bowl season right.

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="650"><tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap">12/31/2008 12:57 PM </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> Parlay </td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> $20.00 </td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> $2,348.11 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"> Football - 240 Vanderbilt +165 for Game
Football - 241 Minnesota U/Kansas over 59½ -110 for Game
Football - 242 Kansas -325 for Game
Football - 243 LSU +160 for Game
Football - 245 Iowa -190 for Game
Football - 248 Nebraska +105 for Game
Football - 253 Virginia Tech +120 for Game </td></tr></tbody></table>

id roll 1400 to win 1000 nice and even works out either way almost 1K guarantee on a 20 dollar play not bad

It all depends on how much you want to guarantee yourself. I would personal put a grand on Cinncy. That way your 20 wager turns into a minimum of 700 with a potential 1348 profit.

It all depends on how much you want to guarantee yourself. I would personal put a grand on Cinncy. That way your 20 wager turns into a minimum of 700 with a potential 1348 profit.

I currently have $1400 in my account. I'm a $50 unit bettor so this is obviously pretty big for me. I just want to guarantee the most return.

Also, does anyone know if I can negotiate this with my offshore. Something like canceling my bet and getting back half my money. Maybe speak to a manager.

you can't do that - just bet like 1300-1400 on cincinnati money line and you will get around 1,000 back no matter who wins. all from your original $20

Just do what i said. Don't ask them anything. If you want to guarantee around a grand lay 1300 on Cinncy ML and there you go.

Ya gotta go with 1400 to win 1000 on the Cincy ML...especially since you're a $50 a game bettor...

I'm guessing youre my age? Born in 87?

It'll be nice to be at 2,500 either way...or you can let it ride lol, this thread does make me wary of betting Va Tech though :-\

BOL bro

Oh, I agree with you. Of course, I tend to give one the benefit of the doubt when their decision process results in avatars like that.

the odds aren't against him. He basically has Va Tech 20 to win 2348. Those are very good odds. If his goal was to lock in money, he should have just played a 6 team parlay and left va tech off.

the odds aren't against him. He basically has Va Tech 20 to win 2348. Those are very good odds. If his goal was to lock in money, he should have just played a 6 team parlay and left va tech off.

oh god here we go.. sounds familiar haha

Since you are $50 bettor , just bet $100 on CIN - Either way you win more then $50

Oh well I would have $1400 more in my account if I stuck with the original but as everyone said, I have to take the cool G in that spot.

I had a similar situation a couple Sundays ago with a Carolina +140 against the G-Men hanging over me as the last play on the 5 team ML parlay. I rolled the dice and Kasey couldn't cash in for me. Lost about $500 there. Didn't wanna go through that again.

Thanks everyone. Good luck tomorrow and the rest of the way. GO FINS!! (You know my allegiance, Dolphins fan . . . +3 (+105) anyone????)

ARG..................................! I thought you ONLY WAGERING $100 on CIN !

Anyway -I'm happy for you to cashed that's 7 teamers ticket !

Good win. Well I do think the odds were against you. Whenever you hit that many games in a row the odds of you losing that last leg are great.

In this case you hit it and that is great, but just think if you didn't hedge and you lost. You were in a position to guarantee yourself a 1000 profit. For a 50 bettor that is huge.

Dude I went against my initial lean and bet Cincy cause I saw this thread :(

Mathematically the odds were against you, like LJC above me said...

Either way you won a nice boat of $$$$ thanks to the 7 teamer, congrats on the sick hit :smiley_acbe:

Back