Bowl games to go big on!

DC_DAWG FAN

Bowl Games that look good

I love TT at -5, think they SHOULD HANDLE Ole Miss. Ole Miss D not good enough to stop high powered Red Raiders O. Could get ugly.

Also like Wake to cover -3 spread vs Navy...almost always love the revenge games. Navy upset Wake early this year when the Deacons were looking ahead and ruined their season, look for Wake to get revenge in DC.

Thoughts?

TT -5 --- 6 Units LOSS
WFU -2.5 --- 5 units WON
TCU -2 --- 4 units WON
UF -3 --- 3 units

-----------------------------------
2008 NCAACFB
28-17

Last edited:
don't like TT at all. I'm on WF, though it's not a huge play for me and I like 2.5 quite a bit better than 3.

love the wake bet .. like cubsker leaning the other way with the rebels/raiders game.

gl dawg.

I feel like of all sports, I am most comfortbale with NCAAFB, and of all college football, I am most comfortable capping SEC games. I know Ole Miss can't hang with TT. Ole Miss might be the 4th best SEC team. TT wants to prove that they are still worthy of their high praise and get revenge for their loss to OK. I think TT would give my beloved Dawgs a run for their money....but Ole Miss....no chance!

Last edited:
The way Ole Miss ended the year, I would put them up against UGA tomorrow on a neutral field for #3 behind Bama and UF

ETG...are you forgetting that Ole Miss lost 4 games this season...to a weak team in a weak conference (Wake Forest) and to the doormat of the SEC (Vanderbilt). Oh, and lets not forget to throw in their loss to the lowly Gamecocks AT HOME. Finished strong? They beat LSU and Miss ST....we all know LSU was an inkling of their former selves. Sorry, I DO think they had a solid season and surprised some of us (credits to Nutt), but able to keep up with a top 10 team with a top 3 Offense? Will be ugly, guaranteed. I could be wrong, just going with gut here, and my knowledge of SEC teams.....which have not done great in the Cotton Bowl recently.

Last edited:
Wow, ETG...are you forgetting that Ole Miss lost 4 games this season...to a weak team in a weak conference (Wake Forest) and to the doormat of the SEC (Vanderbilt). Oh, and lets not forget to throw in their loss to the Gamecocks AT HOME. Finished strong? They beat LSU and Miss ST....we all know LSU was an inkling of their former selves. Sorry, I do think they had a solid season, but able to keep up with a top 10 team with a top 3 Offense? Will be ugly, guaranteed.

:36_11_6:

Please go ahead and hammer TT and drive the line up, because I guarantee it wil be anything but UGLY. Have you looked into those losses? Rebs lost by 1 to Wake on a last second FG and to Vandy because of 6 turnovers. The SC loss was just bad play. Your reason for taking TT is the squarest explanation yet for taking a line, so in your honor I just added Ole Miss as a definite play. :shake:

Wow, ETG...are you forgetting that Ole Miss lost 4 games this season...to a weak team in a weak conference (Wake Forest) and to the doormat of the SEC (Vanderbilt). Oh, and lets not forget to throw in their loss to the Gamecocks AT HOME. Finished strong? They beat LSU and Miss ST....we all know LSU was an inkling of their former selves. Sorry, I do think they had a solid season, but able to keep up with a top 10 team with a top 3 Offense? Will be ugly, guaranteed.

What is Tex Tech's motivation for this game? Obviously you hope they want to win but really.....they go from #1 in a matter of weeks to a bowl game with Ole Miss? Not saying I disagree with you just trying to figure out if TT will show up or come out flat.

Ramble On, I respect your decision to take Ole Miss. But honestly, I think TT has plenty of motivation. They were flying high until that late season embarassnment against OK. I think they want to prove that the win over TEX wasnt a fluke. This is also the last game for Harrell-Crabtree connections and TD's....love that sentimental edge!

Last edited:
My bowl game philosopy:
Who has more motivation?
Better coach?
Better QB?
More experienced players?
Better record and in tougher conference?
Also, game being played IN Texas......20 mins from Harrell's home town!
All these lead me to TT in this game

The Rebels gave up 17.8 points per game this season (in a conference that was known more for their Defensive prowess this year) -- 15th in the nation -- but slowing down Harrell and Crabtree, and an offense that puts up a 44.6 points per game will be extremely difficult.

My bowl game philosopy:
Who has more motivation?
Better coach?
Better record and in tougher conference?
All these lead me to TT in this game

The Rebels gave up 17.8 points per game this season (in a conference that was known more for their Defensive prowess this year) -- 15th in the nation -- but slowing down Harrell and Crabtree, and an offense that puts up a 44.6 points per game will be extremely difficult.

TRUST ME when I tell you Ole miss will be more highly motivated. Texas Tech, as has been said, drops from #1 to a bowl game with a mid-tier SEC team and they're gonna play their hearts out here? Ole Miss has been FIGHTING to get to a bowl game for a long time now and these guys are gonna play their hearts out dude, no question about it. Last team with the ball wins this game. Not saying it will be Ole Miss but come on man, a blowout? Give me a break.

Texas Tech has opportunity to complete the winningest season in school history in a year it achieved its highest-ever ranking.

Maybe I pushed it when I said it would be a blowout...but I think it could be a 7-10 pnt win for the Red Raiders

Ramble, give up brother. He's made up his mind. Besides, don't you WANT to see more posts like his leading up to the game?

I have to agree with my boy Ramble here. Ole Miss finished the regular season as one of the hottest teams in the SEC, and the entire country.

Tough to fade a team playing so well to end the season. By no means am I smashing on TT, but the Rebels were peaking on both sides of the ball just a few weeks ago.

Ramble, give up brother. He's made up his mind. Besides, don't you WANT to see more posts like his leading up to the game?

Yeah, just trying to give the other side. I'm in no way saying Ole Miss is a lock, don't get me wrong. The matchups are actually in favor of TT as far as passing attack vs. our DB's goes. But anyone thinking TT is gonna break is through the air has to at least QUESTION what impact our D-line is going to have on Harrell's ability to make throw after throw. If anyone has seen our D-line play mid-way through the year on - you have missed out. Dominated LSU and MSU late in the year - and the blocked XP against Florida was what won us that game. TT has a big offensive line so I don't the Reb D-line dominating, but I see at least some hurries and some scrambles caused. I think that evens the playing field a little. Combine that with the motivational factor and TT's defense, and I see this as a back and forth game at worst.

GL to whatever you all play, but I'll be on the Rebs come January 2nd. Already have my Cotton Bowl tickets and hotel rooms booked for New Years night through January 2nd in Dallas. Gonna be a blast. :cheers:

GL Ramble. Have Fun in Dallas. Believe me I am pulling for SEC in the bowl games, just not this one. Didn't realize you were a Rebel fan....didn't mean to smash on your team. Love the Grove!

Back