Boston v Chicago Total game 2

Chadster

Been around for a while..think is time add something to the group

I have lock that in
3u under 98.5 1st half
2u under 196 game

Was reading comments and analysis and I have dig this up so far...

“We’re a better defensive team” than they showed in Game 1, Rivers said. “We’re going to win because of our defense and, if we get more stops, Ray will get more shots and he’ll get more shots in rhythm” since the Bulls will have less time to set up their defense.

“Everybody has their night,” Boston center Kendrick Perkins said Sunday. “I know it won’t happen again. He’ll never have another game like that against us.”

“You’ve got to be angry. It’s the playoffs and we were at home,” Perkins said. “I’m going to be mad all the way up until (Monday), until after we get the win.”

“I hope this is a wake-up call,” said Paul Pierce, who scored 23 points. “I hope we realize that the Bulls, they’re not just a team that’s happy to be in the playoffs. So hopefully the guys will wake up and realize this is reality. We’ve better come to play.”

From above, I think Boston will at least come out hard and strong on defence and at least try to get Rose off the ball a bit more....

GL

played the under in game one..... thanks to pierce clanking that FT for the ot moose i dont think i can do it again, but lean that way

GL

Just another quote from Rondo that I feel is important to the total:

“I probably gambled less (Saturday), but I shouldn’t have gambled at all,” the point guard said. “I don’t need to reach as much. I just have to try to keep the ball in front of me and make him take contested 2’s, the elbow shot. He made a couple (Saturday), but if he makes those, then my hat’s off to him. But as a team I think we just need to make him see five (Celtic) guys on the floor.”

welcome chadster. I was amazed by Rondo going for steals which ended up with him gettin crossed often that game- esp in the clutch. Will find ways to get with oyu on this one, but another bet that u seem to be implying is Chicago TT OVER 94. All these quotes are pointing at Boston playing with intensity on D and that they're pissed off. Who's to say we don't see a 112-87 final making u had predicted a Boston defense showing, but losing your bet
BOL

SF_capper,

'Who's to say we don't see a 112-87 final making u had predicted a Boston defense showing, but losing your bet'

Understand where you are coming from mate, and that scoreline could definitely be true. But whose to say Bull aren't going to turn up and play D as well. Bulls interior D isn't so bad with Thomas, Noah and Miller, they can sure guard Powe, Davis and Perkins. Tomorrow could either be Bulls with a massive letdown, or are still riding on a high.....I just got this feeling they will still come out to play with the champ again.

:shake: Was just saying from the quotes you provided that you expected an extreme Boston effort and didn't want you to be dissapointed with a blowout over. I personally think the TT under for Chicago is better as I can see Boston being determined on both ends. Also, Boston just put up 98 in regulation DESPITE Ray allen clanking wide open 3s. BOL again to both of us. Hopefully Chicago just puts up 65 and this discussion proves useless :shake:

:shake: Was just saying from the quotes you provided that you expected an extreme Boston effort and didn't want you to be dissapointed with a blowout over. I personally think the TT under for Chicago is better as I can see Boston being determined on both ends. Also, Boston just put up 98 in regulation DESPITE Ray allen clanking wide open 3s. BOL again to both of us. Hopefully Chicago just puts up 65 and this discussion proves useless :shake:

:cheers:

rondo and rose are too quick, too fast. These coaches are not going to change the style of these twos because that's what they do best. these guards will push the ball up the court to try to get the transitional game rolling since both teams don't have good post up players. bulls will challenge perkin and davis to take those open shots and I'm sure they have been practicing those mid range jumpshots in the last couple days.

IMO I think the coaches will make major defensive adjustments, and not allow Rose to play the pick n roll that aggressively, the screeners man will play Rose aggressively rather than allow him to pull up for a jumper or allow Rondo to recover. Its probably the same tactic Chi will use versus Rondo only, he will be allowed to shoot jump shots rather than take the ball to the hole.

Under looks nice...

BULLS

Derrick Rose joined some select company, to say the least. By scoring 36 points in Saturday's Game 1 victory at Boston, he tied the NBA record for most points by a rookie in his playoff debut.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar also scored 36 for Milwaukee in 1970. Wilt Chamberlain (35 points) and Tim Duncan (32 points) round out the top four.
"I didn't know about the record," Rose said. "I just thought about it like I was playing a regular game."
Rose ended up hitting 12 of 19 shots and added 11 assists. He hit two clutch free throws with 9.4 seconds left in regulation to give the Bulls a one-point lead. He didn't score in overtime and eventually fouled out with 10 seconds left.
"His 11 assists were more impressive than his 36 points, just because when he is making plays like that, the flow of our team is so much better," coach Vinny Del ***** said. "I thought he really picked his spots well tonight."
When asked if this game sort of was a coming-out party for Rose, Del ***** answered with a blunt negative.
"We've been on national TV all year," he said. "If people aren't familiar with Derrick, then they're not basketball fans. The kid has been just phenomenal all season."
Game 2 is set for Monday at the TD Banknorth Garden. Coincidentally, that night will be the 23rd anniversary of Michael Jordan's playoff-record 63-point game in Boston. Jordan wore No. 23, it's the 23rd anniversary — the timing couldn't be better.
The Celtics vowed to bring more energy at the start of Game 2, while the Bulls felt their 1-0 series lead would be a confidence-builder.
"We've just got to keep our composure and stay humble and stay hungry and I think good things will happen for this team," center Joakim Noah said. "Coming out with the win (Saturday) is definitely good for our confidence."
BULLS 105, CELTICS 103 (OT): Thanks in large part to a historic playoff debut by guard Derrick Rose, the Bulls pulled off a stunning overtime victory against defending champion Boston in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series at TD Banknorth Garden. Rose scored 36 points and added 11 assists before fouling out with 10 seconds left in overtime. The Bulls led by as many as 11 points in the third quarter and caught a break at the end of regulation when Boston forward Paul Pierce missed the second of two free throws with 2.6 seconds left, leaving the game tied. Rose had put the Bulls in front 97-96 by knocking down two clutch free throws with 9.4 seconds left. In overtime, forward Tyrus Thomas scored six of the Bulls' eight points, including a 21-foot jumper with 50.5 seconds left that proved to be the game-winner. Guard Rajon Rondo led the Celtics with 29 points.
NOTES, QUOTES
—The Bulls were quick to heap praise on teammate Derrick Rose after the rookie guard scored 36 points in Saturday's Game 1 victory at Boston. "I'm not going to say I'm surprised. I know he's capable of doing it," forward John Salmons said. "He put the team on his back today."
Added center Joakim Noah, "The kid is special. He's such a good player, but to me, he's such a good guy. People always talk about his character first. It's true. Nobody's lying about that. If you spent some time with him, he's a cool kid. I'm proud to be teammates with that guy."
A popular topic at the start of the Bulls-Celtics series was the longtime friendship between Tyrus Thomas and Boston forward Glen Davis. The two met in grade school, grew up together in Baton Rouge, then were LSU teammates. They'll end up matched against each other for much of this series. Thomas attended most of Boston's home playoff games last year as Davis' guest.
"That's one of my best friends," Thomas said. "We grew up together. We've got stories between us. There were times when we'd be doing interviews in college and he'll finish my sentence or I'll finish his. That's my guy."
QUOTE TO NOTE: "The champions made a run at it in that third quarter and he came down calm, collected and just hit shot after shot, kept us in the game." — Forward John Salmons, on Derrick Rose's 36-point playoff debut at Boston on Saturday.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Derrick Rose, Shooting guard Ben Gordon, Small forward John Salmons, Power forward Tyrus Thomas, Center Joakim Noah. Bench — Guard Kirk Hinrich, Guard Lindsey Hunter, Guard Anthony Roberson, Guard DeMarcus Nelson, Forward Tim Thomas, Forward Linton Johnson, Center Aaron Gray, Center Brad Miller.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Ben Gordon scored 20 points in the Game 1 win at Boston, but they came in bunches. He tallied seven points in the first five minutes of the contest, then managed just three free throws until scoring 10 points in the final 4:32 of the fourth quarter.
—C Joakim Noah made his playoff debut on Saturday against the Celtics and stepped up to help the Bulls hold their own inside. He grabbed a game-high 17 rebounds and blocked three shots.
—G Kirk Hinrich hasn't been able to snap out of a recent shooting slump. He hit 1 of 4 shots against Boston in Game 1 and is 2-for-16 in the last three games.
MEDICAL WATCH:
—F Luol Deng (right tibia contusion) has been out since Feb. 28. A variety of doctors agreed that Deng has a tiny break in tibia that could be the early stages of a stress fracture. The Bulls announced on April 9 that he won't return this season unless the Bulls reach the second round of the playoffs.
—C Jerome James (torn Achilles tendon) was already out for the season when he joined the Bulls in a trade from New York on Feb. 19. Considering James played in four games the last two seasons for the Knicks, the Bulls clearly are not expecting many contributions.

CELTS

The uncertainty has ended for the Celtics, who decided to face the playoffs without Kevin Garnett.
The star forward has been in and out of the team's plans the last few weeks, depending on the condition of his right knee at the latest workout.
According to coach Doc Rivers, the decision to pull the plug was made after watching Garnett try to run Thursday morning.
"Once he got on the court, honestly I could have stopped him after the first step," said Rivers, whose team meets the Bulls in Game 2 Monday.
"But it was really surprising, because last week we all saw him running up and down. I felt great. He was going to come back and he looked really good. I mean, REALLY good. He actually sprinted, and you thought, 'OK, we're going to be good.' But when he felt a little soreness, we were told that was just natural, so we figured we'd just wait. That's why we held him out a little longer.
"Two weeks ago I was concerned, and last week I wasn't concerned. And then, bam."
Rivers is saying Garnett will miss the entire postseason, but he didn't close the door entirely.
"Yeah, I mean, there's a minute chance," said the coach. "I don't think there's a chance in hell he plays again this year, but he's going to keep doing treatment, so I guess there is a chance. But if I were a betting man, I would bet the bank that Kevin Garnett doesn't play this year. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it is right now."
BULLS 105, CELTICS 103 (OT): Derrick Rose tied the NBA record for most points by a rookie in his first playoff game, leading the Bulls to a 1-0 lead over the Celts in their first-round series.
Rose made 12 of 19 shots on the way to 36 points Saturday afternoon in Boston, tying the mark set by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, then known as Lew Alcindor.
Still, it was the Celtics' game to win when Paul Pierce stepped to the free throw line with 2.6 seconds left in regulation. He tied it by making the first, then caught iron with the second.
The Bulls had no timeouts left.
Tyrus Thomas hit three jumpers in overtime, and the Celts went scoreless for the last 1:35.
"We put ourselves in a hole," said coach Doc Rivers, whose team trailed by nine at halftime. "And honestly, guys, I thought we did it as much as they did it."
NOTES, QUOTES
—General manager Danny Ainge, who suffered a minor heart attack Thursday, is recovering well and was expected to be released from the hospital as early as Sunday.
Ainge was taken to the hospital that morning and had surgery to repair a blocked artery. By the end of that day, he was communicating with team personnel, telling them not to worry.
The news certainly rocked the Celts.
"It was awful," said coach Doc Rivers. "He was going into surgery and you're scared, you're worried. So it hit me hard because of that and it hit me hard because he's my friend and it hit me hard because he's my age. It was just scary for me — scary for everybody.
"Obviously, it was great when we found out he was all right."
—Ray Allen plans to appeal his one-game suspension without pay for striking Cleveland's Anderson Varejao in the groin April 12. Allen wasn't satisfied with a conversation he had with NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson.
"He really didn't give me a great explanation, or one that I thought rationalized why I was suspended and there was no infraction on the other guy," Allen said. "So I just have to deal with it. We'll file a grievance. I felt as though it was unjust, but I can't do anything about it."
As for Jackson's explanation, according to Allen, "He said that it looked like I hit him in the groin and that hitting a player in the groin is an automatic suspension. But if the guy didn't cringe or he didn't bowl over, obviously I didn't hit him (in the groin). It was just my reaction of being thrown to the ground.
"It wasn't intentional," Allen added. "I said my track record is one that hasn't (done things) of that nature. I thought all those things should have been taken into account, and obviously they weren't."
QUOTE TO NOTE: "Who are you going to blame? Nobody's lacing them up but us." — Kendrick Perkins, after the Game 1 loss to Chicago.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Rajon Rondo, Shooting guard Ray Allen, Small forward Paul Pierce, Power forward Glen Davis, Center Kendrick Perkins. Bench — Guard Eddie House, Guard/Forward Tony Allen, Center Mikki Moore, Guard Stephon Marbury, Forward Leon Powe.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Ray Allen had a rough opener. He went 1-for-12 from the floor and didn't take a shot in overtime until he missed a jumper from the right corner at the buzzer. According to coach Doc Rivers, the fact Allen had to chase Ben Gordon at the other end of the floor took away from his offense.
—F Leon Powe had eight points and eight rebounds in 17 minutes Saturday, but he and the rest of the Boston bench went 5-for-19 from the floor.
—F Brian Scalabrine has been doing one-on-one drills with full contact. There is a chance he could play in this series.
MEDICAL WATCH:
Brian Scalabrine is day-to-day with post-concussion syndrome.
Kevin Garnett (sore right knee) is being listed by the team as day-to-day, but coach Doc Rivers has said he is out for the season.

Thought both teams shot like shit in game 1. Allen & Pierce 9-33, 2-11 from 3. Gordon & Salmons 12-33, 1-10 from 3. Neither team has enough inside presence on defense to shut down the dribble penetration of Rose and Rondo, so I see a lot of drive-collapse the D-kickout to open 3s today, and this time I'll bet they go down. I see Boston getting over 100, something like 105-97 for a final, maybe 112-92 if Bulls decide a split was good enough. Either way I like the over.

i've been leaning under in this one, so great to see those quotes...

i think sf capper makes some good points on bostons focus - bulls not a great d

that tt under for the bulls might be the way to go - thanks guys !

The Celtics players sound like they are in denial. It's all well and good to look at the film of the first game and say they will stop Rose but I'm not so sure they can just flick on a switch and do it.

rondo and rose are too quick, too fast. These coaches are not going to change the style of these twos because that's what they do best. these guards will push the ball up the court to try to get the transitional game rolling since both teams don't have good post up players. bulls will challenge perkin and davis to take those open shots and I'm sure they have been practicing those mid range jumpshots in the last couple days.

You got it nailed down there mate....Tough day for me. :shake:

thanks for your opinions guys.

Both teams shot great. Bulls 70 percent in 2nd qtr. Not much you can do there. Plus Gordon and Ray were just unconscious in the 2nd half.

Back