boston-oak Wednesday

Seabass

Pretty much a regular
Guys Harden is my favorite player in the entire league...but...I think Boston is once again undervalued at -109.

Lester is on the bump for the Sox and I realize you guys probably don't have a ton of faith in him, but Oakland has a lefty heavy lineup which bodes nicely for Lester (yea sure they will stack it, but they will prefer to face RHP this year).

But the real reason that I find them undervalued is this: Street just threw 2IP and is probably short on confidence. Alan Embree threw 1.1. Hell even Lenny Dinardo had to face a batter or two, and he wasn't stretched out that much late in ST. Harden is injury prone and they are NOT going to extend him much past 80 pitches...keep in mind its still kinda Spring Training...which leaves the question, who on earth is going to pitch for the A's?

Not to mention, keep in mind that Matsuzaka pretty much pitched as poorly as he could have, and the A's still only scraped 2 runs against him.

It pains me to bet against Harden, but 2.18 units to win 2 on the Sox...

Totally agree with you. I came home right now and I saw the line on Red Sox. I was watching first game. Oakland had big chance to win first game, they had 4-3 in last ininng and they didn't win. This will be first regular season game for Harden since when? Yes, he could be good (or not-we don't now yet), but also Lester is young and talented and he has better lineup, also better bullpen.
We'll see. I will probably take Red Sox. Not sure yet.

Good luck with your pick.

My first bet of the year is on Boston game 2, listed.

Small, these Japan games are bullshit. But I agree, good value, Harden's gotta beat me at least once, fucking stranger.

I wanted to take Oakland in this game but I simply can't here, was expecting a better price but as you already mentioned, the bullpen for the A's after Harden departs after 5 should be interesting, not exactly what I want my money riding on. I will look for spots to go against Lester this year, not crazy about him 1 bit but I think he is backable at this price

DO NOT rule out the possibility of Harden tossing beautifully for about 1-2/3 and not feeling right, exiting. Biggest pussy west of J.D. Drew.

DO NOT rule out the possibility of Harden tossing beautifully for about 1-2/3 and not feeling right, exiting. Biggest pussy west of J.D. Drew.

Think its the opposite, honestly---he pitches through pain and ends up hurting himself worse...

This amounts to a contract year for him though, so if you think he's a pussy, this is the year to man up...

Who doesn't pitch through pain?

It's an unnatural thing to do, throw hard and often. No doctor can figure out what was actually wrong with him last year. 9 times out of 10, that's a pussy.

Just feel the motivation edge at both pitcher and clubhouse is with the A's here. Red sox bats and A's bats did not look great to me in game 1 and Harden has been pitching well in the spring. Certainly agree with you that if Harden cant go 6 or 6plus that the A's bullpen will be tested ... but again after blowing a late lead from the bullpen i see some extra motivation here from that group as well. A's dont want to travel all the way to japan and come out with nothing and this is the game where they will have the clear edge at pitcher. i expected A's -112 , so i think the line actually has value with oakland despite a short number involving one of the best teams in the game.

i have the under too ..... so if you are right , and the bosox win this puppy, can you atleast make it a 1-0 ????

Back