Boston Celtics over/under

thats a shitload of wins, as long as KG comes back and there are no significant injuries and they aren't in a spot at the end of teh season where they give starters rest i think you stand a legitimate shot of obtaining that.

Thanks Frank,
I agree if Detriot can stay competive which I think they will it will force the celtics to play the string out for home court.

27-5 will be tough, but its doable. the key is for detroit to keep rolling and make boston earn the #1 seed.

its crucialthat KG come back right after the ASG. They open up with a road trip @denver, @GS, @phoenix @ port and @ clipps.

Tough call there.

I hope they obtain that as a Detroit fan. The best thing that happened to Boston so far this year is KG getting hurt. Doc is overexpending these guys so far this year going back to pereseason. I hope they play out very game till the last one. Please. Nothing left in the tank come playoffs.

celtics really F'd up playing ray ray as much as they did. there's no reason to play for the title in november.

"When I left (Seattle) the doctor there told me that he didn't want me to go to training camp and he didn't want me to play back-to-back (nights) starting the season off," Allen said. "The team had a relationship with the trainers, and the doctor, so they knew what the prognosis was - that I would have to ease into it.

"But then when I was traded, with all the excitement and everything that I was doing, I just came here getting ready to play a season. There was no way I was going to come in and say, 'I can't play. I am not going to training camp.' And then, 'I'm not playing back-to-backs.' I was just going to take it day-by-day and see how I felt."

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/x939366007

12 of Boston's next 19 games are road games (incl. 2 x 5 game trips), 10 vs the West (incl. some brutal B2Bs - DEN/GSW, SAS/HOU).

I think they'll lose 5 of those road games alone.

I was actually thinking about how many wins they'd finish with yesterday and I came up with 64-66 so I think you have a shot but it'll be close. What kind of odds did you get?

i think they fall somewhere in the 61-63 range

theyve already played the easy part of their schedule

alot of tough games against the west left

Miss the boat on the Celtics, I think at the beginning of the year, they were O/U 55 or something. They got a shot though, better hope KG doesn't miss anymore time though

Actually I think the O/U at the beggining of the year was 49.5.

Betcrimes come on I'm a big fan of yours but your wayyy off if you think they lose 5 of the 19 rads games.

probably should of posted this before making the bet the homer in me might of got the best of me thanks everyone for the responses

chancedog - potentially going 14-5 is still a .736 winning percentage. The fact that you "scoff" at such a number just reflects how Boston's overperforming to this point has inflated expectations about what is possible for them.
They have a .820 winning percentage (41-9) to this point, and I see that dipping considerably before the end of the season. Overuse of core players plus the toughest of all their road games (sans Detroit) coming up playing into that assertion.

:hang:MEDIccccccc !!!!

I was hoping to lower the number with my friend through some picks or manuvers but the wheels are comming off quickly. We go HTH many nights picking back in forth one game at a time. Last night for example 1st 7 picks were loses out of 11 (3-7-1 two of these wins for me were loses on his part). I was gonna list them but whats the sense
I 'am getting spanked badly 4 nights in a row dating back to before the allstar game, fuck I hate losing:down2:

I'll take the push at 66 never got the number lowered, but since last post up 47 units :smiley_acbe:

Last edited:
^ Not at all BetCrimes (well..maybe not NOT at all...but VERY unlikely)...it would make sense if the Big 3 were exerting themselves night in and night out (the past few games), but they weren't

Don't worry about KG breaking down, because we all know about his legendary workouts and passion...he's probably the only one on the team that was playing at 100% the last week or so of the season to be completely honest...

As far as the rest of the guys? They haven't played a full game in awhile...wait until the playoffs come back to Boston...there will be NO let up

If anything, Boston is the one team that HAS been able to rest (other than the Pistons)...I see absolutely no reason why one should think they could break down, but to each his own

chancedog - I thought you were a little crazy when I first saw this post a few months ago, I'll admit it lol...but I sure as hell was rootin for 70 wins this year...maybe next year ;)

Only strange thing about Celtics is they were 27th out of 30 in turnovers. I cant find the stat to back it up but thats what I heard during a game on the radio last week. anyone with thoughts why? All other teams with losing records below the celtics.
Betcrimes I disagree celtic players have been getting their rest and the bench is better for the experience. I think Rivers has done a nice job this year .
CapSlap thanks man Celtics having a great year looking forward to a LAKER/CELTIC finals:popcorn:

Back