Bos @ LA...time to place a big bet

Phillyroom

Pretty much a regular
Bos @ LA...time to place a big bet..one more added

It has been a shitty month...but I am looking forward to this game...my thinking is that LAL will open up at -1/pk or so...and I expect the line to end around +2 before game time...So jump on it....I'll take BOS -3 if needed..LAL have revenge thinking and if this was a few weeks ago...I would have had no problem thinking that they had a good shot...however right now..BOS looks great and the Lakers are in a down spin...Putting 1/2 my bankroll on the line..

1. BOS +2 $4500

:tiphat:

2. Cle Team total over 103 $1000

Last edited:
Why would you risk half your bankroll on any bet? It's your money, but seems like a dumb move to me, regardless of the bet itself. About the bet, Lakers will probably win this as this is much much more important game for them and at Staples Center not that easy to win, including Boston themselves that in the Finals won one of the three games only.

Part of the the tailspin says, the Lakers have been looking forward to this game for the past month.

I initially thought the Celtics are going to lay a smackdown on Christmas Day but now for some reason I am thinking the Lakers are the one to do it to the C's and stop their streak at the same time.

Game means more to the Lakers I feel than the C's but will see I suppose.

what do you think will be the line Tuck?
I think it would be +1 to Boston or +2 top. Can't see it being by more than a possesion...

No, no way! Lakers +4 at home? Can't believe we will see that. It would be awsome!!!

LAL +4 to +6 at home? talk about a nice Christmas present. not a chance in hell the line is that though

In the area of Lakers plus 4 to 6.

+6? Lakers would be +12 to +14 in Boston? Sort of like Philly tonight?

Way off there.

Celtics are probably 2-3 possessions better on nuetral... minus a point for revenge... and 2 possessions for home... Lakers +1.5 or a small + money ML is your line people.

i could see LAL anywhere from -1 to +1.5. I'd set this line under the current circumstances with Revenge/current play/etc. at Bos -4 on a neutral court. So with it being in LA I could def see a LA -1 out there.

also if LA is a dog in this one, even a slight one you gotta think that alot of Sucker money will be coming in on LA based solely on the logic that is will be the spot where the C's win streak ends. I just don't think LA at +money would get equal action, hence why I think they are slight favs

I'm gonna say the lakers will be a bigger favorite then what you guys are thinking. I think it will open at around LAL -3 and maybe get beat down to -2.

People just love betting on the lakers. They absolutely would not adjust the spread last year in the finals. The lakers kept opening at -7.5 to -9.5 at home and even were laying 1.5 IN Boston in game 2.

Regardless of how both teams have played the past few weeks, no way is LA a dog in LA. The Lakers are still the favorite to win the championship over Boston, so that should tell you something about what vegas thinks of both teams. Part of that might be becuase Boston has to get by Cleveland to get there, but LAL won't have a cake walk through the playoffs either.

I am pretty damn sure the lakes will be favored by 1 - 2.5; and i would be on the lakes as long as public was slamming boston which i fully expect.

IF boston is favored by a point or two then i believe the public would hit the lakes and i would prolly be on boston.

i am thinking the revenge factor may be overlooked. i know everyone knows about it and such but i think it will be a deciding factor. i don't consider most regular season revenge unless a shit team blows out an awesome team, especially if it was recent. playoff revenge is much more motivating.

i am hoping to see Boston as a dog.

...i will die and go to heaven to have no VIG on a Celtics ML play

Right now all depends of Kobe Bryant and it's not enough to beat the Celtics in current form, in my opinion...Boston or no bet for me

Philly best of luck, whatever you decide:cheers:

Hold up. Sorry mind slip here. Was making what I thought was a hyper conservative estimate for a game at Boston. This game in LA means my numbers are way off. Forget I said a word while I rethink this.

He said he thought it was @ Boston... simple mistake.

If Lakers win tonight, this play is strong. With a loss, it loses alot of value and luster.

I think they lose tonight though... exhausted team vs. a inspired team with revenge tonight.

LAL is a public dog, ughhhhhhhhhhh

He said he thought it was @ Boston... simple mistake.

If Lakers win tonight, this play is strong. With a loss, it loses alot of value and luster.

I think they lose tonight though... exhausted team vs. a inspired team with revenge tonight.

LAL is a public dog, ughhhhhhhhhhh
:shake:

The line will open up Lakers -2.5 or 3 - maybe as high as 3.5 but I doubt it. The total will be about 204.

No opinion here - those numbers both look about what they should to me...

Other Thursday expected openers - well, what I made them...

Orlando 4/193
Phoenix 2/202
Lakers 3/205
Cleveland 16.5/193
Portland 2/194

most of them should come close to that - Portland I expect to open 3.5 or 4 ... if it's higher than that, then my only bet on Christmas Day will be on Portland...

Looks like CRIS and Greek just came out...

Orlando 4.5/191 down to 190
Phoenix 2 up to 2.5 and 203 down to 202
Lakers 1.5 (2 at Greek, 1 at Pinnacle and Jazz) and 200
Cleveland 15 (14.5 elsewhere) and 189 up to 190
Portland 4 and 193

So it looks like I will bet Lakers OVER 200 -105 small and nothing else - Dallas +5 if it pops up.

Merry Christmas...

Give me every home team besides Port and possibly Orlando. Think 5 is a bit much to give the Hornets on the road. Although ML is a better value b/c this team either covers and wins, and loses and doesn't.

good health...a lot of people saying bad to do half the bankroll but thats what most good cappers do when they strongly believe in a bet.

but i do think lakers take this one. way better lakers team than last finals. bynum is back. celtics have consistently handled teams though so anyone can make arguements for both sides. if i remember correctly you killed in the finals last year. keep it up philly

Celts did not look that great against the Hawks last week. In fact the Hawks should have won that game...

sorry man but thats why u dont put 1/2 ur bankroll on a game EVER

hope you rebound and wish you the best the rest of the year

Hope you changed your mind. Though, there have certainly been games I've put half my bankroll on and may do it again.

sorry man but thats why u dont put 1/2 ur bankroll on a game EVER

hope you rebound and wish you the best the rest of the year

z, not to be a dick to u cuz ur my friend n all... but the dude just lost a good chunk of change... he doenst need to be reminded by someone coming in and bumping his thread on the forum man

im just saying dont take this too hard, IMO there is a lesson to be learned, don't dwell on it and get back and kill the books rest of the year. sorry maybe comment seemed a little dickish but if ur gona go on a public forum saying how much u bet and its half your bankroll and are looking for advice at all then u gota be able to take some constructive criticism. im not trying to drown him in his losses, just hoping that he learns from this bet so it doesnt happen again. :cheers:

I've had similar crap happen to me in soccer, and it's particularly frustrating when it happens in the last couple minutes, but I'm sure you'll bounce back. I've tailed you many times, and you're too good a capper to let this mess up a season. GL the rest of the way.

Back