BONES WK#9

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
WK#8: 3-3

SEASON: 35-26-1

WK#9 SELECTIONS:

REDSKINS +14 1/2 (-120) L
: My comments will be brief. I have not studied the game as much as normal, but liked this from the outset and bet it. Of course, Pats can/should/will win the game, but despite their record I have liked the Skins Defensive efforts, (with exception of Bucs 1H last time out, where I had the Bucs). They rank near the middle of stats as I recall, while they near bottom against the run. Here comes blasphemy, compared to the other QBs Pats have faced this year (with exception of Big Ben) Cousins is aok. Skins coming in on a rest, Gruden imo is a good coach who it seems to me has team's support (see comeback against Bucs) and they're in a division where they're still alive. I bought the hook @ -120 and made my normal wager. I like it, understand others may not...we will see. I'm going to predict a score of 31-20 or so.

UNDER 45 Falcons/Niners W: I sticking with this and made wager at 1st opportunity. I think the reasons are obvious from Niners' efforts/ability. I'm also of opinion Falcons been over-rated offensively (which we've seen recently) and just hoping this holds true on the road this week. Since my wager it seems 60% of bettors agree, damnit.

UNDER 46 Browns/Bengals W (nail-biter):
Made this wager yesterday evening. I'd still take under 45.5. I have score @ 26-16 ish, or 28-14 or possibly 32-13. I have not looked back at posted plays and don't want to jinx myself but I have done well on Brown's games this year. If Bengals take this seriously and don't let down their D should handle Browns. I actually think there will be some inefficiency on Bengals O on Thursday night off a big win last game. On the other hand, Bengals could rip 40 pts off themselves and this is a loser. If Browns pull the upset then it should be low-scoring e.g. Steelers game last week. Postscript, forgot to mention that both games last year well under this total & has some influence on me.

ADDS

Chargers -4 L: Not time to put much thoughts, but I have this as a 7-9 Charger win. 28-20 or so

Raiders TT OVER 21 W: Been waffling on this game all week and wanted to take Steelers, then Raiders,then Over. Going to do it this way

Panthers +4.5 2H L

Teaser: Raiders/Steel Over 38.5, Skins/Pats Under 62 & Pack/Panthers Over 36.5 (1/3 usual wager...just for hell of it) W

OVER 9.5 1st QTR Giants/Tampa W

UNDER 22.5 1H BRONCOS/COLTS L
:hang:( 2nd bad Moose all season, so can't complain...but a 80 yd or so punt return TD on last play of the Half -- ONLY 2ND TIME IN 30 YEARS A HALF ENDED WITH TD PUNT RETURN)

OVER 24 2H Giants/Tampa PUSH
:embarassed: That was as lucky a push as the moose was bad @ the Broncos/Colts

Cowboys TT OVER 20 W

:shake:

Editorial:
That was a total bullshit call in MichSt Nebraska yesterday in final touchdown - ruined a good day. He was NOT forced out of bounds, he ran out of bounds and stayed there for a good long time -- bad call and bad result. TuckFexas must have been the back judge :ref4:

Last edited:
Do work Bones
thanks...and apologies for you tailing me on Lions team total last week......it was a reach and made another bet I should not have b/c it was only game on TV.....no matter how old I get, bad habits hard to break

Did my essentially final look this a.m. before work. I eliminated Titans/Saints, Fins/Bills,Jags/Jets, Packers/Panthers as games I will consider a wager on.

Current leans: Rams & Over 39.5; Steelers -4 but I might actually change my mind here - have reasons for both sides; Colts +5 (like to get 6 & probably won't); Over 48 Giants/Bucs; Chargers -4 (probably won't)

Adding Chargers -4

wanted to add Over 48 in Tampa but line popped to 49.5. Still tempted to take it (I capped game @52) but missed the number I liked

First teaser of year -- Raiders/Steelers Over 38.5, Skins/Pats Under 62 & Pack/Panthers Over 36.5.

Why I'm doing this? Hell if I know....stupid I guess. Just for fun & will keep my teaser record separate.....played for 1/3 of usual wager

Just noticed that the Team Totals I have available to me are Falcons 24.5 and Niners 17.5 = Total 42. Yet, game total is 43.5 now. I know this happens sometime, but strange here since original game total was 45.

Not going to do anything b/c of this...just curious

GL this week bones. I'm glad the majority of my money was on MSU -5.5 or I'd have been even more pissed. Such a crappy call in that game.

adding Over 9.5 1st Qtr in Giants/Tampa (may add game over or half too...thinking)

Thanks to those who stopped in 5-3-1 plus a teaser win so far this week....let's get the Chargers tomorrow

Back