BONES WK#8

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
WEEK#7: 4-3

SEASON: 32-23-1

SELECTIONS:

SHawks/Cowboys OVER 40.5 L - It seems very reasonable that Shawks & Boys both get to 20, or one team gets to 24 other to 17. "Cowboys are bad" seems to be the common wisdom. Of course they are not the same w/o Romo/Dez but they appear to put forth maximum effort. If Cassel throws ints this week it may actually help the over. In any case, I have game @ a 44-45 total score.

Cowboys +6 W
- Taking this home team with + points against what I see as an over-valued Shawks on the road. Dallas' D will pressure Wilson and cover the wideouts. I am taking this for 1/2 unit right now and will watch line to see if it moves. Hardy will take his anger out on Seattle and I think Boys keep it close. They might even get a start like they did against Falcons.

Cards/Browns OVER 46 W - Palmer, Fitzgerald, CJohnson/Ellington should score early & often. I capped game @ 30-24, but could envision a scenario where Browns get only 13-16. I actually think Cards may get 27 or so in 1H alone. Browns usually good for 20 @ home and coming off a bad loss before having division games upcoming. Cards are traveling west-east but get the "extra hour" Sunday. Maybe we get lucky and only need 14-17 after 1H. OVER 46 it is.

Packers -2.5 (-115) L - It always concerns me when I am extremely confident in a pick AND the public is too. I'm seeing now that 75% of wagers on GB. It usually makes me stay away or really reconsider....but not here. Denver is all about defense and while Peyton is a wise old QB he's not mobile and arm has deteriorated as we all know. They have no real running game and have depended on pick 6s to win a few games. But, this time its Aaron Rodgers off a bye and a formidable, and quick, GB defense. Both teams are tied for 3rd in takeaway/giveaway margin...however GB has only turned the ball over 4 times while Broncos/Peyton have thrown 11 interceptions to GB's 2 (I think both were in same game as I recall). Arguably the best/2nd best QB in all of football giving only 2.5 points. Count me in with Tom, Dick & Harry. Post Script: Excellent write-up in CDS' thread on this game. And, I do not think this line of -2.5 will be there at game time fwiw

Current Leans & Only Leans: Under 51 Thursday, Under 39.5 Niners/Rams, Lions +4, Raiders +1.5, Boys +6 & Packers -3.......i took under TNF but it won't count b/c did not post. I have decided to pass on Lions. Looking at Bengals/Steelers Under 48 and Chargers/Ravens Over 50 and Ravens -3. Possible Tampa but need line to go above 7.

Also lean Vikes, but they have not won @ Bears since 2007 as I recall.

ADDS:

Lions TT OVER 20.5 L

Bucs/Falcons Over 24 2H (-120) W

Last edited:
You sleep less than I do.

GL Bones

5 hours every night - love it when I sleep 6.

About to board a 3 hour flight -- I fall asleep as soon as they start backing away from terminal. Haven't seen a takeoff in years.

5 hours every night - love it when I sleep 6.

About to board a 3 hour flight -- I fall asleep as soon as they start backing away from terminal. Haven't seen a takeoff in years.

Man, am I jealous. I can't sleep on a plane to save my life.

adding : Lions TT Over 20.5. This may be a reach, but up early and game is going to be on. I actually think Lions going to win, but don't like all the line movement, england game etc...running with this

gl bones...like the pack too, and in terms of the boards Ive seen most everyone on the Broncos

adding : Lions TT Over 20.5. This may be a reach, but up early and game is going to be on. I actually think Lions going to win, but don't like all the line movement, england game etc...running with this
paint this a loss early

3-3 this weekend. Congrats to Broncos backers (missed most of game)

I made tonite's game a total of 47 and a 6-7 point Panther's win.

I'm going to look at a few things, but probably no bet here

GL Bones. Health on Carolina if you chose them. Played Indy last Thursday at +7.

GL on the total.

Back