BONES WK#3

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
WK#1: 5-2
WK#2: 5-4

Last week was 4-0 on posted initial selections, but went 0-3 on added halftime wagers & 1-1 on other added games.

My game plan every year is to just go with my initial 'picks' and not throw in the halftime 'bets' and other wagers I might make at last minute. Now, I remember why...again.

Here are my selections for Week #3:

Bengals TT OVER 20.5 W (if its available when I can get team totals). Long/short, Ravens D not the D of old....see last week for example. Tempted to take the Bengals plus the points, but have firmly decided I will not do so. Bengals won both games last year scoring 27 & 24 against a better D...think they will get there again.

Falcons/Cowboys OVER 44 W (nice to cover at H) Call it what you will, but this is my 'gut' selection for the week [in fact line has moved to 45 since my wager]. Atl have looked fairly potent on offense and while Boys D has improved, the fact is that their HFA has not been much and Atl can/will score imo. If Romo was playing I would think this total would be one of the higher ones this week. Not saying that Weeden = Romo (that would be stupid), but I am counting for 20-21 as a reasonable # from Boys & 26-28 from Atl. ( I know, no Romo and no Dez...so be it ). Not totally comfortable here, but going for it. (lots of good cappers disagree with me here.....they may well be correct)

Jets -2.5 L This almost seems like a trap. If it is, they got me. Philly is the team we have seen. I was/am impressed with Jets D, and for that matter like what Fitz and Marshall and a very serviceable Ivory doing on offense. Jets O line and D is last thing Philly wants to see I would think. If Philly plays like they have, this is ez winner. But, even assuming a better effort (do you think Bradford is getting better this week?) the Jets are a top defense. Like Jets coach, teams' effort and think they will kick Eagles while they are down. We shall see.

Looking at a few more, but in all likelihood will not have any more until Sunday...if at all.

:prayer

ADDED:

Jags +14.5 (-120) L

Raiders/Browns OVER 42.0 (-120 ) W

TB Bucs +4.5 2H L (Texans still very bad & TB needs a fg kicker)

S.F. TT Over 18.5 L

Chiefs TT Uver 21 W

WEEK #3 4-4

Last edited:
Added above...proceed with caution

As always,open to criticism and comment.....its helpful

Last season I shot myself in the foot so many times with half time bets. Just stay away from half time. Fight the urge.

Good luck but on the Cows/Falcons game, I think it will go under. At most, I see Dallas scoring 17 points so the wildcard is Falcons, which I see 24 points.

Amyways, always enjoy your and everyone's posts.

nice start bones...i like the jets too and agree that I'm nervous w the convenient 2.5...feel like it should be 3.5 or 4....I agree w the Ravens and the fact that they are just not the same anymore, they have issues

gl bud

ADDED:

JAGS +14.5 (-120)..... My available line was +13.5 all week & decided to take Jags @ +14 (-115) but line changed as I was placing wager. Took the extra 1/2 for -120

Still looking at these 'leans':

Browns: Keep hoping for a -3...doesn't look like it will come...was thinking Over 42 also, just moved to 42.5 here.

Chargers: Just can't pull the trigger. Still considering

Bucs: wish the +7 was still available & thinking about the Under 40.5 too

Team Totals in Chargers/Vikes, Raiders/Browns, Niners/Cards

Just got my team total numbers. Bengals were 20.5. Took it and will edit my picks above to reflect the better than I expected 1/2 point

ADDED: Raiders/Browns OVER 42 @ -120. I keep paying for my numbers today, which I don't like. I know line has moved again to 43 here. FWIW I had a 46/47 game of 26-20/21 Browns. But 23-21 either side gets this done

Gl sir.
Like the totals.
Tough luck last night vs. the Pokes. Y'all will laugh about it in a couple of years.

Gl sir.
Like the totals.
Tough luck last night vs. the Pokes. Y'all will laugh about it in a couple of years.
unreal...2 weeks in a row. But, actually I'm encouraged...if the big $$ boosters will give Strong time

Last week was 4-0 on posted initial selections, but went 0-3 on added halftime wagers & 1-1 on other added games.

My game plan every year is to just go with my initial 'picks' and not throw in the halftime 'bets' and other wagers I might make at last minute. Now, I remember why...again.

Here are my selections for Week #3:

Bengals TT OVER 20.5 W

Falcons/Cowboys OVER 44 W

Jets -2.5 L

Looking at a few more, but in all likelihood will not have any more until Sunday...if at all.

:prayer

ADDED:

Jags +14.5 (-120) L

Raiders/Browns OVER 42.0 (-120 ) W

TB Bucs +4.5 2H L (Texans still very bad & TB needs a fg kicker)

S.F. TT Over 18.5

Continuing to do the same thing & expecting different results is considered the definition of insanity, by some

While not a best day, I actually do not feel too bad about how I saw things...just pushed it too hard, again, after my initial selections. There might be a lesson here?

Back