We Must Protect Our Democracy
LAST WEEK: 7-0
SEASON: 49-35-4

TEASER: 0-1
SEASON TEASER: 1-2
(I think)

SELECTIONS:

RAIDERS -2.5 -130, WINNER
I bought the 1/2 pt. Melvin Gordon (hip) was carted off the field yesterday. The initial reports are "good" and I suppose he can play come Sunday, but we will see - I'm skeptical. Plus, Joey Bosa was removed for neck/concussion. Chargers took ass whooping Sunday @ Carolina, their season is over & I'd think they will be hesitant to risk further injury to these two if there is a Q. McCoy is on hot seat and GM refused to rule out his firing. On the other side, Carr's finger appeared to interfere with his play agst Chiefs, but I'm willing to bet he's better this Sunday. Last game was a 34-31 Raiders victory back in early October. These 2 division foes usually play close games (last 3 games won by Raiders by 3, 3 & 8). I do not like paying this much juice (and lightened up my wager a bit b/c of it). I went thru next week's schedule and this game jumped out @ me. I studied further and took this now. If line moves below -3 I'd be surprised (but I've been wrong before). I'm tempted to bet more @ -3 but & will watch what happens this week. :shake2:

Well, it only took a few hours for me to be wrong...I went in for more @ -2.5 -105

PACKERS@BEARS UNDER 41 -120:
LOSER First, thanks to Bear for his post tonight regarding the expected weather for this game. I had just taken a look @ game tonite and my predicted score was 42 (26-16 packers). I was going to look further but then saw Bear's thread re weather & looked into coldest games in NFL history (the predicted weather will potentially move this game into this group or just outside of it). I have taken UNDER 41. Of 11 coldest games in NFL only 2 went over this number. Here's link: http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/top-11-cold-weather-nfl-games-of-all-time-1.11306783

STEELERS -3 -120:WINNER I made this a 5 pt Steelers win. They've won the last three agst Cincy. Read some stats today on Steelers in cold weather which are favorable. They are on a roll and rounding into form. Took them. Sure am laying pts and high juice this week.

LIONS +4 -110:
LOSER There are some games where you think the dog has a real shot of not only covering, but winning. This is one such game for me. I'll take the points...giving confidence in Stafford a wager this week. May be my 1st Lions wager all year (my bad).

BUCS@BOYS UNDER 48 -110: WINNER Have this as a 43-45 total point game. The cold should not help, mid teens and some 14 mph N wind. (we're all human & of course Boys play in Jerry World --still taking under as that's how I have it capped)

2H OVER 24 LOSER- (I HOPE THOSE OF YOU WHO TAILED DID NOT TAKE THIS ONE) KISS YOUR SISTER BET

BILLS TT OVER 24.5 -120: WINNER I had the game as Over but hesitated. Read Lex's post in Discussion thread & agree with it.

PACKERS -3 2H -110 PUSH

RAIDERS TT OVER 26 -115 LOSER (this was a bad beat if you saw game, they happen)

PATS +.5 2H WINNER

TBBUCS +4 1H -110 LOSER

MNF: PANTHERS@SKINS UNDER 51 -110
WINNER My number is significantly lower; been looking all week to see where I am wrong. Skins win 24-21 (may still be on Panthers, not yet)

Current Leans: Bucs +7, Titans/Chiefs OVER 43.5, UNDER 51 Panthers/Skins and Panthers +4.5

Update on season totals: Won Pats Over 10.5 & Giants Over 8. Will lose Skins Under 7.5 & Iffy on Steelers Over 10.5 and very iffy on Texans Over 8.5

Last edited:
Looks like you like the road teams this week too. First time through the card I liked almost all road teams.

Looks like you like the road teams this week too. First time through the card I liked almost all road teams.
Yes & its bugging me. I am leaning Bucs & Panthers plus now Lions too. I also like Bears (they been good to me), but probably stay away from them

Cowboys play in a dome, not gonna be weather issues. Good luck today!

duh...I do not know what I was thinking. Look stupid. My only defense is that I was up in middle of night with 3 hrs sleep.

I took over 24 2h (kinda buying out of under bet...i can push on 2h and win or lose and ,lose juice or win 2h and lose juice)

Back