Bones wk#12 (bets i've made)

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
LAST WEEK: 2-4-1

SEASON: 48-36-4

TEASERS: 2-0

BETS I'VE MADE WEEK #12:

There is a big difference between the "Selections" I post each week & these "Bets I've Made." I'm not going into detail, but somewhere on CTG I explained the process I go thru capping games each week ( I think, do not 'know', that it was in a thread about 2 years ago).

I do work - right or wrong - and post my NFL "Selections." I do not post all of my bets b/c I would not want anyone to 'tail' all the choices I make with my own money each week. I also do not have time to post every bet I make. Instead,the usual weekly "selections" are (for lack of a better term ) "my best bets" based on my capping the games.

After week #11 I posted that I was taking a break. I'm an old fckr, just had the first grandchild, first daughter getting married within the next 6 weeks, big business thing going on, and I am working every weekend, etc... Thus, not real focused on NFL or anything else and cannot/will not cap the games like I normally do.

But, some of you asked me ( via pm or in last week's thread ) to post regardless -- thanks Gurv and Scopey.

OK then, see below.

I will count these "bets" for/against the 2015 record -- regardless of what happens. But, 'caveat emptor' these are not "capped" selections -- instead, they are my "bets" made on the run based on instinct and what I recall re stats and schedules etc...

Lions +1 W

OVER 45 Panthers/Boys (-120) W

Cowboys -1 (-120) L

Texans -3 W

Bengals - 8.5 W

OVER 42.5 Fins/Jets W

Niners +10.5 W

ADDS:

TB Bucs: +.5 2H L

Ravens/Browns OVER 41 W (Schaub did his expected part)
real quickly, reason for play. I capped game @ 43 which would normally be a 'no play' for me, and probably should be. But, had a good weekend and Browns get 20 @ home as a habit, and as I remember have gotten to this number in all of their victories. Ravens get 20 also and should agst this Brown D. Also, their last game was in high 50s/low 60s as I recall. Schaub @ QB for Ravens and seriously he a turnover/pick 6 machine. Also, I interpreted the comments from a Browns O lineman earlier this past week as being supportive of coach's decision to bench JFF and I think McGown will be motivated to prove he's the man. Just like the low 41, which I took before it was 41.5 last i looked. We will see.

THIS WEEK: 7-2

TEASER:

Bucs/Colts OVER 40 & Bills +10.5 L (Bucs let me down twice)

Teasers: 0-1 this week

Good Luck All -- i really would not do this --- fade material at best, but we will see:shake:

Last edited:
ADD: Cowboys -1 (-120) to bets I've made.

Too long a story, no capping for this -- reason for this bet is a hunch & a Cowboy fan I know well...lives in Houston but goes to Thanksgiving Game every year. He knows a lot re Boys...he convinced me

Reminder - this is a fade thread potential this week

Oh: Dwight thanks for stopping in and Happy Thanksgiving

You can get Cowboys ML -120 now...damn, wish I'd waited. Better bet for those who like Boys. Seeing 28% of bettors on Boys, like that

Also, Lions getting 65% of bets...do not like that

You can get Cowboys ML -120 now...damn, wish I'd waited. Better bet for those who like Boys. Seeing 28% of bettors on Boys, like that

Also, Lions getting 65% of bets...do not like that

Do or die for Cowboys. Cam newton is due for a cam newton type game. Cowboys defense can surprise you at times, and Carolina is not going to go undefeated, so this will be the game that ends the streak.

These are the games whee Vegas makes money on the public.

ADD: Cowboys -1 (-120) to bets I've made.

Too long a story, no capping for this -- reason for this bet is a hunch & a Cowboy fan I know well...lives in Houston but goes to Thanksgiving Game every year. He knows a lot re Boys...he convinced me

lesson learned here, again....might as well take a hammer and beat your own toe :Angry2:

hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

NCAA SPECIAL: Baylor Bears +1. I get Baylor plus points? Briles > Patterson. Plus, I dislike the Frogs & TCU.

Lots of people liking the 49ers. What are your thoughts on the game? Should be an auto play for a home dog +7 but still considering cause I think AZ will crush.

Lots of people liking the 49ers. What are your thoughts on the game? Should be an auto play for a home dog +7 but still considering cause I think AZ will crush.

Egg: First, hope you had a great Thanksgiving

My thoughts were/are: (1) Cards can/may crush just like you say (2) But, w/o looking it up I recall that SF historically have a pretty good home record against Cards @ SF - just did a brief look after you asked Q and my recall was correct (3) Cards have control of Division and while their coach is one of the best, this seems like the best opportunity for an 'let down week' as they are likely to have (4) Caught a little of the SF/Shawks last week and it looked like SF was still fighting and not throwing in towel (5) Division game and double digit dog @ home -- if SF has professional motivation with a team they are familiar with they have a shot @ keeping w/i 10.5 in this situation (6) I'm a dumbass?

Probably a long way of saying its a 'situation play' and getting DD @ home in division
Good luck

UH +3 2H: watching some college - UH stopping the run and moving the ball. Don't see major adjustment possibilities @ Half. It all depends on UH discipline...which is always questionable however

UH +3 2H: watching some college - UH stopping the run and moving the ball. Don't see major adjustment possibilities @ Half. It all depends on UH discipline...which is always questionable however
:bluehead:

2h arky -7; this one not as clear, but what the hell..PUSH

Last edited:
thanks Bones, had a great Thanksgiving and I hope you did as well, I appreciate the insight. I have Cardinals in a teaser down to 2.5 so I'm probably going to stay away I guess but I like your angle. Best of luck.

Niners came to play -- got out refereed. Gaebbert looked pretty good and D was very good

May be interested in upcoming lines

Nice day

I'll post a week #13 thread, but took these early and will be posted when i start a thread:

SHawks -1
Raiders +3
OVER 41.5 Texans/Bills

Over 41 a winner and Schaub gave up his pick 6 - we Texans fans know this play :bluehead:

7-2 week #12

0-1 teasers

Posted WEEK #13 Selections now in new thread

Thanks to all who stopped by and good luck week #13

Back