Bones wildcard round

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
SEASON: 78-53-6
TEASERS:3-3
PARLAYS:0-3

SELECTIONS:

I will post units for playoffs as I will likely have action on every game & for different amounts. In regular season I generally play all posted plays for same amount.

The below selections are what I played this a.m. May change, add/subtract as week progresses

Redskins -1 for 2 units: This game has already been mentioned somewhat in Discussion thread. I picked Vikes +3 in final game of season b/c I see GB as a team that is not playing well and really has not done so for most of season. I was optimistic on Redskins early in season and they have not disappointed. I had my line at Skins -3 and total 47. Skins @ home too. Just as with Vikes in final game, think Skins the better side with a good line. If Skins had a better D I'd play even bigger, and that is a concern. Also, A Rodgers & coaching staff have experience, which matters. But I could argue that Jay Gruden deserves coach of year consideration. I think GB's best chance of success is to slow game down and grind it out, but think they will keep trying to get somebody open for Rodgers to use mobility and go deep. "You like that?" and company for me in wildcard round.

(REDSKINS ARE NOW A 2 UNIT WAGER - TOOK GB +1 FOR 1 UNIT):
This week's earlier line movement to GB -1 spooked me regarding sharp action. I'm not Rex, and do not know why it's now Skins -1 again, but took the opportunity to back off a little. Plenty of time to make $ in playoffs, so backed off a tad.

OVER 42 Seahawks/Vikings 1 unit: see Post #3 below if interested
OVER 40 Seahawks/Vikings 1/2 unit
Minny ML Live +105 1Unit

Under 19.5 2H -110 1/2 Unit

Texans +3 (even) 1/2 unit: L -1/2 Unit
KC on the road giving 3 against Houston defense? But note, its a 1/2 unit play. May add $$, but for right now unlikely. I have this as a 21-20 type game.

Bengals ML +130 1/2 unit: L Essentially - the Division champ @ home with a better Defense

Steelers pick 2H 1/2 unit: L Bengals D backfiled is injured, AJ does not look good..experience now favors Pitt

Teaser: Bengals +9/Clemson +13 1/2 unit

Last edited:
I don't see vikings scoring much, Seattle will have to score 30 to make it close. Two best rb's in the game chewing up clock GL

I don't see vikings scoring much, Seattle will have to score 30 to make it close. Two best rb's in the game chewing up clock GL

Montanas: hard to argue with this and in fact that was my first thought too. I'll tell you why I bet Over (only 1 unit). Is Beast Mode a definite? Just walked in from work and have not checked anything all day.

I think the game is likely to be a blowout like we saw in the previous game 38-7 or like what we saw from SeaHawks yesterday against AZ. I think they get to 30-35 alone. So, why didn't I play Seahawks instead? First, I still might. Second, my thought is that the way for Vikes to keep game close is to open up their game plan and get at least get 20 points. I think they can do this and If they are successful we see over easy. Second,if not, I see Seattle getting 30-35 and will count on Vikes getting 10-14. Lastly, I have a system of capping these games (I explained it in a thread year or two ago). Believe it or not, my system numbers put this game @ 26-21 which is close to the 5.5 point line. So, for now I have the Over @ 1 unit. It's not a big play and I'll take my chances.

I appreciate your thoughts and I certainly see the other side, no doubt. That's why its a gamble. Thanks for stopping in and I like criticism and contrary opinion.

I also see line down to 41.5 so maybe I'm wrong, and now know I could have gotten a better line.

man, haven't even started looking yet...hope your success continues into the postseason bud. i am looking forward to two doubleheader days of playoffs and then national championship to cap it off on Monday.

bol bones

geez...SHawks & Vikings O/U now @ 40.

Going to watch it...should have waited, I was a dead square (not first time)

I have added 1/2 unit OVER 40 - Old adage: "when you're in a hole, stop digging" or I would have added more.

Last edited:
If there's not a lot of wind, your over's not a bad bet. gl

:cheers3:
Thanks InZane...I think you may be alone with me in that assessment. I also liked your recent post in the Discussion thread - I cannot remember what it was right now...but I appreciated your thought

Just looked up your Discussion thread - makes me like my Texans bet more

Gonna tail
Always makes me nervous - you have done so well for me in NCAA. I like the teaser with Clemson though...have a great time @ the game. Been 10 years since I went to Rose Bowl for Texas vs USC national champ game...hope you have the same result

Redskins now a 2 unit wager...bought back a unit with a play on GB +1...see post #1

2H Texans game = :prayer no wager. I see more ints and pick 6....JJ Watt at QB? Embarassing

bad day...if Bengals hold on for 16-15 win...wudda had a good day with 2 wins from Live (under 31.5 and bengals -105)

idiot penalties...may get coach fired

an unmitigated disaster, I think it was first real losing week in NFL all year (may have lost a little juice in 2 weeks)....if I calculated this correctly lost 5.4 units wildcard weekend.

The good news is I lost less than I should only since I backed off most bet amounts b/c I was not committed on any wager with exception of Bengals

The losses would have been relatively minor had Bengals hung on and Vikes made the fg

Sorry to those who tailed.

Back