Bones' Square Plays Wk #13

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
Just started looking @ games tonite and will post my early 'leans' and welcome thoughts and "are you nuts?" comments.

Week #6: 7-3
Week #7: 7-9
Week #8: 7-7-1
Week #9: 7-3
Week #10: 7-3 (site down)
Week #11: 5-1 (site down)
Week #12: 14-8
Overall: 54-34-1

Leans:

Texans -4.5 (now -6). I grabbed the 4.5 for 1st time this Texan took the Texans all year. I may buy it back b/c it was my gut lean, altho probably stick with it. Don't know about the -6 altho I do see a score of something in 27-17 range

UNDER 47 -see above

9ers -7

Jets -4.5 and Under 36.5

Chiefs +3

Jags +5.5/6

Pats -7.5

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50.5

Gmen -2.5

Bengals/Chargers Over 46

Thanks and GL everyone :tiphat:

Thursday Nite: Saints TT OVER 26 (a total they have failed to reach 3 times; KC, Broncos and SF); OVER 55 ; Saints +3 1H (smaller). GL All

Like the 9ers play.. revenge and team playing well now. They wont take the Rams lightly this time and team playing harder for Colin.

lean your way with Jags, and agree on NE and SF. BOL this week Bones.

quick thoughts on Hou, they have not looked the same the last 2 weeks imo, LB's all banged up and they have NE on deck. That being said, not running to window to bet Ten.

lean your way with Jags, and agree on NE and SF. BOL this week Bones.

quick thoughts on Hou, they have not looked the same the last 2 weeks imo, LB's all banged up and they have NE on deck. That being said, not running to window to bet Ten.
Thanks for the comments guys.....will be making final selections tomorrow/Saturday. P2W --- agree on Texans, but since I have the 4.5 I am sticking with it. Don't like it @ 6 or higher.

Just started looking @ games tonite and will post my early 'leans' and welcome thoughts and "are you nuts?" comments.

Week #6: 7-3
Week #7: 7-9
Week #8: 7-7-1
Week #9: 7-3
Week #10: 7-3 (site down)
Week #11: 5-1 (site down)
Week #12: 14-8
Overall: 54-34-1

Leans:

Texans -4.5 (now -6). I grabbed the 4.5 for 1st time this Texan took the Texans all year. I may buy it back b/c it was my gut lean, altho probably stick with it. Don't know about the -6 altho I do see a score of something in 27-17 range........... Sticking With It

UNDER 47 -see above..........NOPE

9ers -7..................Like it even more

Jets -4.5 and Under 36.5 ................ NOPE

Chiefs +3......................Sticking With It

Jags +5.5/6..................... NOPE

Pats -7.5.......................... NOPE

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50.5............. NOPE

Gmen -2.5.................. NOPE ( but will come back to it Monday, but not now)

Bengals/Chargers Over 46............NOPE

Thanks and GL everyone :tiphat:

Well, you can throw away most of my 'leans'. I may still wager on a few, but certainly don't feel comfortable about making them a 'pick' for the week e.g. after looking at Cards/Jets can't say that Jets should be giving 4.5 and Cards D and turnovers may determine game; still 'lean' the Jags, but Buffalo is @ home and maybe Fitzpatrick has a game where he is able to throw on Jags and win by the 6? I also still 'lean' Patriots, but we know that home teams in NFL getting 7 or more have something like a 65% win ATS. Since I am taking 49ers -7 and Texans -4.5 (line now -6), I honestly dont want to push myself against the statistics that much. So, I list above a "Nope" for those no longer my selection and "Stick With It" for the 3 that remain.

After looking at the weekend (which was harder for me than most) I have a limited selection and here they are:

SF 49ers -7 .......I actually love this selection and it is obviously one that goes against the 'rule' where abt 65% of time home dogs of 7 or more cover ATS. I see Niners just kicking the hell out of Rams by 14 or more. This is also a game where Kaepernick's arm/mobility will give SF a greater margin of victory. I generally don't rate my picks, but this week is different. Believe in this strongly. [be back Sunday night to eat crow if necessary, but its unlikely]

Texans -4.5......This is not available any longer, but I am happy to have this one. Texans can clinch a play-off spot and will do so against their division foe and certainly want to do it now, as opposed to traveling to New England next week. I still 'lean' Texans @ -6, if I wagered today, i would buy the hook and take them @ -5.5. Texans beat Titans 38-14 in week 4 and while I dont think it will be same this week, i do think Texans will cover my 4.5 and should cover 5.5. It will be my 1st wager on Texans all year.

K.C. +3..... I know I must be insane, but this is how I see it. KC will run on Panthers and play tough defense. Realistically, it is their last chance for a home victory this year. KC has not seemed to quit and I think they could even pull this one out with a W. I have a 21-20 score either way.

Cincinatti -1.5 ........we all know the reasons.

That's it for me and I may well let almost the the entire NFL weekend depend primarily on S.F.

P.S. Started out 0-3 on Thursday night....I could make excuses and it doesnt matter...just let me have this: My pre-game notes read "don't trust the over and don't bet the Saints." Seriously, i let other factors intefere with my decisions. Still 0-3 so far this week and I guess I could be on a 'cold'.

Good Luck All....and remember, I did not call this thread "Sqaure Picks" for nothing.

Adding: Seahawks +4. I caught the line when it was still 3.5 and bought the hook (-120). Will be looking at some tts and possibly Browns. GL all

Well, you can throw away most of my 'leans'. I may still wager on a few, but certainly don't feel comfortable about making them a 'pick' for the week e.g. after looking at Cards/Jets can't say that Jets should be giving 4.5 and Cards D and turnovers may determine game; still 'lean' the Jags, but Buffalo is @ home and maybe Fitzpatrick has a game where he is able to throw on Jags and win by the 6? I also still 'lean' Patriots, but we know that home teams in NFL getting 7 or more have something like a 65% win ATS. Since I am taking 49ers -7 and Texans -4.5 (line now -6), I honestly dont want to push myself against the statistics that much. So, I list above a "Nope" for those no longer my selection and "Stick With It" for the 3 that remain.

After looking at the weekend (which was harder for me than most) I have a limited selection and here they are:

SF 49ers -7 .......I actually love this selection and it is obviously one that goes against the 'rule' where abt 65% of time home dogs of 7 or more cover ATS. I see Niners just kicking the hell out of Rams by 14 or more. This is also a game where Kaepernick's arm/mobility will give SF a greater margin of victory. I generally don't rate my picks, but this week is different. Believe in this strongly. [be back Sunday night to eat crow if necessary, but its unlikely]

Texans -4.5......This is not available any longer, but I am happy to have this one. Texans can clinch a play-off spot and will do so against their division foe and certainly want to do it now, as opposed to traveling to New England next week. I still 'lean' Texans @ -6, if I wagered today, i would buy the hook and take them @ -5.5. Texans beat Titans 38-14 in week 4 and while I dont think it will be same this week, i do think Texans will cover my 4.5 and should cover 5.5. It will be my 1st wager on Texans all year.

K.C. +3..... I know I must be insane, but this is how I see it. KC will run on Panthers and play tough defense. Realistically, it is their last chance for a home victory this year. KC has not seemed to quit and I think they could even pull this one out with a W. I have a 21-20 score either way.

Cincinatti -1.5 ........we all know the reasons.

That's it for me and I may well let almost the the entire NFL weekend depend primarily on S.F.

P.S. Started out 0-3 on Thursday night....I could make excuses and it doesnt matter...just let me have this: My pre-game notes read "don't trust the over and don't bet the Saints." Seriously, i let other factors intefere with my decisions. Still 0-3 so far this week and I guess I could be on a 'cold'.

Good Luck All....and remember, I did not call this thread "Sqaure Picks" for nothing.

ADDED:

Seahawks +4 --- I caught it @ 3.5 and bought the hook. Look @ their losses, they almost always keep it close

Jags/Bills OVER 41 ---- Line Moved from 45,44, 43.5 so somebody was hitting the Under hard. I had capped game @ 45

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50 --- I have Broncos good for 30 @ least. Willing to think Freeman, Martin et al will get us 21. Even if they dont Peyton could get us 35 or more

Txns/Titans UNDER 48 ---- This is 'contrary' to many of the good cappers on this site. Just see 27-17, 28-20 type of score. (also can see OT @ 24, but what the hell)

NOTE: I had previously posted the Chiefs @ +3....caught the line @ 5.5 and bought the hook for +6.

Also, was looking to see what Broncos tt was. My guy will not post a #. I was willing to take a Bronco tt Over at 30 or below. I am guessing its @ 29.5?

GOOD LUCK ALL :prayer

Last edited:
ADDED:

Seahawks +4 --- I caught it @ 3.5 and bought the hook. Look @ their losses, they almost always keep it close

Jags/Bills OVER 41 ---- Line Moved from 45,44, 43.5 so somebody was hitting the Under hard. I had capped game @ 45

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50 --- I have Broncos good for 30 @ least. Willing to think Freeman, Martin et al will get us 21. Even if they dont Peyton could get us 35 or more

Txns/Titans UNDER 48 ---- This is 'contrary' to many of the good cappers on this site. Just see 27-17, 28-20 type of score. (also can see OT @ 24, but what the hell)

NOTE: I had previously posted the Chiefs @ +3....caught the line @ 5.5 and bought the hook for +6.

Also, was looking to see what Broncos tt was. My guy will not post a #. I was willing to take a Bronco tt Over at 30 or below. I am guessing its @ 29.5?

GOOD LUCK ALL :prayer

Tried to edit the posts to put all picks in one place.....cannot figutre it out so here is Sunday record so far after 9ers ruined a perfect early game set:

SF 49ers -7...........................LOSS

Texans - 4.5.........................WIN

KC Chiefs +3.........................WIN

Bengals -1.5........................PENDING

SeaHawks +4.......................WIN

Jags/Bills OVER 41................WIN

Txns/Titans UNDER 48...........WIN

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50..........PENDING

Broncos tt OVER 29.5...........PENDING

Browns tt OVER 21...............PENDING

Browns/Rdrs OVER 39...........PENDING

Best to all

Tried to edit the posts to put all picks in one place.....cannot figutre it out so here is Sunday record so far after 9ers ruined a perfect early game set:

Bengals -1.5........................WIN

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50..........WIN

Broncos tt OVER 29.5...........WIN

Browns tt OVER 21...............LOSS

Browns/Rdrs OVER 39...........LOSS

The SNF game is horrible. By now, we all should know that Romo/Garrett are not trustworthy and are also bad @ home. 10 pts seems too much, but its possible. I have to make a pick, or I cannot watch so:

UNDER 22 1H ---- lite very lite, for entertainment purposes only

Best to all

Good Luck.

Bengals -1.5........................WIN

Bucs/Broncos OVER 50..........WIN

Broncos tt OVER 29.5...........WIN

Browns tt OVER 21...............LOSS

Browns/Rdrs OVER 39...........LOSS

Boys/Eagles 1H UNDER 22......LOSS

Boys -7.5 2H......................WIN (forgot to post in this thread.sorry. posted In-Game @ pg24 #940)

Best to all

See you Monday night

MONDAY NIGHT:

Don't know how much time i will have tomorrow. Did the work tonight.

I think this game is going to be about the future and the future is RGIII. Plus, he has to keep up with Sunday's Luck/Wilson show:

Redskins +3 ( i think they will win outright, but sure would feel better @ +3.5 )

Teaser-Skins +9 and OVER 44

Good Luck All :prayer

MONDAY NIGHT:

Don't know how much time i will have tomorrow. Did the work tonight.

I think this game is going to be about the future and the future is RGIII. Plus, he has to keep up with Sunday's Luck/Wilson show:

Redskins +3 ( i think they will win outright, but sure would feel better @ +3.5 )

Teaser-Skins +9 and OVER 44

ADD: UNDER 25 1H

Good Luck All :prayer

gl

Back