Bones nfl playoffs

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
Season Record 49-51-1

The record says it all. You could have just flipped a coin. But,maybe I helped on fading. I explained 2 to 3 weeks ago how I look at games and while making no excuses, things did not go as well as I had hoped. But, considering about 4 really bad weeks things turned out decently.....I lost about 4.5 units on my posted plays, which is not bad in my books considering all the fun I had.

In fact, I had a real good time this year at CTG and look forward to next season.

Thanks to all the other posters,and at the risk of leaving somebody out, its been a pleasure:Tito, Lex, Coverdatspread, Spanishshark, Trey, Alex, SMH, Hunt, Emkee, Teed, BAR, Lareux, Fondy, Genius, Wire, Badangel, Booksfriend, Schrute, Bloodhound, Hammers, GLB, Jaeger [where he go?] and anybody else that came by this thread. :shake:

Posting plays in playoffs is probably an intellectual exercise considering the 24/7 coverage and analysis available everywhere; the weather reports, the injuries, the past records, the QB situations etc... This week's biggest news is L Bell for Pitt. AJ Green for Cincy. the Bengals huge loss earlier to Indy and poor play-off record and the SUHspended, and now not. For me, the Green injury for Cincy is the biggest. W/O Green I am less likely to take Cincy.

All that being said, here goes on what I have right now:

Cards +6.5 LOSE

Cowboys -6.5 -115 NO PLAY SEE POST BELOW......LIONS D, Dallas a public team and SMH's posts pushed me off this
(reasons posted in game discussion thread; Dallas has superior offensive talent and when considering a Romo et al match-up against Stafford and the Lions...this year in this game I am taking Dallas). But, as indicated I bought the 1/2 point. I just have confidence in Dallas O line and Murray and the rest to get the job done)

Bengals +4 which I took earlier this week, but still may get off of...right now its a selection LOSE and;

UNDER 48.5 WIN (many of the reasons are better expressed by Tito in his thread. Additionally Colts are 5-0 to the Under in last 5 games and in 4 of last 5 Cincy games. While Cincy has 5 str8 Under games on the road. With Dalton at the helm and the decimation to their receivers, its likely that Cincy will try as hard as they can to keep this low scoring/ball possession.)

COLTS 2H -1
WIN after watching 1H and all the time Luck had, pts left on field and Bengals lack of offense this was perfect number to get out of Bengals +4. I considered over 24 but decided that Luck would score and then maybe shut it down and Bengals may not score

WILD CARD WKEND:
2-3 SIDES
1-1 PROPS

DIVISIONAL WKEND:
4-4 SIDES.
LOSE teaser
WIN parlay

RAVENS +7.5 WIN

UNDER 24.5 1H LOSE

PANTHERS/SHAWKS UNDER 20 1H & UNDER 40.5 LOSE/LOSE

PANTHERS +7 1H AND OVER 20.5 2H (played in-game thread) WIN/WIN

COWBOYS +6.5 WIN

BRONCOS -4 1H LOSE

Colts ML/ Buckeyes ML $100 pays $996
:moneybill:

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK:

Colts +7 -115 LOSE

UNDER 53.5 WIN

1H UNDER 27 WIN

PATS TT UNDER 30 LOSE

E Lacy +69.5 rushing WIN

L Willson + 25.5 receiving LOSE

SUPER BOWL:

PATS +1 WIN
PATS TT OVER 24 WIN
Brady Throws 1st INT
(posted in-game #86 hour b4 game) WIN

Easy decision for me, be glad to discuss but definitely w/o question think Pats get Over 24

Last edited:
Wishing you the best in the New Year Bones. Side note: Britt McHenry is quickly becoming a favorite, behind Samantha Ponder.

Wishing you the best in the New Year Bones. Side note: Britt McHenry is quickly becoming a favorite, behind Samantha Ponder.
If anybody disagrees with you on this, I doubt their sanity:
Screen-Shot-2014-03-05-at-11.08.25-AM.png

Added: Cards +6.5. I think Panthers win game, but in low scoring game (supposedly) just have to take this number. I am quesy about this.

Bol bones...hopefully we will have a profitable playoff run. That said, I lean to the other side on your first two plays.

Haven't looked too much at the bengal game yet...

:cheers3:

Late post: Count if i lose, not if i win: Ravens +.5 1st qtr LOSE

Last edited:
Added UNDER 48.5 in cincy/indy; considering whether to get off cincy play, their record in indy, absence of AJ Green, Dalton's prior performances, these teams' last meeting all combined sure make cincy a tough team to back. Still have the +4 but considering my options

I cannot shake the feeling that Dallas is a 'public team' and that maybe I too have fallen into a trap. I was a Cowboy fan growing up, and while not a fan as much today I still am cautious in betting Dallas. We have seen this before and I bought off the Dallas bet and will be a spectator. I do think Dallas wins but I'm not comfortable with the line. I bought Dallas down to 6.5 b/c I did not like the 7. I went ahead and took Lions at +7 -120 and will watch.

SMH's post pushed me off a play I was not totally confident in...thanks smh

I just could not feel good when Lions covered and I had this feeling. If Dallas covers I am ok with that.

Dan Bailey Over 7.5 pts LOSE and Longest FG Over 44.5 WIN

Desperate for action. Think Lions get stops and Bailey gets at least 2 fgs. Both he and Prater have good % this year at distance

Last edited:
bol this weekend bones…I will not be surprised if the Ravens cover and can't blame people for vein on that side. I see the argument for them, but I will be on the other side…agree on those others though! Lets get em….

GL this weekend Bones. Can't make an argument against Balt at +7.5. The 7's and 6.5's out there appear to be the right number to me. Will be on the other side w/ GB, but at a smaller number (5.5).

Good luck.:cheers3:

Adding:

Broncos -4 1H

Broncos @ home get off to good starts against their opposition and all 4 of their losses been on road vs shawks, pats, rams & bengals. "Peyton not the same" and it is a concern particularly in red zone. Broncos have a more balanced offense with running game and I'm counting on Broncos winning the 1H and controlling tempo/possessions.

Lost 1.3 units yesterday, but made up for what could have been a bad day by a late wager on panthers +7 1H and Over 2H for 1/2 each. Sorry bout no post in this thread. Count it as you wish

I do have a Colts/Buckeyes tiny ML parlay and hoping for Luck to beat Peyton in 2H

Update above. More of same, but had a unit win for week thanks to last night's parlay with Colts ( did great on NCAA Buckeyes also )

This week:

Colts +7 -115

Colts/GB Super Bowl Prop 8:1

Lean: Green Bay but concerned re A Rod's injury. GB sure can win in Seattle and did a few years back.....except for replacement refs' call

I discussed Green Bay with Capping Genius in his thread for the week, and its hard to argue with a Capping Genius on a heater.Still undecided.

3-0 Super Bowl

See you next season :shake:

Look forward to tailing on college basketball & MLB.

Back