Boise votes their way out of their own Bowl to come to Hawaii.....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Unanimous team vote....

Boise fans explain this to me.....

Wouldn't they want to play in front of their own fans????

I know Hawaii fans are going to come out to support them by the thousands......

Still though, I would never see Hawaii voting their way out of the Hawaii Bowl to go play in Boise or in any other Bowl besides the BCS....

Unanimous team vote....

Boise fans explain this to me.....

Wouldn't they want to play in front of their own fans????

I know Hawaii fans are going to come out to support them by the thousands......

Still though, I would never see Hawaii voting their way out of the Hawaii Bowl to go play in Boise or in any other Bowl besides the BCS....
Interesting. You know what, after playing i ntheir own god damn bowl for so many years they got the taste of a "real" bowl expereince last year and said..hit...that was great. Go somewhere warm, different. I agree with it.

Um... come live in a cold weather climate for a winter... and tell me how a week in warm weather would sound to you... lol

Interesting. You know what, after playing i ntheir own god damn bowl for so many years they got the taste of a "real" bowl expereince last year and said..hit...that was great. Go somewhere warm, different. I agree with it.
Yeah, that is true.

I just know that if Hawaii was ever invited to a non-BCS Bowl on the mainland they would NEVER abandon their fans and the Hawaii Bowl.....

Playing in front of the home fans is great, but most of them have been there done that, and man it would be hard to pass up a bowl experience in Hawai'i where you know you will be treated to the island hospitality and have a once in a lifetime experience. I bet that they would not have passed up Boise for any other opportunity other than a BCS one or this one. Just hard to pass up what may be a once in a lifetime experience for most if not all of these college kids. Just my 2 cents.

isn't the whole point of a bowl to go somewhere warm and get some new experiences (see the sights, see the beach, whatever else)

Yeah, that is true.

I just know that if Hawaii was ever invited to a non-BCS Bowl on the mainland they would NEVER abandon their fans and the Hawaii Bowl.....

I don't think Hawaiians leaving Hawaii for another bowl, and Boiseians leaving Boise are equal enough to compare for an argument.

It's funny because the team probably wasn't thinking of the fans so much, but it's great for the alums and fans of the team. They'll travel for that game in a second.

Ah, a Boise fan posted how on their sports radio the fans are calling in feeling betrayed.......

They just spent all their money and just came here....

Back