Boise v AF

If AF runs the ball succesfully, which I think they can, and survive the aerial attack from Boise, I have my doubts, then they might stay within 24. Too many ifs.

AF QB Jaleel Awini makes his first career start at Boise.
Tough to lay that kind of chalk when you defense gives up 477 yards/game but can Awini execute the offense?
Southwick and Boise will get theirs for sure.

I do think public perception of last weeks blowout home loss to Utah St has given this line a bunch of extra points. But I have Utah St rated much higher than Boise this year.

AF QB Jaleel Awini makes his first career start at Boise.
Tough to lay that kind of chalk when you defense gives up 477 yards/game but can Awini execute the offense?
Southwick and Boise will get theirs for sure.

Awini started last week vs Utah State, but this is his first road start.

He is only credited for connecting on 4 of 12 passing, but I read that 6 of his first 10 passes were dropped, including a bullet to TE in the EZ right on the money, but was dropped.

This is a really really tricky game for Air Force. I'd like to think they bounce back off being embarrassed last week, but really tough spot for them to find themselves in needing some confidence. AF was poor on the road last year (1-5 SU, 0-3 away fav, 1-2 away dog) after traditionally being pretty good in years prior.

I really do not know where this AF team is going.

Boise has new offense out of the pistol now, so not the same as when AF played them in 2011 even though it's the same OC and run game coor. AF held their own in 2011 on the blue turf (26-37 +29). Offensively for AF though, that 2011 team was a high point for Calhoun and they had a 4y starting QB.

On one hand I feel like this is too many points due to last week's blowout to Utah St, but on the other hand I feel like it isn't enough in light of how Utah St burried them. Clearly I have no idea on the game tonight. I still fear Boise vs teams their own size or ones below them. I like to root for teams like Air Force, I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Back