Boise State Is A Decent Team- That Is It

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
I posted this on another site, but I think people are more realistic here.
Wanted to hear some of your thoughts, or if you are believing in this crap!

Guys lets be realistic here. They beat a Oklahoma team by 1 pt. in overtime. A beat up Oklahoma team that came from the weak Big 12. People are starting threads talking about, will OSU run the score up on Florida....Why? Ohio State, Florida, Michigan, USC, LSU and a few others would beat this Boise team by 2TDs! Yes, congrats to them for beating an above average OU team, but that is it. Oklahoma did everything they could do to get blown out in that game and still almost(maybe should have) won!

Anything can happen any given day. Please remember that Michigan from the vaunted Big 10 almost loss to frickin Ball St this year who is horrible compared to Boise.

SHSU- I agree with you that anything could happen on any given day. I am not saying the Big 10 is great because they are down this year. Like the Big 12, Big 10 is a good conference in an off year.

They are a good team. They should be in the Top 10. They could beat USC or Mich or Florida. Why? Any team can win, any givin Sunday. Did you bet OK? That why your angry?:cheers:

CrazyTrain- Who I bet on is beside the point(had the over, if it means anything). I am not angry about anything. Just anytime something like this happens, everyone tends to go overboard with their praise. Lets be realistic here, before we say they can contend with the big dogs. This is the same thing that happend when Utah crushed Pitt. At the time the Big East was worse than it is now. I tend to agree with you that have top 10 potential but do you see this team getting double digit wins in the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10, or even the Big 12? ANd yes, I know it is possible that they can beat these teams, but it would be a historic upset. It is also possible the world will blowup today. Probably wont happen, but it is possible...

Team goes 13-0...Were supposed to get tossed around like puppie dogs last night...I think they deserve a lil more then 'decent'.

I think 8 out of 10 times these teams lose but ya never know. I still can't believe Texas loss to KSU regardless of Mccoy being hurt.

I've seen texas with VY almost lose to Okie St twice and Kansas.

Bkzfinest80 said:
Team goes 13-0...Were supposed to get tossed around like puppie dogs last night...I think they deserve a lil more then 'decent'.

OK the decent thing might be a little off but still who have the beat?

<TABLE class=datatable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=header1 noWrap align=middle width=30>Date</TH><TH class=header1 noWrap align=middle width=115>Opponent</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>Line </TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>OU</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>Score</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>SU</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>ATS</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>OU</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>RY</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>RYPA</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>PY</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>PYPC</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>RY</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>RYPA</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>PY</TH><TH class=header1 align=middle>PYPC</TH><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>01/01</TD><TD>N OKLAHOMA</TD><TD>+7</TD><TD>50.5</TD><TD>43-42</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>110</TD><TD class=cell4>3.1</TD><TD class=cell4>267</TD><TD class=cell4>13.3</TD><TD class=cell5>174</TD><TD class=cell5>4.6</TD><TD class=cell5>233</TD><TD class=cell5>12.3</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>11/25</TD><TD>at NEVADA</TD><TD>-2.5</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>38-7</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Un</TD><TD class=cell4>178</TD><TD class=cell4>3.4</TD><TD class=cell4>299</TD><TD class=cell4>14.9</TD><TD class=cell5>106</TD><TD class=cell5>4.8</TD><TD class=cell5>35</TD><TD class=cell5>5.8</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>11/18</TD><TD>vs UTAH ST</TD><TD>-37.5</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>49-10</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>231</TD><TD class=cell4>5.6</TD><TD class=cell4>257</TD><TD class=cell4>10.3</TD><TD class=cell5>90</TD><TD class=cell5>3.0</TD><TD class=cell5>98</TD><TD class=cell5>10.9</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>11/11</TD><TD>at SAN JOSE ST</TD><TD>-13</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>23-20</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>Un</TD><TD class=cell4>160</TD><TD class=cell4>3.6</TD><TD class=cell4>181</TD><TD class=cell4>12.9</TD><TD class=cell5>75</TD><TD class=cell5>2.8</TD><TD class=cell5>173</TD><TD class=cell5>10.2</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>11/01</TD><TD>vs FRESNO ST</TD><TD>-21.5</TD><TD>56.5</TD><TD>45-21</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>300</TD><TD class=cell4>6.4</TD><TD class=cell4>180</TD><TD class=cell4>9.5</TD><TD class=cell5>102</TD><TD class=cell5>3.9</TD><TD class=cell5>121</TD><TD class=cell5>10.1</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>10/21</TD><TD>at IDAHO</TD><TD>-20.5</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>42-26</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>208</TD><TD class=cell4>5.6</TD><TD class=cell4>145</TD><TD class=cell4>14.5</TD><TD class=cell5>69</TD><TD class=cell5>2.5</TD><TD class=cell5>328</TD><TD class=cell5>13.7</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>10/15</TD><TD>at NEW MEXICO ST</TD><TD>-27.5</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>40-28</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>255</TD><TD class=cell4>6.1</TD><TD class=cell4>215</TD><TD class=cell4>15.4</TD><TD class=cell5>8</TD><TD class=cell5>0.4</TD><TD class=cell5>526</TD><TD class=cell5>10.7</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>10/07</TD><TD>vs LOUISIANA TECH</TD><TD>-37</TD><TD>56.5</TD><TD>55-14</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>265</TD><TD class=cell4>6.3</TD><TD class=cell4>224</TD><TD class=cell4>14.9</TD><TD class=cell5>141</TD><TD class=cell5>4.0</TD><TD class=cell5>163</TD><TD class=cell5>9.6</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>09/30</TD><TD>at UTAH</TD><TD>+4.5</TD><TD>49.5</TD><TD>36-3</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Un</TD><TD class=cell4>188</TD><TD class=cell4>4.5</TD><TD class=cell4>210</TD><TD class=cell4>14.0</TD><TD class=cell5>127</TD><TD class=cell5>4.4</TD><TD class=cell5>51</TD><TD class=cell5>6.4</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>09/23</TD><TD>vs HAWAII</TD><TD>-15</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>41-34</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>Ov</TD><TD class=cell4>242</TD><TD class=cell4>5.5</TD><TD class=cell4>273</TD><TD class=cell4>16.1</TD><TD class=cell5>88</TD><TD class=cell5>4.9</TD><TD class=cell5>388</TD><TD class=cell5>15.5</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>09/16</TD><TD>at WYOMING</TD><TD>-7.5</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>17-10</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>Un</TD><TD class=cell4>130</TD><TD class=cell4>3.2</TD><TD class=cell4>116</TD><TD class=cell4>9.7</TD><TD class=cell5>73</TD><TD class=cell5>2.5</TD><TD class=cell5>178</TD><TD class=cell5>12.7</TD><TR class=cell2><TD align=left>09/07</TD><TD>vs OREGON ST</TD><TD>-7.5</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>42-14</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>Un</TD><TD class=cell4>302</TD><TD class=cell4>7.2</TD><TD class=cell4>105</TD><TD class=cell4>13.1</TD><TD class=cell5>58</TD><TD class=cell5>1.8</TD><TD class=cell5>205</TD><TD class=cell5>10.3</TD><TR class=cell1><TD align=left>09/02</TD><TD>vs SACRAMENTO ST</TD><TD>NL</TD><TD>NL</TD><TD>45-0</TD><TD>W</TD><TD></TD><TD> - </TD><TD class=cell4>215</TD><TD class=cell4>5.1</TD><TD class=cell4>212</TD><TD class=cell4>14.1</TD><TD class=cell5>50</TD><TD class=cell5>1.8</TD><TD class=cell5>32</TD><TD class=cell5>5.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- page created new on -->

SHSUHorn said:
I think 8 out of 10 times these teams lose but ya never know. I still can't believe Texas loss to KSU regardless of Mccoy being hurt.

I've seen texas with VY almost lose to Okie St twice and Kansas.

That is what I am getting at. Like when MSU beat OSU in 1998(I think this was the year, Jump?). It is possible but OSU was the better team. Upsets are going to happen, but over the long run the better team will usually win. I was impressed how they executed at the end of the game though.

They beat down oregon st.. enough proof for me. That wasnt a banged up OU team. They had a month to get ready for thatgame.. Boise was the better team that night. A bowl game is different than competing in a conference. That being said after last night I have no problem putting them in the top 5.

Well, they killed Nevada who almost beat a bad Miami team. they beat Hawaii, Wyoming, SJSU, all of which were competitive. But bottemline, they beat everyone they faced and have impressed me all year. Their d and o lines held up very well against Oklahoma.

I think you give The "bigs" way to much credit. Big ten, pac 10, big 12, very weak this year. As far as I'm concerned, Boise is #2 and I wish they could play OSU.

Argue all you want, They are unbeaten.

I tend to agree with you that have top 10 potential but do you see this team getting double digit wins in the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10, or even the Big 12?

I'll have to think about this one YesSir.....good point:smiley_abds:

I don't know if alot of teams could of beaten Boise last night. They were driven.

For the sake of shit talking, this include tOSU and Florida.

Boise State is a good team. They were well coached and better prepared. Yes, any team can win at anygiven time thats what sports is about. I think if you played that game a 100 times OU comes on top 98 of them.

For all the things OU did wrong and I could go on and on...Boise State blew an 18 pt lead , couldnt pickup a 1st down to end the game and couldnt stop the OU offense on the last drive...Really how easily did OU go down the field on that last drive...wide open WR time and time again...think about the last few minutes who shines when the game is on the line?? Boise State failed to move the ball on offense and chew up the clock then they hand the ball back to OU who methodically disects the so called good Boise defense...they they have 1st goal at the 7 yd line for the 2pt conversion and still dont stop OU...they get the bll back and Zabransk throws a pick 6! Reality is OU was never mentally into this game. There approach on defense was to lay out Boise State not tackle them...how many missed tackles were there? How is the defense NOT expecting a lateral on 4th and 18? Understandably the OU defense had no timeouts but uhmmm what did anyone expect Boise to do in teh waning seconds on a 4th and 18.....LATERAL!!! Every game ends that way. Thats not Genius by Boise State its poor execution by OU...every game ends that way doesnt it?? OU had 5 defenders in the area and instead of sealing off the kid they went to crush him....how do you beat speed...MISDIRECTION...thats all Boise did was use OU speed and aggresion against them...

It was a game riddled with OU mistakes...Thompson gave them 14 points and tookmore off the board for OU, the OU OC was awful with his playcalling all nite and cost them when they settled for FGs...Why is OU throwing fades in the end zone when they have a dual threat in Thompson , Adrian Peterson and Boise cant cover the WR's all nite if the OL protects?? WHY?

I wont say I didnt play Oklahoma last nite but this is my unbiased feelings. Boise did ZERO on offense all not long...every score was flukish...Oklahoma repeatedly drove down the field ....a crisp game is more like 38 -14...

Boise cant move the ball on OU and the defense cant stop OU. Without the fumble and OT did Boise every sniff the red zone????? Think about it...Boise outcoached OU they didnt beat them...

I feel Boise ML deserved to win...think about we (OU backers) have a great defense and twice had TD leads on 4th DOWN and could hold them....OU played awful football no doubt! Boise is a good team but off the top of my head I dont think they are Top 10 but its not a deep year so maybe they would sneak in...

They beat Nevada..big deal...they barely edged SJST...they barely edges Hawaii at home dont think they could win in Hawaii...I justthink OU picked a bad time to play its worse game of the season.

there is no way in HELL that Boise deserves a national Championship spot....who cares if your undefeated ...you play 9 awful teams nad 4 good ones!! Michigan didnt deserve if for the same erason they beat no one and one good showing means nothing...it should be Fla vs Ohio State no odubt in my mind and USC is the 3rd best

There werent alot of good teams who couldnt have beaten Boise last nite?

They won by 1 pt ! , they blew an 18 pt lead in the final 20 minutes, they were given 14 points....Thompson had 4 turnovers!

Ou didnt execute and OU beat themselves ...Boise State had little to do with...Did Boise force Thompson into floating the ball into the end zone right to the other team? No he made a bad throw...Boise did everything possible they could and won by 1 point....hell if OU doesnt settle for FG's , doesnt throw a pick in the end zone , doesnt give them 14 pts , I ma quite sure they would have won...

All the credit in the world goes to Boise for not beating themselves and outcoaching OU but leave it at that....OU was sloppy and poorly executed on both sides of the ball ...

SportsNut said:
Boise State is a good team. They were well coached and better prepared. Yes, any team can win at anygiven time thats what sports is about. I think if you played that game a 100 times OU comes on top 98 of them.

For all the things OU did wrong and I could go on and on...Boise State blew an 18 pt lead , couldnt pickup a 1st down to end the game and couldnt stop the OU offense on the last drive...Really how easily did OU go down the field on that last drive...wide open WR time and time again...think about the last few minutes who shines when the game is on the line?? Boise State failed to move the ball on offense and chew up the clock then they hand the ball back to OU who methodically disects the so called good Boise defense...they they have 1st goal at the 7 yd line for the 2pt conversion and still dont stop OU...they get the bll back and Zabransk throws a pick 6! Reality is OU was never mentally into this game. There approach on defense was to lay out Boise State not tackle them...how many missed tackles were there? How is the defense NOT expecting a lateral on 4th and 18? Understandably the OU defense had no timeouts but uhmmm what did anyone expect Boise to do in teh waning seconds on a 4th and 18.....LATERAL!!! Every game ends that way. Thats not Genius by Boise State its poor execution by OU...every game ends that way doesnt it?? OU had 5 defenders in the area and instead of sealing off the kid they went to crush him....how do you beat speed...MISDIRECTION...thats all Boise did was use OU speed and aggresion against them...

It was a game riddled with OU mistakes...Thompson gave them 14 points and tookmore off the board for OU, the OU OC was awful with his playcalling all nite and cost them when they settled for FGs...Why is OU throwing fades in the end zone when they have a dual threat in Thompson , Adrian Peterson and Boise cant cover the WR's all nite if the OL protects?? WHY?

I wont say I didnt play Oklahoma last nite but this is my unbiased feelings. Boise did ZERO on offense all not long...every score was flukish...Oklahoma repeatedly drove down the field ....a crisp game is more like 38 -14...

Boise cant move the ball on OU and the defense cant stop OU. Without the fumble and OT did Boise every sniff the red zone????? Think about it...Boise outcoached OU they didnt beat them...

I feel Boise ML deserved to win...think about we (OU backers) have a great defense and twice had TD leads on 4th DOWN and could hold them....OU played awful football no doubt! Boise is a good team but off the top of my head I dont think they are Top 10 but its not a deep year so maybe they would sneak in...

They beat Nevada..big deal...they barely edged SJST...they barely edges Hawaii at home dont think they could win in Hawaii...I justthink OU picked a bad time to play its worse game of the season.

there is no way in HELL that Boise deserves a national Championship spot....who cares if your undefeated ...you play 9 awful teams nad 4 good ones!! Michigan didnt deserve if for the same erason they beat no one and one good showing means nothing...it should be Fla vs Ohio State no odubt in my mind and USC is the 3rd best

:shake:

yes i bet OU but i'm a long time fan of boise. they are a top 1-aa team which is nothing to be ashamed of. Appy st is a great 1-aa team that could take on most MAC and low rate top conference garbage such as the ncst's,dukes,stanfords and so on. boise cam to play last night and just pulled an upset. plain and simple. they deseverved to be there and although i was pulling for a 10 point OU victory so people could not trash boise program. zabransky throws with the velocity of a high school QB and those lineman are choads. good work boise ,OU should be ashamed of that performance with all that size and talent. lets just not over think this outcome.

i agree with stacks. lets not overthink this, every year there is at least one bowl game where a far superior team doesn't show up. no motivation for OU, cuz they think they're so much better than all other programs. I, for one, saw this coming but still put my money behind a much too talented to lose like that team. Motivation is everything. They weren't prepared because for 2 months they've been whining about the oregon call and where they should be playing. I put it on coaching.

anyway, this happens every year. let's move on to these last few games and make some $$$

Leave it up to unhappy gamblers to deny credit. They beat a bunch of bowl teams, couple from BCS conferences, no one beat them, what do you want from them? If you don't think they could beat Florida, you're on crack.

My two all-time favorite things losing gamblers say.

1.) "I lost this one, but I had the right side."

2.) "I lost this one, but if they played it again, things would be different."

Give us a break.

Dont think there are many unhappy bettors in here bro. Second, I di not have a side in that game. They are a good team, I will give you that. Yes, I am sure they "could" beat Florida but like SN said at least 8 out of 10 times they will lose!

You don't know that, I don't know that, and SN (who had Okie) doesn't know it either. I think the best evidence as to what would happen if they played is what happened when they played.

Seriously Nut, when you say that OU dominated the game but for a few plays, you sound like Butch Davis when he said the Browns played pretty good rushing D against Baltimore save for a couple runs a couple years back. Those runs happened to go for 50+ and touchdowns, and the guy happened to set the single-game NFL rushing record, but who's counting, his point was they played well on the other plays. Boise won the game, it wasn't cheap, they're better. Scoreboard sez so. I wish they could play in a tournament so we could stop hypothesizing.

Not u mention all of OU's turnovers but i think you are forgetting the pick 6 at the end of the game.

Who's forgetting what? Great play in a great game, won by the better team.

thats so wrong tippy...I pointed out I played OU to not hide the fact.WHo cares what side someone had in 1 game.... Unhappy about what that I finished plus +9 in CFB yesterday and +10 in CBB...what was there to be unhappy about that I actually picked ONE wrong side? Where did I say OU was the right side yesterday? I never said I was right , infact I said Boise ML deserved to hit. I am talking about the BS media coverage, the dumb announcers sucking Boise' knob all nite, the comments about National Championship...see Rutgers with that stupid talk.. its easiest to rise up and pull of an upset when only 1 of 3 games you play is competitive...SJST , Nevada , Hawaii , Oregon State and OU...hmm three of them decied by 7 pts or less.(meaning change 1 play and the outcome could be vastily different)..nevada is getting credit for hanging with a bad Miami team..the caught Oregon State before they caught fire and at home in a revenge spot could you have better timing...do you really believe the outcome would be the same if they played again today? @ Nevada...every sports board was littered with how Nevada was gonna smoke them....just as silly as Boise deserving the N.C.S....public perception is almost always wrong...do you think they could beat Hawaii team today..?? its a great job by Boise not beating themselves and to me that credit goes to the coaches...I am not sandbagging Boise but national Championship...gimme a break...anyone can beat anyone there is nothing but parity...

Like I said gambling aside...Boise played near mistake free ball and outcoached OU end of story..They are not equal to them as a team...they simple fact is Boise couldnt hold an 18 pt lead , they couldnt run out the clock and they couldnt stop OU on offense with the game on the line....

Explain to me how they showed they were in OU's class? By winning 1 game? by 1 pt by choosing to go for 2 cause you KNOW your defense has zero chance of stopping OUs offense? Winning or Losing never tells the story...its about execution. That what makes successful handicappers..leaving opinions aside and dealing with facts...if there was a rematch with this game happening and OU was laying 7 on a neutral field I would be all over them. I WOULD NOT be all over OU in the same situation again because without this defeat they arrogant and think they can show up and beat teams..this was a lesson IMO...

Explain to me how Boise State ran 2 plays inside the 30 all game? All game!

Explain how Boise 'stopped' OU rather OU' game calling stopping them. Tell me the times they settled for FGs there play calling was sound? If I recall Barry Alvarez whose reume is pretty solid questioned it all second half...so this is some SN pipe dream is it?

Explain to me whats tougher playing a tough game nearly every week or playing 4 key games all season and worse managing to get all those teams when they play there worse football...and Boise didnthave much to do with that. Boise seems to have luck on their side..winning is what defines being #1 is it? I thought there was alot more to it...give Boise a tougher schedule they go 8-4 no doubt..

One thing I could care less about is indivual teams...I seriously follow one team in sports the Yankees..thats it. I am a sports fan who lovs to handicap sports..

Boise not one time the entire nite put together a drive...not one time...

1) Why is OU biting so hard on a playaction pass the first possession of the game? Probably cause the OU DEF coordinator told them you are OU make sure the Boise offense knows that early...meaning take of their heads...you could see it on every play OU was trying to blow up Boise not tackle them...thats arrogance...they also scored on a desperation throw across the field when OU overpursued...now if thats get pikced and goes the other way is it a great throw..? They scored 5 of the flukiest TDs possible...the lateral was a great call?? Every team has a lateral call at the end..they executed...

2) How am I griping over 14 points GIVEN to Boise by Paul Thompson? The guy had 4 turnovers your telling me he played well and worse your telling me Boise somehow forced those turnovers...2 of those INTS couldnt have been thrown worse...

As I said Boise executed and OU didnt...thats how i view everything...if your the talent superior your opponent doesnt stop you stop yourself...no if , and's , buts about it in my book...

Great job by Boise but they do not deserve any National Championship consideration playing that schedule....see how they hold up after 3 weeks of playing teams in OU class...OU could played all nite long...Boise was desperate to win it then..

I would hope after 4 or5 years you though abit more of me than that tip!

abcs said:
Not u mention all of OU's turnovers but i think you are forgetting the pick 6 at the end of the game.

Not forgetting.

I am NOT SAYING THAT OU DESERVED TO WIN THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SAYING THAT BOISE PLAYED WELL AND OU PLAYED AS POORLY AS OU WILL EVER PLAY AND THEY STILL LOST BY JUST 1 POINT!!! ITS FOOLISH TO BELIEVE BOISE DESERVES NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONSIDERATION......

and the game was tied ...fresh , clean slate when that pick happned...so OU overcame everything to still tie it up

I didn't bet the game, sporty, and I do have a chip up my ass about the BCS system because I think it's unfair and unsportsmanlike, and frankly stupid.

But you're pointing at things IN the game, some of them handicappable, some not. Have ya' watched much of Boise this year, last year, the last 10? ... They come to play and they do tricky shit. Another newsflash. Oklahoma isn't that great.

You know why Boise didn't put together an entire drive? They never had to, until the end, when they did. It's like saying the Yankees didn't put together an entire inning when they win on 4 solo shots in different innings. Every game has a personality, this game had a GREAT personality, it was all about big plays and Boise won the game. Oklahoma didn't lay down, I'm so sick of that BS.

tipyerbartender said:
Seriously Nut, when you say that OU dominated the game but for a few plays, you sound like Butch Davis when he said the Browns played pretty good rushing D against Baltimore save for a couple runs a couple years back. Those runs happened to go for 50+ and touchdowns, and the guy happened to set the single-game NFL rushing record, but who's counting, his point was they played well on the other plays. Boise won the game, it wasn't cheap, they're better. Scoreboard sez so. I wish they could play in a tournament so we could stop hypothesizing.

No , I am saying OU didnt make plays they are capable of making and usually make . I dont feel you credit someone when there opposition failed to execute. If you think Boise can move the ball on OU thats fine. You have your opinion and I have my mine. I would ask if they could why couldnt they do it with the game on the line? cause they arent the better team...so Boise is one of the best offenses in the country then...?? I hope your not serious...

I never said it was cheap but your so wrong if you think they are even equal let alone better...Boise finally gets their BCS game and your gonna tell me OU is as excited about playing Boise.....motivation is everything in life....OU didnt deserve to win I never said they did.....OU coaches did an awful job of preparing them...

The scoreboard says that on 1-1-07 Boise won by 1 pt cause it went for 2 in OT.....citing the final score in 1 event what I would expect an inferior opponent to do...its like me losing a baseball game 1-0 when I allow 1 hit and strike out 17 .....who cares about the scoreboard...over time my talent will stand up versus your talent...scores are indicative of who is better....isnt thats why we say the better team deosnt always win.....

can we just bury the stupid game......I have my opinions you guys have yours....I'd rather be capping games and attempting to make money rather then argue about a game that ended yesterday

its easy to justify that they caught every team on their bad night so their wins were lucky. I watched the entire game, and I saw a smaller team match a bigger team physically for 3.5 quarters.

Maybe, just maybe, the "points handed to them" were earned just a bit due to a nice rush and run stopping front 7. Maybe, just maybe, good teams make their own opportunities.

With your logic, the Chicago Bears are lucky and dont deserve to be on the field with any other playoff teams, since they were "handed" pts all season.

Bottomline is Scoreboard, and this Boise team, as unlikely as it seems, has been on the right side of it 13 times. Thats good enough for me. Top 5, no brainer.

Of course Boise is a gimmick offense.....I never said OU deserved to win with that effort..I simply dont think Boise is better and didnt prove they deserved to be in teh National Championship discussion.....Sports about execution.....USC is so good cause they execute properly....why do the Yankees underacheive cause they dont execute......not cause the other team is better.....just like why the won some rings...my Yankees werent the better team but thet executed everytime they had to.....

I never said it was cheap but your so wrong if you think they are even equal let alone better...Boise finally gets their BCS game and your gonna tell me OU is as excited about playing Boise.....motivation is everything in life....OU didnt deserve to win I never said they did.....OU coaches did an awful job of preparing them...

How do you know this? This is ridiculous. I mean it's so fucking arrogant. You're going to tell me that Oklahoma wasn't motivated enough to win the game? How come you didn't feel that way yesterday? Give the dog it's due.

yeah ...thats pretty correct actually ...thats why they are called UPSETS...cause the inferior team won...great teams that lose do so when they play poorly...isnt that what made USC-UT so great cause they both played so well...they both played an A game...if I am on Boise I dont feel like I beat the best OU has to offer...but hey thats me...I am a perfectionst by nature....

You must have thought it was smart then to try and run inside the tackles all nite instead of take it to the edge like AP did on the TD run and the OT TD run...thats called stupidty and arrogance trying to beat an opponents strength..was a news flash they could stop the run...why not be like Boise and try to counter there strengths?? ......like the Cowboys saying they will throw at Lito Shepard...not suprisingly the Boys lost that game as well...its arrogance by great teams that gets them beaten..not that OU is great...

Nice pash rush...good QBs dont make mistakes pressured or not...(okay so when a guy guards me tight in basketball and I miss it was cause he played good defense...not likely...or is it when I draw two defenders and score the more talented person simply executes better?) Its all boils down to execution and no inferior athelete dictates execution...My point is was it OU's playcalling that was stopping the offense or actually the Boise DEF? If it was Boise and not OU how come they couldnt stop on the last drive? I 100% believe it was execution over Boise imposing their will...

I never said Boise wasnt a good team...and BTW in case you didnt notice the Bears can ONLY win if they impose there will and force you into mistakes...if you dont give them help they cant beat you...I think Arizona proved that early on...and NE reiterated later on...

thats great that its good for you, I could care less about polls and I never reward averageness...8 awful teams , 2 solid ones and 3 decent ones doesnt deserve reward.....I understad Boise State has been fucked in the past but really I dont care I am talking about today only.....

And my rant is not towards any people here its by the blind mice who work at ESPN and so on....I said repeatedly I was happy Boise paid off on the ML they deserve it......

tipyerbartender said:

How do you know this? This is ridiculous. I mean it's so fucking arrogant. You're going to tell me that Oklahoma wasn't motivated enough to win the game? How come you didn't feel that way yesterday? Give the dog it's due.

No..No...No..No.. I suck at getting my point across...I admit that! I never said OU wasnt motivated to win...I am saying being its OU they dont think Boise can beat them and therefore dont show up in the same manner....DUDE .....thats all I have being saying is how ARROGANT OU came across that entire game......your always motivated but there is a different emotion level in being the Dog vs being the FAV..isnt that why we have terms like playing with a chip on their shoulder and such...

And when it comes to sports I am very arrogant! I dont hide that...but I also welcome the challenge! I am saying OU was arrogant enough to think they didnt nned to play an 'A' game to win easily...it showed IMO....

Why do you think I shy away from betting favs.....and if I had known that OU was going to play like that I wouldnt have backed OU.....I expected them to give Boise some respect and not attack their strengths and not be careless with the ball...Boise respected OU by gameplanning how to beat OU's strengths not go right at them

If they played each other 10 times I think... and probably most the people out there would say the same. OU would win 8 or 9 out of 10. People will be gunning for Boise State next year though. Then all this discussion will go away.

I am not discrediting what Boise did but based on 1 game they shouldnt be mentioned in National Championship discussion...if you want to discuss it furtjer simply PM and I will be happy to make myself look liek a bigger idiot cause I cant clarify my points....now we have to finish capping 3 sports!! BOL!

Not to drag this out further, but its only fair to mention they also beat Utah by 33 pts, who won a bowl game. That has to be counted as another solid win along with OSU, Nev, et al.

Why is Boise's status in your eyes based on 1 game, and why devalue it because you say the other team didn't approach the game properly, thus totally and completely devaluing Boise? Michigan was mentioned in the national championship discussion before they lost yesterday, who did they beat?

Last 4 bowls:

Beat TCU
Lost to LV by 4
Lost to BC by 6
Beat the Sooners

I think they should move to a more difficult conference. This team can hang with most teams.

Michigan beat notre dame wisky and penn st..

But anyway If Florida played boise and the spread was 7 or 8 id take boise.. Florida hasnt blown out anyone in a loooong time

Look. Do I think Boise would lose to Ohio State? Yes. But to argue that this undefeated team isn't the team that should have had the shot sounds dumb to me, especially in light of last night. Really dumb. To argue differently is a laughable apology for the NCAA's defense of the laughable BCS system, and I feel sorry for you.

Argue all you want, you don't know for sure. Tell Boise St. someone can beat 'em.

You can't deny the innovation in the offense... and the fact that they DOMINATED OU for 3.5 quarters. Straight domination... they did well against the run the majority of the time. If you don't execute on offense Boise will score... and imagine if this team had a big play receiver.

Kudos to them... definately worthy of finishing in the top 6 or 7 this year.

Gentlemen-This is like arguing religion or politics-It's over and it was a classic. There are always going to be exceptions to every game and the outcomes will never satisfy everyone.Each of you has valid points but that doesn't take away the way the game was played.I feel it's best to leave it at that:cheers:

I was surprised by Boise's team speed......especially at the WR position! I think tOSU, or Florida would beat Boise!

Great point its like religion or poltics....I dont get why people dont understand my point I never said Boise couldnt beat Ohio State or Fla...its about who you played and how you played them...you wanna play with the big boys then get in a big boy conference....

I guess Wakes D stopped Louisville just now as well..dropped pass followed by a silly fumble...

We can all have our opinions and thats fine...I dont think anyone is wrong here...I just dont agree. I feel a better offensive game plan would have put up more points (coupled with better protcetion of the ball ...1 pt loss and you had 4 turnovers to 1 ) and I a smarter DEF coordinator would have had his team better prepared.....

We all agree boise is always and will always have gimmick plays so why wasnt OU prepared..arrogance IMO...if gimmick plays are so great why do they hardly work and why didnt Boise put up 50 every game..?? They were the better prepared team and deserving winners...sorry National conteneders they are not on that schedule.....and if ou say well OU isnt that good well okay you further my point....

I could honestly careless about how the playoffs work..........all I care about is that there are games every week for me to handicap. And if you knew me , you would know I could understand Boise's situation...see back in my college days my baseball team was a small north eastern school that was pretty damn good...well we had to play West Virginia in a playin for the College World Series (to get into the regionals).....in WVU...well nice old WV gave us the wrong directions to the hotel , gave us a hotel that was in Pennsylvania and pulled about every little trick they could to get us mentally unprepared....so I understand the have vs the have nots....we lost 2 close games in a best three....so it sucks to be the little guy but thats the nature of the beast...we could have beat WVI in 3 game series but over as season we just wouldnt be as good as they would have been...

Back