Bobcats send Morrison to Lakers for Radmanovic!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

Bobcats send Morrison to Lakers for Radmanovic

By MIKE CRANSTON, AP Sports Writer 18 minutes ago

• <form method="post" action="http://buzz.yahoo.com/vote/" class="buzz" id="buzz-toolbar"> <input name="publisherurn" value="y_sports" type="hidden"> <input name="guid" value="urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nba,article,ap-lakers-bobcatstrade:1" type="hidden"> <input name=".done" value="/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nba,article,ap-lakers-bobcatstrade:1" type="hidden"> <input name="assettype" value="article" type="hidden"> <input name="votetype" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="from" value="orion" type="hidden"> <input name="key" value="e05d5" type="hidden"> <input name=".crumb" value=".2LlfqF3vW0" type="hidden"> <button type="submit">Buzz up!</button> 0 votes </form> <script type="text/javascript">YAHOO.util.Event.addListener( window, "load", function() { setTimeout(function(){ new YAHOO.Media.Buzz("buzz-toolbar",{"sync":["buzz-tools"],"showCount":true,"countPosition":"after","fetchCount":false,"loggedIn":false}); }, 15); });</script>
  • Print

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—The Charlotte Bobcats sent struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.
The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under first-year coach Larry Brown.
Morrison was the third overall pick of the 2006 draft and managing partner Michael Jordan’s first major move since buying into the Bobcats. But Morrison had failed to crack the starting lineup and his minutes had declined under Brown.
Morrison will give the Lakers an outside shooting threat, while the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic gives the Bobcats more depth up front.

Lakers acquire Morrison, Brown in exchange for Radmanovic

By Official Release
Posted Feb 7 2009 3:30PM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Adam Morrison and guard Shannon Brown from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Vladimir Radmanovic, it was announced today.<!-- START 'inlineAds : default' FILE: /.element/ssi/story/1.0/news/.branding/default/inlineAds.html -->
<!-- FINISH 'inlineAds' -->Morrison, currently in his 3rd NBA season out of Gonzaga, was selected third overall by the Bobcats in the 2006 NBA Draft after earning unanimous First Team All-America honors and garnering multiple National Player of the Year awards his senior year. Named to the All-Rookie Second Team following the 2006-07 season, Morrison appeared in 78 games as rookie including 23 starts, averaging 11.8 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in 29.8 minutes while earning T-Mobile Rookie of the Month honors for November 2006.
Missing the entire 2007-08 season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee in an October 20 preseason game against the Lakers, Morrison has played in 44 games this season including five starts, averaging 4.5 points and 1.6 rebounds in 15.2 minutes with a high-game of 16 points November 11 vs. Denver.
In 122 career games (23 starts), Morrison is averaging 9.1 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 24.5 minutes.
Brown, also in his 3rd NBA season out of Michigan State, was originally selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the 25th overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. Traded to the Chicago Bulls as part of the Ben Wallace deal in February of 2008, Brown signed with Charlotte as a free agent this past August. In 30 games with the Bobcats this season, Brown is averaging 4.8 points in 11.4 minutes with a season-highs in points (16), steals (4) and minutes (26) coming November 3 vs. Detroit.
In 74 career games (9 starts), Brown is averaging 4.5 points in 10.6 minutes

Good trade for LA. Why not really. Hopefully the Stache can get his career goin

Good trade for both sides. Gives the Bobcats immediate scoring help they need badly and gives the Lakers some real building blocks for the future. That Brown kid looks like he has a future.

Don't like this move for the Lakers to be honest. Radmanovich developed toughness lately and was silent assasin as Phil Jackson called him. A great shooter, but poor defender, but at least tall. Lakers will face very tough opponent, if they will make it to NBA Finals, Boston or Cleveland probably. Just can't see who Morrison can guard on one of the teams and how will he be able to handle athletic players. Radmanovic isn't the most important player on the team, so I guess it won't affect too much, but still, the last thing Lakers needed was a three point shooter. The only upside is that he is young...

dont like what it does for the team this year either, as morrison is trash (maybe he turns it around, i don't see him ever being a player) and brown plays at most 5 minutes a game, but without knowing morrison or browns contracts, this was probably done to clear out radmans contract in order to resign ariza, which is very vital and makes the trade worth it

From the novice's point of view, Morrison reminds me of Walton when he came out of college, only a bit better suited for the college game. And it's taken forever for Walton to transition to an NBA player so you wonder if it won't be the same for Morrison. That is, as others have said, if he gets there at all.

As it is, I think divol has a really good point. Can he guard anybody on defense? If he can't aren't the Lakers now dangerously thin on defense?

in terms of this year...if what sportjunky says is true, then it's good for the lakers if they can get ariza

joepub, good win on the superbowl..though i think you got lucky...should've taken zona after 3 to green out at crazy money...but alas, i got greedy...time for me to grab some food...you guys are lucky, you won't see me for at least 2 hours lol

Thanks, Tazz. I'm acutally going to do the same, food time.

Oh, and I love that signature. I may start using the term 'shamockery' in every day conversation.

brown is garbage, look at ytd's game. he turned it over and made a bad decision to go for a layup at the end of the game and got blocked by jsmith when they needed a 3

good trade from the bobcats perspective imo. doubt morrison will ever be a consistently good pro and shannon brown does not play at an nba level

the trade ends up saving the lakers 8 mil in cap space next season despite the fact morrison makes 5.3 mil which is fuckin crazy. did jordan give him an extension or somethin? i kno he was the #3 pick but i thought rookie contracts were capped

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-spw-lakerstrade8-2009feb08,0,3829949.story

Reporting from Cleveland -- The Lakers today traded forward Vladimir Radmanovic, 29, to the Charlotte Bobcats for two third-year players, forward Adam Morrison and guard Shannon Brown.

Radmanovic had been a part-time starter this season, but he was inconsistent and it eventually led to his departure from the Lakers. He still had two more years and $13.4 million on his contract after this season.

Morrison, the third pick in the 2006 NBA draft, has played sparingly this season for Charlotte. He has a contract that calls for $5.3 million next season. Brown's contract pays him almost $800,000 this season, but he will become a free agent in the summer.

Overall, the deal will save the Lakers more than $8 million in salary cap space next season.​

huge for LA he needs to be a feeder meaning play with someone that can create his shot for him.

Based on the numbers, this does sound like a genius deal for LA no matter what they get from Morrison.

You take $8 million off the books which means you can either re-sign one of your guys, go after a FA, or both. Then if you get anything from Morrison at all it's basically gravy.

Morrison will fit on the Lakers just like Rad did...before the Lakers Rad was shitty and wasn't well known when he played with Seattle.

Throw Morrison in here, who's a much better player playing the same style as Rad, catch and shoot, going to be interesting to see how he shines in LA...my guess:Fit in very well. This guy was drafted over Brandon Roy & Rudy Yag, etc... he had high expectations and wasn't doing too bad his first year until an injury which sat him out for an entire season, WHICH IMO is why his numbers are so bad this year, including being on a shitty team with a shitty coach, YES LARRY BROWN, We know how he did in the USA a few years back. F that guy...

Cut 8 million off the LA, and see how Morrison fits in...I call this a Gasol trade #2...and Morrison will prove it.

I bet you both Brown and Morrison are currently celebrating like they just won the finals

I bet you both Brown and Morrison are currently celebrating like they just won the finals

They're just waiting to get back to LA to f**k some Laker groupies.

Laker groupies vs. Charlotte groupies? Uh . . . yeah.

Also Kobe and Phil will make him better just like they helped Ariza get better. B4 Ariza got there he had no jump shot what so ever not the dude can drain 3's. I remember when Adam was a stud at Gonzaga, Kobe went to go watch him and he was a fan so im sure he's happy.

I also think Brown has upside but dont think he will get much playing time this year.

bye bye Space Cadet :whip:

when the bobcats beat the lakeshow in LA this was Brown's statline

22mins. 14pts, 2ast, 4rbds , 6-11 FG, 2-5 FT

also Brown was drafted 1 spot b4 Farmar the Lakers liked Brown the whole time. He's the perfect PG for Phil.

Morrison should be good as long as he doesnt start crying in games again.

Brown is notorious for killing young players, good trade for the Lakers. Vlad will be in the dog house quick with the Bobcats.

Lakers arent saving $8 mill next yr..... the will save $8 mill in the next 2 years if they DO NOT qualify morrison and let him become a free agent in 10/11, Their only saving $1.2 mill next year and if Morrison starts playing well they would pretty much be forced to qualify him... or they could have just made the trade to free up money in 10/11 which is the most probable reason....

09/10 10/11

Adam Morrison $5,257,288 $6,897,484 (qualifying offer)
V.Radmanovic $6,466,600 $6,883,800 (player option)

Lakers arent saving $8 mill next yr..... the will save $8 mill in the next 2 years if they DO NOT qualify morrison and let him become a free agent in 10/11, Their only saving $1.2 mill next year and if Morrison starts playing well they would pretty much be forced to qualify him... or they could have just made the trade to free up money in 10/11 which is the most probable reason....

09/10 10/11

Adam Morrison $5,257,288 $6,897,484 (qualifying offer)
V.Radmanovic $6,466,600 $6,883,800 (player option)

Who cares man, Adam and Brown or Rad...I'd take Adam as a catch and shooter all day and Brown sound defense over Rad inconsistent rainbow threes. No matter how much they are saving, they got a great deal and are saving SOME money no matter what.

- Heard Rad was suppose to fly for the bobcats heats game tonight, any news if Morrison or Brown would be in the Lakers lineup for the cavs?

The bottom line from Kupchak's conference call with media members here in Cleveland is three-part:
A) Radmanovic had fallen beneath Luke Walton and Trevor Ariza on the small forward depth chart, and did not appear likely to play much for the rest of the season. Particularly since Radmanovic was "highly compensated," in Kupchak's words, it didn't make sense to keep him when he wasn't getting minutes.
B) The Lakers acquired two young players with upside that have a chance to help the Lakers down the line, if not this season. Morrison is a terrific shooter and Brown a strong, athletic wing player who might give L.A. a different defensive look off the bench than it previously possessed.
C) The salary and number of years factor favors the Lakers. In Kupchak's words, "We picked up some flexibility down the road with a shortened (financial) commitment versus Vladi's commitment." Basically, Shannon Brown’s contract expires at the end of this season, and Morrison’s expires at the end of next season. Radmanovic’s contract, however, goes through 2011, so the Lakers pick up an extra year of flexibility.

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top"> The Lakers were looking for a new defensive look off the bench that "Maybe Shannon Brown could come in and give us something we don't have." The former Michigan State standout is a solid 6-4, 211 pounds, and can body up on both shooting guards and small forwards.
To Kupchak, it didn't make any sense to keep a player "who was highly compensated on the bench and not playing at all, especially if he was not happy." So shipping Radmanovic seemed to be a good option regardless; getting two young players with potential surely sweetened the deal.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

man i love shannon brown, did in cleveland...jsut never got a real chance, went to chicago and didnt even dress..this kid is good and will be in LA

answered my own question...

Finally, a business note: Both Morrison and Brown have to pass physicals before playing for the Lakers, and neither will be with the team on Sunday in Cleveland. Instead, both players will fly to Los Angeles to take their physicals on Sunday and are expected to practice with the Lakers on Monday.

I'll ask the big question that nobody seems to want to ask here....Where is Radmanovic going to be able to go snowboarding in Charlotte?

radman was not a good fit in lakers, he played no defense at all, now Lakers have a wicked shooter and a tenacious defender in Morrrison to give them more depth.

I'm not sure what the Lakers are thinking here but they just traded a GREAT shooter who is 6'10" for a guy shooting 37% in 122 career NBA games, is not athletic & plays no defense (which is why Larry Brown hated playing him in Charlotte).

SammyMeatballs, you're being sarcastic right??

I'm not sure what the Lakers are thinking here but they just traded a GREAT shooter who is 6'10" for a guy shooting 37% in 122 career NBA games, is not athletic & plays no defense (which is why Larry Brown hated playing him in Charlotte).

SammyMeatballs, you're being sarcastic right??
:36_11_6:

i hate morrison. Guy is a vag hole and will start crying when phil puts him behind Yue for garbage time.

Jordan Farmar should welcome morrison with a firm bitchslap, kinda like how he bitchslapped him in the sweet 16 3 years ago..lol

Back