Bobby Petrino Resigns as Falcons Head Coach. Heading to Arky?

jester2trife

CTG Media Pirate
Thats what Ive heard from a couple of different sources. Why these guys leave the college ranks where they are Gods, to head to the short-term NFL gigs is beyond me...

xXx

yeah, NFL is a year round job......

you see so many college coaches try the NFL and say fuc% this.....

College has the "no recruit period", 20 hour practice week, and 16 weeks of actual season.....

I heard Jimmy Johnson saying how college coaches only work 7 months out of the year because of NCAA regulations....thus they are all good golfers, lol.

I was reading that Arkie had hired Will Muschamp.

Yep. Damn, I was hoping that Texas could steal another Auburn DC.

COACH EXCITE-O-PANTS IT IS

Will Muschamp, excitable defensive coordinator for the Auburn Tigers, will indeed likely be the next head coach at Arkansas. He’s naturally going to be called Boom! Motherfucker for life, but we’ll throw a few other possible nicknames out there just for the hell of it in a vain attempt to be family friendly, you thieving horde of goose-raping assholes.
–Coach Excite-o-pants
–Spanky the Indomitable
–Coach Mustyfist
–Mr. Babychimp
2104417686_46385931d0_m.jpg

–Hyper-hypo.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4N45h5wsX0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object></p> UPDATE! We didn’t mention that this is potentially a really, really good hire, and a bonus for us as Florida fans since we won’t have to face a Muschamp defense every year now. We should have done that, so…um, yeah. It’s potentially a really, really good hire.

Everyone is reporting Petrino to Arkansas. If so, where is Muschamp going? Will he be HC or DC?

Muschamp apparently staying put at Auburn

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times December 11, 2007 7:24 PM

Categories: Football
Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is apparently not moving to Arkansas.
Bobby Petrino resigned Tuesday as Atlanta Falcons head coach and, according to a source close to the search, is expected to be name Arkansas coach as early as Wednesday morning.
Earlier Tuesday, reports out of Arkansas indicated Muschamp was on the verge of replacing Houston Nutt at Arkansas. But sources close to Muschamp said he was never interviewed nor asked to interview.
Muschamp is expected to coach Auburn's defense against Clemson in the Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A Bowl and to return for his third season in 2008.
More to come later.

Why college coaches even try making it in the nfl will never cease to amaze me. It is an entirely different animal with almost a 100% failure rate. I dunno why they even put themselves through it

Why college coaches even try making it in the nfl will never cease to amaze me. It is an entirely different animal with almost a 100% failure rate. I dunno why they even put themselves through it
It's called money..

He was getting 2.4 avg/year w/ the ten year deal at the Ville..

and 5 million avg/year with the 5 year/24.5 million from ATL.

Twice as much money..pretty much it..

Money and EGO.

It's called money..

He was getting 2.4 avg/year w/ the ten year deal at the Ville..

and 5 million avg/year with the 5 year/24.5 million from ATL.

Twice as much money..pretty much it..

Money and EGO.

Understandable but you when you compare that with the yearlong constant grind of nfl job compared to the college coaching season/recruiting work something has to scream out to them you will be working twice as many hours with less job security.

Your right though ego is what it is all about for the most part.

deuce's wild, Not sure if college coaches of bigtime programs don't work just as hard. You have recruiting to worry about plus all the publicity work you have to do to keep the boosters happy during the off-season as well.

Back