Bob Hope/ American Express Championship

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Not a bad little field here...

I see Xander is back. Curious on the back issue. Possibly a solid injury fade?

Of course, I don't have any X matchups currently.

Last year, of the big names, Cantlay and Will were top 10. Rahm was t14.

Swafford won at 23 under.

It's been a longshot event. These players fit each trend.

C. Davis
A. Putnam
H. English
KH Lee
D. McCarthy
S. Ryder
N. Taylor
C. Kirk
JT Poston
M. Hubbard
P. Kizzire
A. Schenk
N. Lashley
L. Glover
B. An
A. Baddeley
C. Hadley

I typically don't like these mutli-course tournaments, but I'm sure I'll find something to my liking. Also Abu Dhabi this week. Pretty good field there too

agree, hossler not my cup of tea. my 1st round matchups.

Im -125 vs Harman
C Davis -120 vs Wise
Montgomery -135 vs Theegala
Hoge -115 vs Hoon Lee

was looking like a 3-1 day or at worst 2-1-1 until late flurry of birdies by Lee to leapfrog Hoge.
definitely whack indeed, especially also with some guys teeing off from the back 9. i'll pass tomorrow until Sunday.

Im -125 vs Harman (Im -6; Harman -1) W $250
C Davis -120 vs Wise (Davis E; Wise -2) L $300
Montgomery -135 vs Theegala (Montgomery -8; Theegala -6) W $250
Hoge -115 vs Hoon Lee (Hoge -1; Lee -2) L -$287.50

-$87.50

was looking like a 3-1 day or at worst 2-1-1 until late flurry of birdies by Lee to leapfrog Hoge.
definitely whack indeed, especially also with some guys teeing off from the back 9. i'll pass tomorrow until Sunday.

Hoge -115 vs Hoon Lee (Hoge -1; Lee -2 E) L -$287.50 W $250

-$87.50 $450

As I was writing this up, Lee was finishing up on 9. It was taking quite a while for his last hole score to register, which usually means a big number. Lee doubles the last hole to end up E, giving me a W result for Hoge -115. that's how it goes sometimes.

net $450 going 3-1.

As I was writing this up, Lee was finishing up on 9. It was taking quite a while for his last hole score to register, which usually means a big number. Lee doubles the last hole to end up E, giving me a W result for Hoge -115. that's how it goes sometimes.

net $450 going 3-1.

What we got today?

Hoge -115 vs Hoon Lee (Hoge -1; Lee -2) L -$287.50

-$87.50

Reading backwards. Yeah probably best. And I hate following this course. If they’re not a feature group F it

considering some more whacky bets. my book is offering the same matchups for 2nd round. I may go back to the well on the below. I would flip from Young to Wise. The only thing holding me back from locking in is the uncertainly of dynamics of someone who may press in order to make the cut for the weekend and those playing conservative. Makes the 2nd round much tougher to cap.

Im -130 (-7) vs Harman (-1)
Wise -125 (-2) vs C Davis (E)
Montgomery -130 (-8) vs Theegala (-6)
Hoge -115 (-1) vs Hoon Lee (E)

With that said, I'm gonna sit out today and see how my leans go. Quick look at some equity I have to win outright. Still lots of golf left in this shtfest.

T7 Im +1700
T64 Zalatoris +1700
T42 Cam Young +1700
T64 Finau +1200
T124 Cam Davis +3800
T2 Taylor Montgomery +3500
T107 Tom Hoge +3000
T64 Tom Kim +1800

Can’t even get good strokes gained data here, so I’m just going to run it back with 2 of my losers from yesterday

Tom Kim -140 > Theegala (somehow this is more expensive today even though Theegala kicked his ass yesterday)
Davis Riley -115 > Hoss

Theegala was nipping at Montgomery's heels all day. That's a rough price, and I hope Tom snaps out of it and makes a run to make the cut. and yea f Hoss.

Never really gotten into this tournament, guess Saturday's interesting at least.

Seems like a tournament where every hole is a pin hunt and it always takes forever. Remember Hoffman played well here for a few years.

Can’t even get good strokes gained data here, so I’m just going to run it back with 2 of my losers from yesterday

Tom Kim -140 > Theegala (somehow this is more expensive today even though Theegala kicked his ass yesterday)
Davis Riley -115 > Hoss

Ugh, if I lose to Hoss and that mug again…

Tom Kim having himself a nice day, 6 under after 8 holes.

Glad I didn't play my leans, as I would be looking at 1-2-1 right now. Lee and Davis are playing well. Not good for Hoge and Wise.

Going to play Mitchell tomorrow assuming they post a matchup

Rahm likely goes stupidly low to win on Sunday, guy's form is en fuego then he just gets to go to Torrey

This third world tracking of shots…. Appeared Hoss bogied 17 and still shows that in shot history but apparently he didn’t? Lost to this scumbag twice.

This third world tracking of shots…. Appeared Hoss bogied 17 and still shows that in shot history but apparently he didn’t? Lost to this scumbag twice.
It's literally done by a person working for the tour radioing in the position and the club...walked with one at Scottsdale once and it's really a dog and pony show. It's not fancy at all, she didn't even have the distance reader...just kinda approximated lol. No clue how she knew what club they were hitting, had to be complete guesswork.

Well sht. Missed out on some serious dough as my leans went 4-0. Sighs.

Im -130 (-6) vs Harman (-2)
Wise -125 (-2) vs C Davis (-1)
Montgomery -130 (-3) vs Theegala (-2)
Hoge -115 (-6) vs Hoon Lee (-4)

S Im -110 vs X Schauffele
A Hadwin -120 vs J Day
E van Rooyen -120 vs G Higgo
J Rose -120 vs B Hossler
C Young -125 vs W Zalatoris

Fading Zalatoris and Schauffele on 4th day of the grind. F Hossler. And Hadwin is playing well.

S Im -110 vs X Schauffele
A Hadwin -120 vs J Day
E van Rooyen -120 vs G Higgo
J Rose -120 vs B Hossler
C Young -125 vs W Zalatoris

Fading Zalatoris and Schauffele on 4th day of the grind. F Hossler. And Hadwin is playing well.
Lose Im. Win Rooyen and Rose. Push Hadwin and Young. +$225. And Schauffele is ‘back’.

Amex tally 1-2, -.25 units. Happy to break even again this week and good for Thompson to hang in there with the big boys.

Back