Blue Jays Fire Gibbons, Bring Back Cito Gaston

Greencastle

The Doc
Great news for Toronto fans.

Gibbons should have been fired a long time ago, but JP was too pussy to pull the trigger.

Cito is a god in Toronto after the back to back World Series in the early 90's.

yess!!! here i am in my toronto office and i get over 10 text msgs saying gibbons is fired!! Next in line. JP...his "5 year plan" has failed haha lets' go real old school and bring back gillick!! =)

Those who were born and raised in Toronto and witnessed the back to back World Series Championships in the early 90's, will always love big bad Cito.

ya the only bad thing about the situation was ernie whitt getting let go. but if this is going to help us become a better and more competitve team than why not?

finally.. i dont no y i just hated the way Gibbons managed games, i always seemd to be 2nd guessing his moves from lineup to relievers being used... all i can say is fire JP too, 5years?! dud, building through the draft?! huge dud, taking stewart over Johnson (which I called out saying it was a dumb move on the radio but the guy didnt believe me) dud dud dud other then Aaron Hill what other impact player does TO have, everyone else was the last regime... all he has done is increased payroll and still be in 3rd, I know its tough in the AL east, and u got to take chances... but le the guy go alrdy its time for a new philosophy

Cito is only back on an interim basis for the rest of the season, but if he does a decent job I can see him returning next year.

agreed mago.. gibby had so many different lineups, it wasn't consistent and it bugged me to even watch them... this should get the fans a little excited...:) the older fans can vouch for cito for what he did earlier.. i was merely 8-9 when they won, i only heard stories and read about it all =) go jays go

me too GSRO I was there for game 4 in 92... and I tell you it got me hooked into the game, and to be honest, I have never heard a stadium sooo loud, not even at a leaf game.. but I guess over 50000 will do that, and hey u know what, when cito was here last time he was the hitting coach, and they did pretty well that yr in terms of hitting, too bad we couldnt pitch a lick that time... maybe he can turn things a bit around

yess!!! here i am in my toronto office and i get over 10 text msgs saying gibbons is fired!! Next in line. JP...his "5 year plan" has failed haha lets' go real old school and bring back gillick!! =)

Godfrey's job is also in question.

I never trusted him when I saw his press conferences and interviews.

me too GSRO I was there for game 4 in 92... and I tell you it got me hooked into the game, and to be honest, I have never heard a stadium sooo loud, not even at a leaf game.. but I guess over 50000 will do that, and hey u know what, when cito was here last time he was the hitting coach, and they did pretty well that yr in terms of hitting, too bad we couldnt pitch a lick that time... maybe he can turn things a bit around
for sure!!! our pitching has been pretty darn good this year, it's just the run support issue we had to deal with. Getting rid of Frank Thomas was also a good move also , he was a cancer in the clubhouse and wasn't producing! the mood shuold change in the clubhouse, as i have to agree with greencastle about the body language the jays were conveying with gibby!

Godfrey's job is also in question.

I never trusted him when I saw his press conferences and interviews.

atleast we have someone proven at the head of our lineup in cito! godfrey can be the biggest idiot he wants/can be, but when it comes down to it all, it's what cito can get the guys to do! I mean we have such good talent, and it's been wasted thus far!

now this is a blast from the past

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rzBMdq2ISQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>

Typical Blue Jays. They get a Cy Young type performance from Doc Halladay, but can't put up a single run to get him the win.

I hope Roy is alright after taking a line drive comebacker off the side of his head. That was some scary shit.

Back